60 ilvl of titanforging? Seriously?

Considering how your comment was phrased I’m pretty sure I was spot on with what your intention was. You made an accusation, don’t try and clean your hands of it.

Titanforging is a good system and it is working well as far as I can tell. I don’t see it making things irrelevant or breaking other systems.

Sorry you’re required to post on a 120 to have an opinion on game mechanics in the public eye.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Then said player can go to zandalar or kultiras and find this magical thing called the scrapper. Once there, they have to right click on said scrapper, press ‘b’ to open their bag, drag said gear which (the player not enjoying “themselves” getting the inflated gear) and put it into a slot in the scrapper and click on the nice red button. OMG PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED.

Please send 1000 gold to me for my solid advice

1 Like

Considering you didn’t even respond to the entire comment, I’m still pretty sure you didn’t even finish reading it.

It’s part of a larger problem. WoW is over-rewarding when it comes to trivial content. I’m in the group that says “LFR players don’t need Mythic gear” – it’s not because I want show off my e-peen, I simply don’t think you can justify gigantic bonuses for some rewards. On principle, I don’t believe the best gear in the game should be obtainable if you never participate in the toughest content.

There’s a lot of social interactions that come from gear inflation and over-rewarding “bad players.” (I say bad, but I’ll justify it here.)

Where was the last time Item Level meant anything? We see it in the game all over the place, but rarely do we feel Gear = Skill. So, instead of GearScore and Item Levels, players moved to your IO score and AOTC as a metric.

It’s safe to say we see Premade GRoups using insane IO scores for rather easy keystones (1000 IO for a +6 – It’s dumb). You can run your own keys, sure, but not everyone chooses to do that. And when people decide to run their own keys, they want a successful run to push their key higher. Hence, they use other metrics.

Where gear comes in – over-rewarding content means “bad players” will have higher item levels. Setting a minimum item level hurts players trying to gear up and such; systems like WF/TF inflate the average item level for everyone. Newer players won’t be able to get into groups as well, they can’t get into Normal mode raids because the minimum item level is too high, or the simple fact that a 375 player is outmatched by a bad 390 player.

At that point, over-rewarding gear can only be combated by get insanely lucky, or going through the same rewards progress as everyone else (time-gated) – and the item levels will continue to rise. So, gearing up through this timed-gated content doesn’t really help. Replacing a 400 piece with a 405 piece, when you’re at 380 item level…simply put… sucks. This is because the emphasis on the game is endgame content, instead of the journey. So, if you can’t get into endgame content, you really have nothing to do in WoW.

In short – it’s about reining in the extreme swings. Reducing the power of players, and reducing the number of “good rewards” from trivial content. You don’t retain players by making it harder to join content. Reducing gear overall, Titanforging included, makes the game more accessible to more players.

3 Likes

Maybe you can apply at Blizzard to make your own rules count.

Then it whine up a catch 22 ,either way,the system is not working out.I would love to do mythics but with the way it is i doubt even to try it was like pulling teeth to even get Siege of Boralus done.I geared up just so i can enter into them but now i see IO and that pretty much stopped me from even trying.

1 Like

Cool. Great advice, and how is that supposed to help?
Not only would that be deliberately hindering oneself in a game where social requirements continue inflating with ilvl, but it also means that every piece that drops for you has a 1/3 chance of being trashed.

Scrapping a WF/TF item ain’t giving me my deserved standard item is it now?

1 Like

They aren’t that disgusted by it, but they will come to the forum for the drama. It’s all about the D R A M A!

Well that sounds like a personal problem to me.

I agree with this i must say. But i have been in these shoes where my priest is stuck at 380 and couldnt get into grouos cause of low io and low gear score. So i started doing +5s once at 500 now im going to do all +6s then all +7s and god if it isn’t for TF and WF my newer character would never have made it.

You see there are always two sides to a coin. Being a 375 newer player you cant be expected to join high keys just cause you are a “good” player. TF and WF incentivizes me to level a new toon and actually take the proper route to get where i need to go

Okay you got me there. Hmmm would you be happier if they put in an option for you (similar to WM) whether you want wf or tf gear? You could turn it off and you will only get standard gear. Then you can progress the way you want to.

Im all about giving options to players to play how they want

1 Like

That won’t make them happy because they don’t want others to have it. That’s the issue!

Then its a personal problem, most people talk smack about how they feel as though they lost progression feelings, now with my idea they can enjoy their own character progression.

Just dont dictate to me how my character should progress

3 Likes

100% agree with you.

1 Like

Another thinly veiled Tf, wf, lfr is bad yada yada yada thread. Enjoy your upgrade op. Have a good evening:-)

So I take it you don’t care what other people’s game experience is as long as you continue to get free upgrades.
It’s good to know your opinions are based on the health and betterment of the game not some sort of selfish self interest.

i think its out of control personally. a few weeks back the highest ilvl character in my guild was an old part time vet who doesn’t raid, pvp, and very rarely does a mythic plus. he had a higher ilvl than a guild full of heroic raiders.

there needs to be a clear progression or this world just doesnt make sense to me anymore!

3 Likes

I can respect this point of view. I don’t see how extra RNG causes incentivizes you to play this way (it’s just gear in general, and lower item levels overall would allow you to get into content suited for you sooner). But still, respectable.