41% player base loss, are you one?

Say what you want, but I do not believe for a second that anything they collected reflects an understanding of the complexities of how this game makes money or how players play it across the world.

No chance anyone who isn’t heavily involved in the game would be able to accurately collect that data.
They would need a subscription to three separate regions to even do so, polluting their own data!

Sorry to hear that, but what does that have to do with this?

So by “there is no content” you quite literally mean “there are no gear upgrades”.

So, for you, “content” just = gear.

I’ve seen green posters that are still green posters take dumps on blizzard and make videos about what they are doing is wrong

The man might be under the green text thumb but his thoughts and feelings on the games direction would still remain his own, even if I disagree with them

I’m just here for the cookies. Someone said there would be cookies :cookie: :cookie:

/Six month subber

No, I have no vested interest lol…
I am just not out here constantly doomsaying, and pretending like some third party company that was created before the internet understands the wow playerbase and its value.

I do NOT trust Blizzard to produce this data though, because I know they wont and they would put a PR spin on it if they did.
We will never know the truth, and that’s fine with me at this point.
I don’t really care about how much money this game makes, honestly.

All I care about is what my experiences are within the game, and I have seen no signs of a slowed player base in the content I am doing.
If anything, its far far more active than late BFA.

But its way too small of a sample size to be relevant.

1 Like

The fact that they struggle because they share playerbase between their games. Seriously… a multi billion company.

Personally I find your posts are very skewed or bias towards blizzard. whether it is your true belief or not, it might not be bad to keep things to a open mind. Yes people never give good feedback.

5 Likes

if they won’t change their mind on adding more customization to allied races (im nightborne main) so it will be a goodbye for me, its just a feeling of being left behind with like 3 color skin while some races got 30 new hairstyles, being active on giving feedback then all of it been ignored in Q&A not even mentioning the issue with nightborne lacking so much and weak racials
i basically done everything in the game and i enjoyed so far, pvp as arms warrior is fun but i do kinda burned out and after the Q&A i had less motivation to log on

if only blizzard will take our feedback… :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m one. For me it was I followed a guide that said frost mage was going to be the bomb in sl. I didn’t realise the devs heavily nerfed them over the few weeks heading into the xpac. So I leveled my mage and I chose venthyr covenant. I put a few thousand anima into the ember court and did a long questline unlocking some food options for the party. Then the logs started coming in and frost was dead last. I just stood there. I couldn’t press the change covenant button. I tried to carry on but having extreme confidence issues, hating conflict and being female I just was too scared to apply for m+ because fire is so meta. I just unsubbed after a while. Perhaps if they pull the rip cord I’d come back. I don’t know, the anima grind for the sanctum and cosmetics was also very overwhelming. My druid had one option for set of armour that cost 200k anima. I just felt demotivated as the world quests only gave 120 anima at most.

That’s my sad story. Please also understand that I have other games I like to play and wow just wasn’t worth the hassle in the end for me. I don’t think players should suffer permanent loses for arbitary decisions.

Oh also my mage blinked through the ground in the maw and I lost 2k stygia because I couldn’t get back to my corpse. That was annoying. Also one a druid ran past me and my ice lance cleaved into their mobs (while I was on my way back to my corpse) and I died and lost 3k stygia. That annoyed me too.

At the moment I am playing classic until my sub runs out. I have actually uninstalled wow retail.

5 Likes

I unsubbed my my sub won’t run out till May. I haven’t logged into the game in weeks, save for looking for a couple quick things, twice. then I logged right back out.

I literally have nothing enjoyable to do in the game. That is simply my perspective, I don’t mean that everyone else has to agree with me. If you are enjoying it, then I am truly happy for you, as that means WoW is not dead, and I don’t want it to die.

I measure all other games I play by the WoW standard I’m literally that player that “well in Warcraft we do this” …

Having said that I’m completely bored out of my mind when I’m in game. I stand there and look around at the beautiful scenery and just sigh. Feel like there was so much potential in this game. Was excited for Torghast, was excited for the Maw, the lore, the adventure and it’s all one big blah.

They announced flying coming with patch 9.1 and ya’ll I’m a flyer… when WoD hit that “no flying” mark, I was one of those that yelled loudly back at how awfully wrong it was to get rid of it, and celebrated that they were willing to listen and compromise and give us something … I thought pathfinder initially was a positive move. Flight for all characters when you finish with one? oh heck ya!

Even with flight coming with the next patch I have no push to try and log in to go through the usual hoops to get it. SL is that uninteresting to me at this point.

Now (and I know this is a super super unpopular opinion) they have gone and made my favorite character a killer and lichking 2.0 because I don’t know they’ve run out of ideas, I’m just done. I’m done. I can’t with them anymore and I’m not sure what that means for my future with WoW and honestly it makes me sad.

They are like a bad addiction now and I’m looking elsewhere to find my fix.

3 Likes

Nope!! I’m still enjoying the game and will continue to do so! I also just play one character. I’m still not bored and I have a ton of stuff that I still want to accomplish!

2 Likes

Minus raisins. They be gross

So the next time you go out to eat and they mess up your order no complaining you whiner. Just take the mess up and sit there and enjoy it.

2 Likes

No I’ll just ditch the food and leave.

A lot of my posts are me just reminding people of the facts of some situations, so I can see the misunderstanding.

Its a juxtaposition to most posts around here, who just latch on to whatever the hot topic is and over react.

In terms of “keeping an open mind” I try my hardest to embody this, but this is not a topic where anyone needs to have an open mind.
There is no reason to be concerned with it, even if 41 exact percent of the playerbase did quit, unless it is personally impacting the game for you.

It comes from Superdata which is a Nielsen company . The same company that is known for rating tv shows.

1 Like

The OP replied directly, thanks!

This speaks to me–on so many levels. Was a Frost Mage. I was expecting the same thing. I’m playing through and started noticing around M0-M3 that my DPS was falling behind everyone else’s easily. Then I found out Blizz nerfed the Frost mage by 9% and an additional 12% on cleave spells.

Broken. Utterly dismayed felt like I made the wrong choice and I don’t feel like rerolling after I spent the better part of a month of gameplay getting back into the grove of a Frost Mage. It was one of the biggest things that led me to unsub ultimately.

3 Likes

“Words don’t have specific meanings. I wasn’t insulting people when I said they were whining! Everything just means whatever and are definitely not ever demeaning or insulting!”