5 Seconds is Way Too Slow (Change Flying Style)

How long does it take to change from a jet plane to a helicopter? :thinking:

1 Like

[Citation Needed]

Who are these “most folks” and where’s the poll you did to get this data?

And I’ve never, ever heard of anybody not even Blizz, saying that Stable Flight is “broken”, lol.

2 Likes

Folks who play the game.
But you are right, I don’t have data. I just have eyes.

You clearly haven’t read much if anything about game design for the past 15-ish years in that case.

1 Like

All those 5 seconds add up to hours and hours of people in game.

subjective…

Picture this, instead… You having actual data on what everyone is preferring to use.

So far, i’ve heard mostly people complaining about the new toggle. Myself included.

Both flights are valuable.

And Blizzard built 20 years off the old flight system… So lets not act like it’s deprecated or something.

the Time Lock is contrived, and for nefarious purposes… hahaha
godamnit !

That is a very strong counter argument.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1. It is 5-10 seconds.
  2. I was going 705% flight speed in Gadgetzan last night, so either the tool tip was really wrong or the nerf isn’t terrible.
  3. They tried to remove flying completely …TWICE. Be happy we defeated that dose of stupidity.
1 Like

Here’s another analogy: Let’s say you have a pistol on your left hip, and a machete on your right hip.

You make a choice which one to grab and use.

Imagine standing there, fiddling with your hands for 5 seconds before you can act on said choice.

Did you do a poll of “folks who play the game”?

Where is it? Got a link? No? Then you don’t know how many players are on either camp.

Apparently your eyes didn’t see the “multiple threads” or “people complaining in Trade” then.

I’ve heard people whining that flying “takes away from being able to experience the content” …

But you know what does that even worse?

Skyriding. Because you zip by so fast you don’t even see the landscape.

2 Likes

What in the world does that have to do with flying? My analogy still stands.

1 Like

It has to do with making a choice between which of two tools to use.

And your analogy doesn’t stand, because you summon your mount in 2 seconds.

So, to swap from one mount to the other, should take exactly 2 seconds like it always did.

Rather than swapping one mount for another, you are swapping how you decide to fly said mount.

1 Like

Tell you what. I just want the option to Use the Whistle to get back to flightpath.

Dragons, and flying speeds I’ll trade you straight up for a Whistle.

Thanks.

I agree that it’s stupid it takes 5 seconds to switch, but I’m surprised that people are switching back & forth so much that it’s really an issue. I needed to press that button once to select the flying style I want and I don’t plan on ever pressing it again.

2 Likes

You can just stay in legacy if you’re gonna switch that often you know.

Orrr… we could just do what we have been allowed to do for 2 years… which is switch effortlessly depending your current need.

3 Likes

Probably because they wanted to allow players to use their old mounts in DF but weren’t ready to swap them all the Sky Riding?

Who knows?

1 Like

I have actually never summoned a jet plane, nor a helicopter. That is what they are trying to emulate.

1 Like

Then you wouldn’t have nearly all mounts able to use skyriding. And plenty people are right back here complaining they have 500+ mounts that they can’t fly with.

yes we would have…

Blizzard just decided to not do it that way… and that’s the whole point of this forum

The contrived “Time Lock”

I’d prefer that to this to be honest.

A better analogy: You get in the seat of a tractor with a hydrostatic transmission.

It has Forward, Reverse, HI and LO.

You choose if you want High Range, or Low Range. High Range gives you speed, Low Range gives you torque for pulling.

I can guarantee it doesn’t take five seconds for you to make your choice.

1 Like

Blizzard has spent every single expansion since TBC’s release, with the one exception being Cataclysm, to limit or otherwise reduce people’s reliance on flying. Previously flying as it existed served as a way to circumvent objectives, hinders, and to otherwise afk and not interact with other players.

That’s why Blizzard have again, and again, and again tried to limit how, when, and where people can use flying.

Overall continent design changed to make everything effectively circular, zones like Wintergrasp, guards that are able to attack air targets, a plethora of in-door questing, zones that are just straight up locked from flying like Isle of Thunder, or the intent to make WoD a ground-based expansion, Legion focused on a lot of unavoidable objectives that required buffs but also introduced world quests, and so on and so on.

The game has always done better before flying was available and that goes for every single expansion (Cataclysm being the one exception due to the return to our two absolutely massive rectangular world continents).

Also, I’m gonna let you in on a secret…

Most of your complaints are all subjective. “I want access to convenience that makes me not interact with the game as much as I otherwise would.”

A subjective want is entirely subjective.

See above.

See above (the weird “let’s not act like it’s deprecated”).

Yes, ya’ll who keep making these threads and then refusing to even remotely understand why or how these changes are good for the game. All just because of “but mah toy.”

2 Likes