5 Seconds is Way Too Slow (Change Flying Style)

LOL bro doing something unpopular doesn’t mean they did it for no reason. It just means it’s unpopular with the players.

Blizz wanted Covenants to be a hard choice on par with picking a Class but that didn’t go over with the players so they changed things. They had a concept and it failed. It was still a design choice.

That’s how game design works.

The point is, though, sometimes their “design choices” are just simply terrible.

Like this one.

am i the only one who doesn’t feel the need to switch back and forth constantly?

1 Like

Some people would just like to use every tool at their disposal and don’t like needless waits.

I mean, wanting to use the tools shouldn’t be punished or hindered when it doesn’t affect game balance.

1 Like

evidently somebody thought it did.

LOL nice of you to move the goal posts.

Just stop.

They ALWAYS have a reason but sometimes their design doesn’t hit with the community. That’s how art is bro be it games, movies, books, etc.

Not all “game design decisions” are based off of game balance.

Some of them are “because we said so” and for no other reason. They’ve done this quite a few times in the past.

Wow, you really wanna bend over backwards to defend Blizz here, lol. You’re going the extra mile.

Just how much crap do you have smeared all over your nose by now?

sure, but this one could well be. there’s an economic impact when people can zoom between farming areas faster by sky riding, then swap to sky swimming to gather, then back to move to the next area. they may have determined a 5 second cast time to make that swap is adequate to offset the impact.

I don’t know how they managed to create a worse experience than simply swapping from one mount to the other… but here we are.

1 Like

I guess you weren’t around the first time they tried that

I don’t know how we have people defending this.

1 Like

I mean, I have switched all of one time so far because I wanted to go hover while I stepped away from my pc, but I do still think the cast time should be reduced to 1.5 to match the time to change we had during Dragonflight.

1 Like

It’s basic forum-goer psychology: most people that show up are here to fight. They’re happy to adopt a contrarian position for basically anything.

I was here for WoD and everyone started to Unsub because No flying. Been around since LK.

Then it’s really weird that you think they would want to hurts their subs again to please a minority of players

See, Blizz has this history of doing unpopular crap and then digging their heels in until the backlash just gets so bad they can’t ignore it.

They’ve done it plenty of times before, and it amazes me how people have forgotten those times.

2 Likes

Thank you. Sometimes I have trouble expressing myself. This is exactly my sentiment.

Before the change, if I wanted to get somewhere fast or just glide/soar around, I used dragonflight or skyriding (whatever we are calling it this week). If I needed to land on a precise spot or I was gathering herbs/ore or farming the Tuskar tackleboxes, etc., I used a regular flying mount (stable flight). It worked beautifully. Not so much now.

I did the same in Remix, only for quest objectives and the like. Dragonriding to zip halfway across a zone, swap to an old mount to do quests.

Worked like a charm, didn’t break the game, wasn’t an exploit, didn’t cause the game balance to be upset whatsoever.

2 Likes

Think how amazing it is you can fly at all.