500 error on profiles

When attempting to check armory profiles, all characters are giving a 500 error on the profile page. Cleared cookies and cache and also tried multiple browsers with no luck.

18 Likes

Yes, please fix the profiles already. It’s basically a roll of the dice at any particular moment whether you are going to get the profile or an error 500, and it’s been like that at least since the start of Dragonflight. It’s ridiculous that this still hasn’t been fixed.

10 Likes

Been like this all of Shadowlands for me as well. Multiple browsers, cache / cookies cleared etc. Annoying.

4 Likes

I think at this point they are well aware of the issue as it has been going on for a while. It’ll hopefully get fixed soon as profiles serve a variety of purposes and need to be visible. I want to also say I appreciate the work of the Blizzard staff that will help bring a lasting resolution to the issue. It’s the people that make a difference like that who have a positive and noteworthy impact on the end-user experience.

I came to report this too. About half the time I check its down and I get ‘error 500’. I think they have a database problem, I really hope they get this fixed soon.

2 Likes

Very much reminds me of how /who stopped working some time in Legion, as well as shift clicking and was never fixed. Now the armory just almost never works. Also, there’s no armory for classic despite it having it since BC at least.

2 Likes

Something’s Not Quite Right…that’s all I ever see, day after day. It’s time to fix the problem.

5 Likes

This has been happening to me for the best part of a year. It’s completely random whether you get the 500 error or your character profile, and I’ve tried on multiple laptops and my phone. All the same.

6 Likes

Its random and sadly we cannot just refresh the page because its also down for some random amount of time!

yes, this has been happening constantly since the beginning of dragonflight pre-patch release.

i would like to see a fix

2 Likes

Something’s Not Quite Right

2 Likes

The armory API seems to still work with external sites, but I can’t actually view anyone’s profile in a browser.

Same for me, it’s a 50/50 chance to work.

2 Likes

I noticed some interesting behavior around this bug.
When i searched for a character on worldofwarcraft.com and clicked the armory link it 500’d…
when i searched for character on raider io then clicked their link to armory, they were using a capitalized first letter in the URL…
the armory URL worked with capitalized first letter.
on refresh it was reproducible.

the weird thing was that some minutes later, the original link from wow’s armory search (all lowercase) started working.

2 Likes

Wow that worked exactly.

I wasn’t having this issue earlier on in DF but I haven’t been able to look at Armory pages through profiles (including my own) in a week or two.

But if I just swap that first letter to a capital it works like a charm.

Is this website held together with wood glue and scotch tape?

Edit:

Spoke too soon, back to Error 500’s.

1 Like

What’s the point of even having an armory that’s broke most of the time, this stuff was happening back when I still played BFA, hilarious that’s its going on 3 years later.

I have been asking people about this for awhile. Some people don’t have a problem and some do. It’s very weird. Like someone said in the replies, if you click an armory link from another website (raiderIO) it seems to work fine most of the time. I really hope it gets fixed soon because I check the armory A LOT. Yeah I have a problem…

Just never going to fix this?

This is a bad look. I hope we get some news from the devs on this. Wow is not exactly an Indy game.
This happened to Aion (NCWEST) and they cheapened out and just removed the online functionality rather than pay someone to fix the website. I hope Blizzard does not take this route.

I’ve been having the same problem since Dragonflight launched, and it’s still happening as of 15 January 2023. I use the Collections tab of character profiles to verify that someone contacting me isn’t an alt of an individual who’s been stalking my friends, and it’s a 50/50 on whether or not I can do that now. Since the ignore function doesn’t block the entire BNET account, it’s become really difficult to stay away from this person.