Seriously Though, some clarity about CC NR craftables

Why are Sandstalker pieces and the Dreamscale chest readily available RIGHT NOW, yet Bramblewood, Ironvine, Sylvan sets and Cloak craft still seemingly not going to be available until Naxxramas (P6)

It would make the most sense to make then readily available for p5, and it still makes no sense why only mail NR is available right now.

Can we get some clarity please?

6 Likes

Some of the gear was intended for AQ, while other items may have been back burner or may have been a form of catch up gear.

Think of our tier gear, they got modified and increased in power several times, many other items saw drastic improvements in performance for the sake of a catch up mechanic.

If those items are not included til Phase 6 Naxramas that’s ok, because it was that way originally. Remember the content in this game is easy yet fun we really can get by with out it =)

5 Likes

Overall, the nature-resist gear that was released in original WoW in patch 1.11 was catch-up gear. It was released along with Naxx to help close the gap for guilds who were still dealing with trying to get certain pieces from Green Dragons and Maraudon because they were stuck on Huhuran.

To be specific, here’s a list of pieces that are not in WoW Classic 1.13.5:

Type Name Source
Plate Ironvine Belt Blacksmithing
Plate Ironvine Gloves Blacksmithing
Plate Ironvine Breastplate Blacksmithing
Leather Bramblewood Belt Leatherworking
Leather Bramblewood Boots Leatherworking
Leather Bramblewood Helm Leatherworking
Head/Leg Ench Savage Guard Quest (Zandalar)
Ring Band of Cenarius Quest: A Humble Offering
Cloth Sylvan Shoulders Tailoring
Cloth Sylvan Crown Tailoring
Back Gaea’s Embrace Tailoring
Cloth Sylvan Vest Tailoring

We’re still considering precisely when to release this gear, given their usefulness and purpose. As with original WoW, that time will come later, after AQ is opened and being raided.

59 Likes

Communication! Huzzah!

21 Likes

but none of that answered why some of them are and the others are not…

because for the most part the people at blizzard have literally no idea what they are doing.

17 Likes

It is because Sandstalker and Dreamscale patterns were added in patch 1.8 which is consistent with Phase 4, and the other patterns were added in patch 1.11 which would be consistent with Phase 6.

20 Likes

Instance limit removal???

7 Likes

Appreciate the info.

3 Likes

Going to be real. This is a ridiculous decision. #sigh. I guess I better go farm up some trash gear on my rogue so I can soak up some additional nature damage in order for Blizzard to artificially preserve the Huhuran block.

Is it really ridiculous to play out the original release model?

21 Likes

Dear Blizzard, a great many of us are enjoying the classic experience however we don’t really expect a complete duplication of the vanilla timeline with the mistakes of not releasing certain things on time. On one hand you tell us you are trying to replicate the vanilla experience but we didn’t get to experience the plague, un-nerfed raids and a great many other things. The vanilla experience came with a lot of mistakes and missteps on the part of the developers. Classic hasn’t had that until now. Please reconsider not making the same mistake this time around and release the gear/recipes needed for the phase at the release of the phase. Thank you.

9 Likes

Speak for yourself, friend. We had a far too easy time with the first two raid tiers, it’s time to buckle up.

13 Likes

You mean like they played out the original model for PVP? Get outta here.

It would also be nice if this was a pinned discussion or its own topic so that more awareness is brought to this terrible decision. Catch up gear. #sigh.

In the original model with far fewer players / raiders per server, the gear choices made sense. Now? There are a boatload more guilds that raid and the number of dragon spawns has remained the same.

I reiterate that this is a ridiculous decision that is clearly intended to artificially block content. But hey, I am sure this will fall on deaf ears just like basically all requests to change AV to make it a more evenly matched BG and maybe lower queue times Horde side have fallen on deaf ears.

3 Likes

BG’s dropped on time. I’m exalted with WSG despite the gear I wish to purchase not being released till Phase 6. That’s when they were implemented in Vanilla and therefore when they will be released during Classic.

You don’t need catch up gear to complete AQ. Best of luck with your progress, if you do indeed hit a wall, you’ll have your handicap soon enough.

1 Like

It isn’t catch up gear though. The release timing in Vanilla makes it seem that way, but it was absolutely necessary for a lot of people to clear that content. And that was with far smaller servers. With larger server populations, that means far fewer raiders have access to the green dragon drops. This is a completely different situation than Vanilla and pretending that these items are “catch up gear” in this population environment is naive.

BGs dropped waaaaaaay later in Vanilla than they did in Classic. They were dropped early in an effort to preserve pvp server balance (an effort that by and large failed).

OK.

The vanilla playerbase was far more casual and ignorant on what constitutes achievable DPS.

Our raids aren’t filled with clickers and keyboard turners decked in sub optimal gear and talents.

If you believe that you need a handicap compared to these older players, you’re going to have to wait for the catch up gear. Honestly, raid progression is thrilling, I suggest you give it a go at the difficulty that was set originally.

Blizzard announced which build of WoW we would launch on. I guess you weren’t listening. We were only ever getting the one version of AV.

Edit: Sorry, I see you weren’t complaining about the version of AV but rather when they were implemented. From what I remember, they weren’t too much earlier, if at all.

There was no implication that they were released to balance faction population, I don’t know why you would assume that.

Depends, they were right on par with worldwide release, which is when most people experienced release.

I get the PvP point of view, but are you really that upset about not having the optimal NR gear lol?

If your guild is any good you will get a few NR pots a chunk of mara gear and roll over Huhu. Get over this. This isnt a big deal at all. Atleast they clarified the intentions.

5 Likes