70.000g to get an achievement?

i’m assuming someone already mentioned “of the Shattered Sun”?

either way, exchanging a thing in game for a thing in game, is pretty much what the entire game is about.

:joy:

Waiting for players to go to Twitter since blizzard isn’t on the forums > :negative_squared_cross_mark: :crossed_swords: :angry: :rage: :angry: :rage:

But that rep back then got you things later on …like armor or mounts like from a different faction …same goes for cloth we spent time donating …rep but later helped out for other things…as far as we can see right now that 70K is only for 10 AP points and that is it so far…we’ll have to wait till Monday to see what happens.

1 Like

Wait are you saying that an achievement by itself has no value to most of the player base? That can’t be. No, I’m certain we’ve been told the real prestige from the mage tower was the achievement not the transmog appearance.

1 Like

I play plenty of this game, like M+, raiding, I just spent another 50K on the lunar festival manuscript, running alts, but money does not come from those things. If raiding and M+ gave me gold for doing it, I would be a bazillionaire. But alas I am broke, 264K total across all my alts.

Hiding behind it’s Blizz’s game, and you don’t care what they do.
You’d 100% care if they deleted your character, don’t lie.

Okay, so you’re fine with Blizz putting in achievements that turn gold into achievement points. Should they also add to shop 1 mil gold for 1k achievement points?

Why would i not answer to people replying? That doesn’t make me run laps around the room and get my heart rate up.

So you’re for Blizz putting in achievements that turn gold to achievement points?

You get a title for that, you get 10AP points for this.

I’m against giving gold for achievement points and not getting anything useful out of it.
I’m against Blizzard putting in such achievements.

Why not? Do you consider giving 70k gold for 10AP and nothing else, useless?

Yes, everyone that can’t read has already mentioned it.
And as always, that gave you a title.
I’m not against paying gold and getting something like a title in return.
I’m against paying gold to strictly and directly increase your achievement count.

If it gave a title or a pet or something useful, it would be fine, it doesn’t though.

The MT achievements actually required skill to complete at the time. Getting 70k just takes a varied amount of time.
You’re equaling paying 70k for 10 AP to be on the same level as getting transmogs from the MT, or the mount for the new one? please…

Will never understand goldsink stuff in a game that has gold on the store lol.

Just be real and call it “items you need to buy tokens for unless you either play the auction house or sell runs”

Looking back, there are lots of achievements that are simply bought with gold. Though, with much smaller amounts.

Either way, considering you can get 5k+ gold a week per character if you want, just by doing WQs, 3k gold per week from the vault if you fill three slots (doesn’t matter how big or small) per character, my main that I mostly do the weeklies (not even doing many WQs) and run Raid/M+, still is making enough gold to earn more than I spend on consumables.

There is no gold in the store. All gold is produced when it’s looted or received as a quest reward. The WoW token doesn’t produce any gold, it simply makes the gold change hands.

But because people are constantly looting things and completing quests, WoW is constantly “printing money”, which is bad and causes inflation.

To counterbalance that, Blizzard created several ways to “burn money”, AKA gold sinks. If they burn as much gold as they print, the amount of gold circulating in the economy stays the same and so there’s no inflation.

New gold sinks usually means Blizzard’s data shows they aren’t burning enough gold to counterbalance all the gold printing.

1 Like

Not getting it until it has a title.

“Weirdo, who wasted 70k on this title.”

Along with a nice shirt that says;

“I donated 70k and all I got is this shirt.”

3 Likes

But they still gotta empty out all the gold that got made in WoD!

Naybe if it capped a meta, but personal choice really. Lots of folks will do it though because thats what they enjoy in the game, achievements.

If you’re talking about my crown, I got it from the trading post for 400 tokens by, you guessed it, logging in and playing the game. I didn’t need to buy it. The rest of my mog comes from pvp being at the cut off for my “elite” transmog, which again required me to >play the game<.

The only ironic thing here is you thinking you actually said something clever, but really you just further pointed out the fact that those complaining here simply do not play the game. The gag is you barely even need to, just look at my total achievement points.

Would you also like a donation?

Assuming there’s no reward except points, yeah, I won’t be getting this achievement. Would rather spend my gold on consumables or those new limited time items.

What is with the prevalence of dichotomous thinking on the forums?

I do not care. I could not care less. I am the essence of not caring.

1 Like

I dont even give money to the poor/Homeless in real life why the would I do it in a game…lol

2 Likes

Then why are you against the thread?
If you don’t care which way it is, then you have no business here.

Except posting that pic where you get it, ofc.

I have business being anywhere I please, and that’s my business.

My presence in a thread is in no way an indication that I care about the topic of it.

3 Likes

I asked why you are in the thread.
Clearly to support gold > achievement point type of achievements though.

You can’t even deny that.

Sure, you’re just here because you don’t care either way, so you say that the achievement is fine like it is? Saying you don’t care but choosing one side, means you care to chose a side.

I’m here because you keep pinging me, homie.