550 conquest max per week, 5000 to be able to purchase a weapon (5000 req removed, woo!)

He’s not since he’s mocking people complaining about the 10 weeks. By mocking them he’s implying they’re foolish, which implies that they’re wrong. Which they’re not. Nobody’s saying weapons used to be instant. Everyone’s saying they’ve never even once been 10 weeks. or $30. Or however you want to spin this predatory time gate.

It’s normal to complain if how hard you have to work, or how long you have to wait, is extended arbitrarily.

Another way to look at it is that PvP seasons are usually within the realm of 20 weeks. Sometimes entering the realm of 30 for longer seasons.

So PvP players are potentially spending WITH NO WAY AROUND IT Half a season without access to a PVP weapon.

Unless, of course, PvP players play PvE. Once again. PvP players being forced into content they don’t want to participate in.

2 Likes

Given that PvP gear is guaranteed, it’s just a matter of gathering the currency, I don’t see an issue with timegating it

That said…even I can admit 10 weeks is a little ridiculous

1 Like

We won’t, we’ll probably need same achivement come next season and wait another 2.5 months then. Could be April, we’ll see, still after 2.5 months, people who raid and do m+ will have 220-226 weapons.

If it required getting 2000 conquest, which is 4 weeks, 1 month, fine. Even then kinda sucks that people who just pvp have to rely on weekly rng to get weapon upgrade, but beats 2.5 months.

That’s the point, it’s almost as if you have to spend a whole raid tier to get the same gear as the people raiding… While yes, some raiders will get their gear quickly, most wont. Your gear is guaranteed and the raid gear isn’t. I think I spent like 5 months trying to get the Raden trinket on my DH?

You think people won’t get raid or m+ weapons for 2.5 months?

Idk what kind of bad luck you had, but I’ve always gotten highest m+ weapons in few days of grinding m+, sometimes in one of first drops.

I do m+ as main content so this isn’t my problem, but for people who do pvp as main content, this is a terrible call.
That vendor weapon is 200 ilvl before upgrade, so if someone just plays bgs to have fun, they have to wait 10 weeks to just get a 200 ilvl weapon. Not really the best feeling.

PvP isn’t raiding. Gear isn’t why people PvP. It’s how people pvp.

You can raid and slay dragons with fancy trinkets. That’s your carrot on a stick. Not ours. Gear means something different in PvP. Because at the end of the day, We just want to beat the crap out of eachother without something vaguely resembling the notion of balance.

Originally, and traditionally, PvP (Arena) gear existed to reign classes into a somewhat more managable state, so that we weren’t all one-shotting eachother, so that PvP could exist alongside the crazy state of PvE. Because often times spells can hit for 50% or more than a players health.

So we could gear up quickly in PvP specific gear, which blunted damage and allowed for reasonably paced combat. PvP gearing was quick, and intentionally so.

For YEARS players have done this, and are used to doing this for this reason specifically.

now, after turning everything on it’s head, blizzard is slowly putting pieces back on the board, just not where they used to be, in seemingly random order. It’s just chaos. PvP gear doesn’t exist to compete with PvE gear. It exists to facilitate PvP.

3 Likes

Lemme guess you didn’t play when vendors were a thing, because if you did you would know that the cap of conquest wasn’t 550 and there was no achievement requiring 5000 conquest before you were allowed to buy weapons.

Either your baiting or very unintelligent.

My guild will clear heroic week 1. 24 people going (mythic roster+ bench). 24 people will kill boss, 3 will get loot. Last boss drops 4 pieces for my spec. So, the chances I get weapon in the first month are not great. The chances I get two are abysmal.

That said. This is awful. If they wanted to lock weapons week 1at 203 or 207 I’d understand. Cap next week at 220 ilvl weapons. Then un-capped the week after, it would have been fine.

Raiding and mythic+ go hand in hand as pve content though, so you have 2 sources of gear. And you get 3 drops per boss, and there’s what, 8 bosses? Several dropping weapons, if I recall you can get your weapon from 2-3 bosses.

People who play pvp as main content do not.

Yes it would be better if 200 ilvl conquest weapon wasn’t capped, if we could get it early, if they instead capped upgrading those weapons to higher ilvl for higher rating. Getting 200 ilvl pvp gear shouldn’t take 2.5 months.

1 Like

Except m+ drops turbo bad loot now, 15s only drop normal ilvl gear

Uhh… the problem isn’t lazy people, it’s the fact Blizz doesn’t know how to correctly word things in the s1 preview. " For PvP players, the weekly Conquest cap will start at 550 and increase by 550 per week." - That’s it, that’s what people read, and no wonder they thought the cap increases.

1 Like

M+ will drop sub heroic ilvl gear. After the first week it will be largely irrelevant outside of the weekly chest.

10 bosses. 2 drop weapon tokens. The chances of getting a weapon token are very low.

Honestly, at this point, we all will be waiting on the weekly chest to gear. Sad times.

Which is 10 ilvl above conquest gear, unless you upgrade it, which people who casually play pvp might not be able to. Not everyone who does pvp plays arena, some just play bgs. And with how important gear is in shadowlands ,they’ll get stomped by people with their 226 mythic+ weekly items and raid gear.

Imagine being a casual player who just has fun in bgs, with honor gear that’s capped at 183 rating until 7th week of season, then 197 max, and you’re matched with raiders and m+ players with their 210-226 gear, one shotting you.
If you do pvp and manage to get 1500-1600 rating, you can maybe get few pieces, but not weapon until 10th week, and even then, it’s still way under people who do m+ and raiding.

1 Like

Shortsighted. This is 10 weeks of saving up for ONE piece of gear. Raiders might spend 10 weeks getting their weapon too, but in that 10 weeks they’re still getting other gear for the rest of their set. With PvP gear, every piece you buy delays the purchase of that weapon more

Wait, I thought the achievement was “acquire 5k conquest” not that the weapons actually cost 5k.

Achi requires 5k earned, but weapons are like 1800 for 2h, 1000 for 1h I think.
Achi is the biggest problem.
1800/1000 for weps is fair.

The weapon doesn’t cost 5000… You have to earn that much before you can buy it. It’s deliberate time gating to keep pver’s from stacking pvp gear to wreck raids faster and/or be forced into doing so. WoW is a pve game with pvp tacked on as an optional side piece.

Also, the raid tier will likely be at least a handful of months long.

If it’s like Wrath of the Lich King the goal is to fully gear your character in Honor gear then Conquest after.

It’s ironic because the weapons are still priced appropriately and paced well, so that had the achievement not existed this problem wouldn’t exist. The achievement literally only exists to time gate us.

Presumably, to prevent people from getting too strong too quickly in PvE. Because we know they aren’t doing something for the sake of pvp balance. Rogues are still one shotting.

Oh, the topic title made it sound like you actually needed 5k conquest to buy the weapon

That doesn’t sound that awful then. Not great but man it could be worse. I feel like the greater issue is what a huge power spike weapons are over other gear pieces