70.000g to get an achievement?

You were here to chose a side, now you deny that you support that type of achievement to save face?
Because you realize it’s dumb and lazy of Blizz to put those types of achievements in the game… better late than never i suppose.

I don’t feel like 70k is a lot of money, it’s really not… but, I don’t like the idea of buying achievements with gold.

Frankly I don’t like anything that seems designed to boost token sales. It’s just not classy game design. And I know that ship sailed ages ago, but its okay to still not like it.

The entire “Don’t do it then!” arguement doesn’t really apply. It’s perfectly reasonable and valid to maintain a negative opinion of something you find unethical, even when you are not participating. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

They don’t assume you have 70,000 gold, they assume you have $20.

1 Like

i have 16k

yes. 100%. who cares? it has no impact on anything anywhere.

2 Likes

I do.

It’s predatory and cheapens achievements in general.
Dishing out 30 mil to get 30k more achievement points sounds like it cheapens the whole achievement system. That would put you with your 21k at 51k, probably more than anything that can be achieved in-game.

If you don’t give a crap about that, it doesn’t mean everyone doesn’t.

This thread showed that Blizzard can go ahead and do just that, because they have supporters like you to back them up.
You hear that Blizz? Green light is given for such methods.

that battle was lost years ago. how many achievement points can you get now for stuff like “log in during X” or “wave to the guy next to a boat”?

It’s not true that increased monitization of the content has “no impact on anything anywhere.”

The things they get away now with will directly impact development and marketing decisions moving forward.

How many? Do you have to pay them gold too? No you don’t.

Keep giving the green light then.

This one is the worst type so far, direct gold > achiev point system.

this thread should be on r/publicfreakout

1 Like

in what way are achievement points “content”? they’re a number next to your character. they have no impact on anything.

1 Like

hey, here’s one from many years back

Why are you freaking out?

Shows how much content one did in-game basically.
Did i have to say it to you? Couldn’t you have thought for a few seconds to see for yourself?

Another one who doesn’t know anything, but thinks he does.

That achievement gives a bag, you don’t pay for nothing.

that’s like saying the point of a car race is watching the speedometer and the timer because those are what measure how fast the race is being run

lol no… you buy the bag and equip it, then you get the achievement. i know because i have that achievement, and that’s how i got it.

The first 40 replies in this thread miss the point.

It’s not about the actual amount of gold. It’s that this low bar achievement is even in the game and qualifies as content. Blizzard has been phoning it in and this is just sad. Should we expect more of the same?

Seriously people. Don’t be satisfied with this garbage.

You’re vying off-track here, it can’t be compared like that, speaking nonsense much?

Irrelevant to the issue.
You say they are the same, because you pay gold to get an achievement, you don’t.
You pay gold to get something useful and an achievement.
As opposed to the donation one, where you pay gold to get achievement points directly.

Apparently Pyri is satisfied with this level of achievements.

no it’s not. you’re flat out wrong.

if you’re going to be wrong, at least don’t be arrogant about it.

What was i wrong about?
You called that achievement the same as this one, ignorantly so.

Achievement points are absolutely a type of content. I’ve had quite a bit of fun with some of them over the years.

Ranks, levels, and anything in games technically have “no impact on anything,” at least not in the real world, but its part of the fun, and when you can buy those ranks, levels, etc. you spoil the fun for yourself and others. It’s just the way it is. :upside_down_face:

I just can’t take this thread seriously knowing you will shell out the monthly sub just to complain on the US forums instead of the EU ones which is the region you actually play on.