500 : Internal Server Error

So I haven’t played WoW in a long time. Seen the sale for Shadowlands and was trying to jump back into the game. Once I pick the account I want to purchase it for the next screen pops up with this error.

I’ve tried different browsers, turning off my firewall ect ect but nothing seems to work. I would like to get back into the game but atm it would seem they don’t want my money >.<

1 Like

That can be caused by any number of things, but we have some basic troubleshooting steps here:

https://support.blizzard.com/article/000208864

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue, i just got an email saying that my monthly subscription didnt go through. I logged into my account on my phone to see what was going on and I tried to set my subscription back up and when I try to choose a payment method I get the “Internal Server Error 500” error. I tried doing it through my desktop app and Chrome browser and get the same errors and have already tried deleting cache, at this point my account can remain unsubscribed I guess. I haven’t played the game in weeks anyways.

We’re starting to see more reports so it may not be an isolated issue. We’re looking into.

Edit:

We just put up breaking news and send out a tweet:

Players may encounter problems while attempting to make purchases in On-Line or In-Game Shops. We are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible and apologize for the inconvenience.

We’ll try to provide an update as soon as we have more information.

3 Likes

And, it looks like they rolled back whatever was causing the issue so things should be returning to normal.

3 Likes

Seems to be working for me now. Thanks for the speedy fix!

2 Likes

Hi The issue is happening again. please help.

I’m using a new computer so i would assume the ad blocks and clearing caches is not applicable on this, But I tried it multiple times and still getting the error :frowning:

Please be mindful of the date of the thread. Anything past a couple of weeks is considered a necro, and you should probably make your own thread.

That said, you may want to post your new thread in Tech Support. You’ll probably have far better luck over there. All the best.

3 Likes

Internal Server Error 500 is a generic code used by all web servers indicating the server was unable to fulfill a request from a client.

It is not symptomatic of any one type of condition but of anything the server can’t do which has no other specific error code.

4 Likes

This seems to be an almost lost cause… your wow armory used to be so smooth, so slick and so quick and now it’s like 90% of the time I get error 500 on guildmates or people I want to look up. Other times it’s smooth and everything goes smoothly. I did exactly what was needed to clear the cache, log in and out and finally got to pick my character to post but your Armory is a hot mess.

I shouldn’t have to go to 3rd party websites like raider io just to see guildmates or people I need to look up. It was never this bad… and we’re well into this expansion… there should be no excuse for this.

Please be mindful of the dates this is a yr old despite what the necrolords would say necromancy is never a good thing better to start a new thread then necro a yr old.

Unfortunately the armory can be very buggy at times and i think raider IO pulls from the armory so thats not that reliable either.

5 Likes

There is a bug report thread already on this issue. I created the thread and it is best to keep it to the proper forum as well.

6 Likes