40 weeks up fully upgrade a Legendary Cloak

Kinda hard to tell the guy at the top to leave the building, perhaps once the investors take notice then all this silliness can stop, but I wouldn’t count on it.

1 Like

This is to keep us subscribed, guess they’ll figured it out when we don’t! lol

Blizz made a comment saying that this is experimental. But that our feedback for this situation / new gearing process will shape how gearing works in Shadowlands, which is one of the aspects they’re not sure on yet.

The investors can’t tell, because none of the metrics for success they are being fed include raw numbers that could be extrapolated into sub count.

2 Likes

After playing a Korean MMOrpg nope not at all.

Some people have a high tolerance for such things. You are clearly their target demographic.

1 Like

Only thing that interests me is the backpack transmog. The Legendary Cloak that will be useless by Shadowlands or shortly into it is not worth my time unless I’m bored and have nothing else to do.

I’ll level it only high enough so that I can farm for the mog. If the Horrific Visions turn out to have some kind of Mage Tower mogs that will disappear with 9.0 then I’ll level it and farm.

To each their own.

2 Likes

When has that worked? Mountains of feedback in the beta forums for the past few expansions and incredibly broken things went live. I think they just shake the magic 8-ball at this point and throw whatever crap against the wall to see what sticks. No rhyme or reason to it.

Example: You don’t like the RNG of Titanforging. Ok we hear you.
Answer: Here have some RNG corruption instead, so now your gear can not only be more powerful on an RNG roll, it can also set you on fire…

They have to be trolling at this point, if it was just them being clueless a good decision would creep in from time to time.

16 Likes

To be fair the metric that they care about is not sub numbers, it’s profitability. It’s short sighted IMO as they risk milking the cow until it dies without innovation and satisfying game play, but investors are not tied to WoW the way we are. They will take their profits and invest elsewhere as soon as WoW turns into a husk.

6 Likes

No im just reaslistic MMOrpgs are mainly based on grinds.

It used to be that you didn’t mind the grind, because it was fun. Many people would say they sucked the fun out of it, that it’s no longer engaging and rewarding. So I reiterate, you have a high tolerance for unengaging, unrewarding content that is not fun. You’re their kind of subscriber.

7 Likes

It’s kind of impressive how badly interpreted this is.

• Getting the cloak to rank 15, which will take less than 15 weeks, will give you +50 corruption.
  • At this point, doing 1 of 4 things will grant a Malefic Core, which gives you +3 resistance. Either kill N’Zoth in Normal/Heroic/Mythic, or full clear a Horrific Vision. Not 3 HVs in a week, 1 full clear. Or kill N’Zoth for that week in N/H/M.
  • 25 weeks of the above, gaining 1x Malefic Core worth +3 resistance, will end up giving you a total 125 corruption resistance.

So yes, we’re still looking at probably about 30 weeks to fully upgrade it, but it’s not 125/3 = 42 weeks. The cloak doesn’t work that linearly.

3 Likes

Wrong i find it fun but to each there own but you can’t tell me what i find fun or not fun only i can tell that for myself nobody else.Stop speaking for me.

But you are telling me what I should consider to be fun.

So you’re still be working that raid for progression 25 weeks into the patch?

2 Likes

This was already commented on by a Blue and stated to not really be correct.

2 Likes

I never said that your making stuff up now i simple said MMOrpgs are mainly based on grinds thats it your reaching here. In fact i find WoW so called grinds a massive joke compared what i use to play. This is what i said"No im just reaslistic MMOrpgs are mainly based on grinds." no where did i say you should be haveing fun doing it thats subjective.

2 Likes

Sounds like blizzard does not know what to do and still wants to have all of our play time.

Lack of creativity + greed = HOA / leggo cloak.

6 Likes

I think the assumption that people shouldn’t expect to be having fun is responsible for a lot of the loss in subscribers.

People buy this game for its entertainment value. When they no longer find it entertaining, they stop paying.

2 Likes

Once you hit Rank 15, then you can do Horrific Visions with a Mask and/or kill N’zoth to upgrade the Corruption Resistance on your cloak further.

I would have thought this would be important to people.

It is fun to watch this train wreck I can’t lie.

40 weeks.

10 months.

I went from a single cell zygote to being born in less time than that lol.

8 Likes