PvP Rank Pools Hotfix Coming October 13

Updated October 13, 8:00 a.m. PDT

Following further review, we’ve decided to wait to address this issue. The change announced for this week will not be implemented.

We’ll let you know as soon as we’ve developed a solution to the issue of non-existent characters being counted, that conforms with the great deal of feedback we’ve received.

With a hotfix to WoW Classic that will take effect before the next weekly honor calculations on October 13, any player-characters that are currently deleted will no longer be counted as part of the total pool of PvP participants.

Thank you very much!

62 Likes

Sounds like some pvp bots are getting swatted i guess.

7 Likes

let’s hold hands and say a prayer for everyone attempting R11+ after this fix.

14 Likes

Out of curiosity, did deleted player-characters count as part of the total pool of PvP participants in Vanilla?

5 Likes

Sounds more like sweaty rankers were inflating the brackets by spamming alts.

7 Likes

Lol of all the fixes they could choose to focus on… They go for the one that actually doesn’t help the player base in any way. Classic blizzard move well played.

82 Likes

I didnt think of that but… makes sense.

Duh, and doing so made ranking less toxic for every pvper on the server. Now it’s going to become horrific again lol.

39 Likes

Say hello to premades running longer and harder again

22 Likes

And the real fix to that would be to just scrap the honor system.

10 Likes

I’m genuinely curious to see how others are going to cope handling to get their honor now.It’s time to either break or be breaked.

2 Likes

That doesn’t help because that doesn’t increase the number of people who can be at each rank each week.

1 Like

I like how instead of taking any actions to make the pvp ranking system not a socially irresponsible toxic life ruining system, Blizzard decides to take away the one solution the community had.

Well sort of, pvp bracket inflation can still happen, but it requires people to purchase more accounts and not delete characters, and people will do that.

Bravo Blizzard what an incredible move truly this is the same genius that brought us Corruption and Titanforging at work

62 Likes

Good call. Now that all the hard core sweaty try hards have completed their r14 grinds via using pool parties, and the gear is no longer BiS, we better add a hot fix to make sure the casuals that are now grinding out rank 14 can’t exploit the system the way the try hards did.

58 Likes

why would you EVER fix this?

31 Likes

It only took 10+ months and the vast majority of your playerbase to cease any type of ranking. This is just too funny.

11 Likes

anyone ranking in october should probably re-think their life, anyone’s rank should have been done many many months ago.

6 Likes

no offense blizz, but u dumb for this one.

34 Likes

an incredible decision, wait 9 months for the pvp system to be absolutely battered and bruised by thousands of grand marshals and high warlords and allow them to use the gear all through the most relevant tiers, then randomly nerf it after the damage has long been done when no one is complaining about this at all, this was probably the 1 change to classic you could have made to genuinely make it a worse experience for players as this harmed no one, its like you’ve went to extreme lengths to avoid fixing anything anyone cared to have fixed and went with a non issue…

59 Likes

About 4-5 weeks ago honorspy showed one of our current R13s pulled in 890,000+ for the week. I can’t imagine what the push for R14 is gonna be like after this fix.

9 Likes