550 conquest max per week, 5000 to be able to purchase a weapon (5000 req removed, woo!)

So to buy 200 ilvl 2h pvp weapon, we need 5000 conquest (achivement to be able to purchase the weapon at all), and can get only 550 a week. Nice system?

Head is 850 I think, so 2 weeks to buy a helmet.

Edit: Since people can’t read, the 550 increase in limit every week is catchup, if you get 550 conquest first week, you can only get 550 next week, and 550 following. If you got no conquest first 2 weeks, you can get 1650 conquest 3rd week.

Edit2: Achi requiring 5000 conquest to purchase weapons removed, according to blizz tweet, so problem fixed.

12 Likes

And you have to get 5000 conquest before it allows you to buy a weapon.

2 Likes

Well this just crushed all my hopes of going hard into pvp for Shadowlands, guess 1800 rating for mog and quit.

Way to ruin a good thing.

6 Likes

Doesn’t the cap increase each week or did I read it wrong?

1 Like

It increases, but you can still get only 550 a week, increase is so you can earn for previous weeks if you missed.

" * If you earn 550 Conquest during week 1, you will then be able to earn 550 Conquest during week 2.

• If you earn no Conquest during week 1, you will then be able to earn 1100 Conquest during week 2.

• If you earn 400 Conquest during week 1, you will then be able to earn 700 Conquest during week 2."

3 Likes

This was always the case when pvp vendors were up. Literally nothing has changed.

4 Likes

Really? It took 10 weeks to get a weapon? 200 ilvl weapon? The mythic6 ilvl weapon? Normal raid?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the cloak is unique for the 4 sets so some may want to push beyond that vs what bfa had.

Your conquest cap increases the higher your rating…

1 Like

True, but we can’t get any gear from pvp clearly. It no longer drops at end of matches at low chance, we can only get 1 item every 2 weeks, or weapon in 10 weeks.

Means once again we do pve to get gear.

No it doesn’t, find a source for that.

2 Likes

Back in the day it did take a few weeks to get the weapons. But I do agree that the ilvl is too low for that long of a wait.

1 Like

Does reaching the breakpoints unlock the mog or is it like old days? Interested in doing pvp after starting in s4. Sets look so cool.

If it did then we wouldn’t have as much of an issue with the system.

I think having a lockout on the weapon in form of high cost is already enough. No need to also lock it out with an achievement that takes 10 weeks minimum to complete.

Yeah but those weapons were highest ilvl around.

1800 for all but cloak, 2100 for cloak and illusion, 2400 for tabard and mount (2400 is only 3v3)

So like bfa then. I was worried that I would have to buy all the pieces (unlocked at those level) to get the mog.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23572634/shadowlands-season-1-preview

" For PvP players, the weekly Conquest cap will start at 550 and increase by 550 per week."

It’s actually even easier than I thought… you don’t even have to have rating to get a bigger conquest cap lol

2 Likes

It will not increase in what u get, just in limit. Did you read the whole thing?

• If you earn 550 Conquest during week 1, you will then be able to earn 550 Conquest during week 2.

• If you earn no Conquest during week 1, you will then be able to earn 1100 Conquest during week 2.

• If you earn 400 Conquest during week 1, you will then be able to earn 700 Conquest during week 2.

Increase is just a catchup for those who miss previous weeks.
If you play consistently, you still have only 550 conq per week limit.

2 Likes

You misunderstand. That’s a catchup mechanic for alts/late players.
It allows you to earn Conquest you missed out on in prior weeks. It doesn’t increase the amount you can earn in a week.

So then play the game and get conquest? Or are you just complaining to complain?

This system looks additive. 550 week one, 1100 week two, 1650 week 3, 2200 week 4 and so on. Theoretically, you have wep by week 4?