5 Seconds is Way Too Slow (Change Flying Style)

It’s not 5 seconds to stay the same. It’s 5 seconds to CHANGE your flying. Or in your case, your transmission.

Let people mark individual mounts for skyride or dragonride.

I liked having the ability to switch between the two purely by choosing a specific mount to ride and simply had both dragonriding and skyriding on my bars.

2 Likes

Oh, so you’re one of those anti-fly people.

/eyeroll

No, the change is not “good” for the game. Every single time, I mean EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. they blocked flying, it was always to the detriment of player fun.

Every time.

They only wanted to keep players on the ground, because they wanted to put as much annoying tedium in front of us as they possibly could, hence all of the stupid walls, cliffs, etc they wanted you to walk around while running through ridiculous numbers of aggressive enemies that knock you off your riding mount, oh, but you can dump 50g and buy a saddle to get rid of the stupid mechanic that should never have existed in the first place, and doesn’t if you’re a tank.

1 Like

The point here is to remove the unnecessary 5 second time lock that was not a thing for 2 years.

the point is to stop putting time sinks into player’s experience…

But what’s your point?

1 Like

The cast time for summoning a mount is 1.5 seconds. The toggle between flight styles should not be more than that in my opinion.

It now takes three times longer than it did to just switch mounts previously. While I’ll mostly stick to static flight. I can understand the dislike of a 5 second cast.

3 Likes

People that are against resolving this, when it wouldn’t affect them whatsoever, are actually NPCs.
No use arguing with them.

Player 1: I could do this before (use a DR mount and a normal flying one without a 5 sec toggle between them) >>> it’s changed, i want it back.
Player 2: Nuh uh… it doesn’t affect me but i just want to be a contrarian NPC.

3 Likes

You only had less than 10 mounts that could dragonfly, with every other being either stuck to the ground or TBC fly once pathfinder came out. Your comment about those 2 years is irrelevant. 5 seconds is probably too long though.

2 Likes

if it’s “probably” too long, then why you actively being the devil’s advocate?

We’re both paying clients… 5 seconds is an unecessary time sink

Don’t you agree on that?

1 Like

I would have been fine with just having ONE dragonriding mount and the rest static if it meant avoiding this stupid 5s cast.

5 Likes

Multiply that 10 seconds by ten thousand times…

1 Like

You’re playing a video game that wasting your time is its primary objective. Just saying.

Just don’t switch.

2 Likes

This has a very easy solution.
We currently have the: Toggle ALL for Skyriding/Stable flight.
Add another button below it: Toggle Skyriding/Stable Flight ONLY for current mount.

Now you just being dense for the sake of it… aight man, cool

Time spent in a GAME should be fun.

2 Likes

For most people, making the most of their limited play time is the highest priority, and making anything take longer than it did yesterday is a slap in the face.

3 Likes

Bingo!

Fun, not a contrived trap

Yesterday you didn’t have 500 mounts with dragonfly.

Even easier:

“Summon Random Stable Mount”
“Summon Random Skyriding Mount”

Allow us to keybind both.

They would summon mounts, following any favorite rules you have set.

EDIT: This would let me get rid of LiteMount, as the only reason I use LiteMount is so I can keybind the random mount feature, lol.

Pretty sad, after years and years and years, they still haven’t given us a “Random Mount” keybind.

We’ve had both flight forms in DF since the end of November. So around 7 months now.

1 Like

Thank you, exactly!

It’s a very easy to understand point here… simple and straight

1 Like