62 Threads 4 replies

Community Council is a great demonstration of Blizzard’s approach on communication.

They do none of them.

Psh, you’re no fun. Like a puppy who didn’t win a game of tug-o-war. Oh well, on to find a better troll.

They do the job that Blizzard has asked them to do as outlined in the job posting requirement in my link above.

The problem is that what Blizzard expects of them and what you hope/expect them to do are different.

Yes, there should be more communications on a ton of things but the CMs themselves are not at fault for doing what they are told. Blizzard overall has a communications problem and has for YEARS.

2 Likes

Is he because according to his twitter he just deals with streamers now .

So there’s a requirement that says “Don’t post more than once every 6 months”?

So you’re placing some blame on customers.

1 Like

Your expectations are placed squarely on YOU. That is not blame. Only you can control your expectations. What you want, and what the bosses want, are two different things.

I currently expect a low level of comms because that is what Blizzard does. I can HOPE that it gets better though and keep telling them that like I have for years.

I agree with you that the amount of communications is abysmal and despite the genuine wishes of hte CMs, they don’t improve.

Blizz mgt has a thing about not letting anyone who represents teh company talk without it being checked in triplicate by lawyers and PR.

Most of what is posted is “published” in that it goes through draft, review, edit, and approval stages.

2 Likes

Even when we’re paying more and receiving less. Aight.

2 Likes

Then don’t expect anyone to stick around when we’re left holding the ball.

1 Like

You don’t pay for the forums, I hate to say. They do lock access to some parts to active subs, but that is to keep out spam. What we pay for is access to the game servers. Not even individual characters. We own nothing at all, not even our Bnet accounts.

The cost of the game has remained the same per month for $17 years. At least in the US. Currency changes will impact costs in other regions.

They could shut down the forums tomorrow and we would have no recourse. They are not part of our Sub.

I hope they don’t do that, but some companies have and have moved totally to other platforms.

2 Likes

The game and servers are garbage. So what is that really saying?

2 Likes

Looking at the twitter profiles of some of these “council” members and it’s about what I expected. Make sure to stock up on popcorn because these types always cause drama

3 Likes

Which “types” are those?

Be careful here… calling out bad behavior and holding people accountable is not creating drama. The drama is created by the people who make poor decisions to start with.

I don’t blame the cops who pull me over which creates a traffic slow down (drama). I blame myself for speeding to begin with.

Game will be saved once worgen get tails as an option!

Actually, you can’t post on the forums without an active sub, so technically you DO pay for access to the forums.

and the worst is the SOLD of the company, which will never say something negative about the development that they do for the future of the game.

I think it has been fortunate that I did not choose to enter this sub-forum.

As well as a shame to ask for decisions to make a good design of a tinker class as I want it to be and a worthy rival to the Sage of Endwalker from Final Fantasy XIV.

tl;dr:

• pros mods a discord and has a community channel called ‘reasons you quit WoW’ to collect and give to the council. Valid answers are given and explained clearly except:
  • 1 Guy makes edgy and racist comment as a reason he quit
  • Pros asks why he said that and to explain, guy doesnt explain why, and he gets banned as he’s obs trolling/baiting.
  • twitter mob takes it out of context as if pros is being racist when goes on the typical toxic tirade until the OP gets called out and of course blocks and privates their twitter to protect their own butt.
1 Like

Correct.

But you’re missing some context:

• Parading said discord as exclusive access to the Council itself with the promise of getting your voice heard by the Devs.

It was doomed to fail.

If blizzard actually gave a damn about ‘community council’…they should of made a official discord already. Everybody uses discord and they can totally moderate it like they do with their official WoW discord. Them falling back to the (NA only) forums shows that they don’t want to do the effort of making it, or even moderating things.

Pro got blasted and removed from the group because twitter got mad and tattled and Klaivax had a fire he had to put out. If twitter didn’t say anything, Blizz would of done nothing as they are historically known to not do the work unless they’re absolutely forced to by another party.

They have one. But it’s not open to the public.

Pros made a private discord open to the public. It promised to give access to CC members and get their feedback heard by the devs.

…And it went bad, and Pros got burned.

1 Like