60 ilvl of titanforging? Seriously?

No one will show him that because it would require doing content background checks on everyone with an ilvl of x or higher and it’s just not worth that much effort lol.

1 Like

It also doesn’t exist. Prove me wrong :wink:

I find it super petty this is a reason some people say they’re quitting the game, I bet if they got a titanforge they would use it just like the rest.

So uh, tell me again why the stars occasionally aligning is a bad thing?

I feel like most reasonable people would support this? On top of that remove RNG sockets and tertiaries and give that power back to professions, so they actually have value again. Boom, everyone still has that mix of slot lever dopamine rush and actual agency over their gear progression at the same time. Win-win!

2 Likes

Hi, original poster here. I do plenty of PVP - in fact it’s almost all I do - and that’s why I felt forced by the game to equip this.

Titanforging is trivializing a lot of progression paths, not just Mythic raiding. In my case, it helps to trivialize the otherwise fairly well designed Conquest progression path. And yes, I think it affects Heroic and even Normal raiding, since those are also weekly lockout paths which don’t allow you to spam for chances at titanforging.

I agree with all of this.

As I’ve noted a couple times in the thread, the actual item has +1022 primary stat as the proc. Armory appears to be displaying the base item proc, rather than the titanforged proc.

That’s your opinion man, I love it when I get an ilvl upgrade from content i found trivial. It inspires me to go out and do it again.

I find it more frustrating to spend hours, days, even weeks throwing myself against a raid boss just to get…nothing! When we finally kill it.

Enjoy the piece of gear. It is pointless to say anything otherwise because first most people aren’t doing content where the 1 percent or less of extra damage much less healing even comes to play.

Secondly a piece of gear isn’t going to make you magically amazing even with a huge difference in ilvl or give you a crazy power boost especially if its not a weapon or trinket.

Third it is getting very tiring people railing and riding against mythic raiding and the prestige of it when they don’t even do it in the first place.

Not in war mode or any form of PVP content. When you’re directly fighting other players for your progression, what gear they get affects you just as much as what gear you get. You have to accept any edge, or you gimp your own progression.

Probably this also applies to PVE raiders: if you voluntarily give up something that eventually amounts to 5-10 character ilvl as the warforges and titanforges accumulate, you risk getting benched from the raid team.

Titanforging isn’t solely responsible but it’s a huge contributor to how empty the loot system feels in BFA. At least that’s been my experience.

1 Like

So you must not like it when we go to a new expansion, since it is essentially the same thing. Mythic raid gear replaced by easy quests out in the open world.

My DK is currently going through Mythic and I couldn’t care less. If it happened over and over and you ended up with more iLVL than me, than yes I would be unhappy.

This garbage is why I stopped caring about farming loot outside of a raid. It’s just a ridiculous slot machine.

epeen
It trivializes epeen.

And nothing else.

Eh, I don’t compare myself to other players too much because I don’t always do the same content, but I find TF to be self-trivializing. Because of the RNG, I can be super excited about getting a new piece that is 20 higher than my average item level, only to get the exact same piece replaced by a TF drop.

It feels trivializing when I do hard content to earn the first one, only to have it replaced by shell-game / beach head titanforging.

I worked hard for the first one; in the past that might have been something I’d proudly wear for months on end.

When you get that trivialized, half-afk TF piece, it makes you feel like the effort on the first one was a waste

But epeen, I’m sure some people got that going on too.

2 Likes

Look at the ring in my profile… It is a BLUE from unrated pvp. Titanforged up to ilvl 405. Explain to me what sense this makes.

In time past, you had time consuming and demanding gameplay that lent a feeling of accomplishment to the player, but in place of that, in BFA, you have shallow rewards, yielded by the path of least resistance, now coupled with unrewarding gameplay… This ties heavily into why so many players have quit.

9 Likes

Preach.

/10 characters

I’m not saying you shouldn’t get upgrades from other content, I’m saying you shouldn’t get raid quality gear from world quests. Mythic+ is a good alternative that offers raid quality gear as you go up in levels which is great.

I’m sure it feels good getting raid gear from a 30 second world quest but I don’t believe that’s healthy for the game. Maybe WQs and the like can offer other incentives outside of ridiculous item levels.

Again, I’m not saying you shouldn’t be able to get upgrades from world content, I’m just saying gear inflation and titanforging is so crazy that you can get raid quality items from a 30 second world quest. That’s not balanced nor is it healthy for the raiding scene.

If your only incentive to do world content is “potentially getting a titanforged piece of loot that rivals raid gear” then that’s not healthy.

3 Likes