[News] Visions of N’Zoth Content Update Notes

I believe that is how it has worked with past races. At least I can say that for Legion I was exalted with all races and am only able to roll Lightforged & Void elves.

Wasn’t my experience. I had all four reps, and when I hopped on my Nelf DK, I was able to recruit the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves

Question on Mechagnomes: If I understand things correctly, part of the unlocking is running the entire story line, which ends with a mythic dungeon. Sorry to be a casual here, but I have tried this with friends that run Mythic+ for a living and finding even they say it is tough. Now this is being split into two parts as well. I do not know what these ‘adjustments’ will mean, but will something be done to lower Operation Mechagon to a Heroic Dungeon? I’m sure the Horde would also appreciate a reduction in any Mythic content they need to run for the foxes. :slight_smile:

Developers’ note: The Warglaives of Azzinoth dropped from Illidan in Black Temple are the one exception, as a custom method for Demon Hunters in particular to obtain this transmog appearance already exists through Black Temple Timewalking, and we do not want to diminish the value of that unique reward.

I cannot express how disappointed I am with this. I’ve been looking forwards to rocking warglaives on my rogue since legendary mogs were announced, and to get this last minute “haha psych” just feels real bad. DHs were the only class in the game to be able to have a legendary weapon transmog for a year, is that not value enough? Or heck, make it so anyone with them has to do BT timewalking to preserve the uniqueness, but keeping them DH-only really stings.

25 Likes

The Horde never has liked me . . . . :frowning: .Maybe I need to dust off a legacy boost I have laying around and get me a higher level horde to do it, only have one and she is in her 90’s.

Just reiterating what was said by someone else, but at rank 15, the legendary cloak will have 50 Corruption Resistance at which point you’ll be able to earn a Malefic Core each week which will further increase the resistance by 3 each time. You will have the ability to get the legendary cloak to rank 15 faster than in 15 weeks.

2 Likes

Heart of Azeroth no longer has a maximum level.

• Levels beyond 80 will grant the Heart of Azeroth increased item level and slight stat increases.

So blizz is adding another infinite AP grind after saying they were getting rid of it? Actiblizz strikes again!

11 Likes

Really disappointed about the inability to transmog warglaives. As someone that was likely going to just fart around until Shadowlands, this may be the pettiest reason I unsub.

12 Likes

considering I earned that “unique reward” ON my rogue, I agree. I spent weeks changing my gear to go outlaw and figuring out how to match my assass dps, JUST to transmog this…Maybe they shoulda let Wowhead know “hey guys, the warglaives are still just for the demon hunters”…almost mad enough to delete my demon hunter out of spite

9 Likes

" Developers’ note: The Warglaives of Azzinoth dropped from Illidan in Black Temple are the one exception, as a custom method for Demon Hunters in particular to obtain this transmog appearance already exists through Black Temple Timewalking, and we do not want to diminish the value of that unique reward.

Wow, I’ve been trying to get those swords for quite some time now but took a break until I heard the news about finally being able to transmog these. I finally got lucky and finished it recently and was really happy of having a cool extra transmog for my monk, rogue, warrior, and DK in additional to my two DHs.

Really? You’d try to sneak this change in last minute instead of making it clear up front from the start and saving some people some headache, heartbreak, and time.

I almost want to stop playing my DHs out of spite now and they can use the transmog I finally unlocked.

Ugh…

8 Likes

The warglaive change is one of the dumbest things ever. I barely have enough time to play anymore but i was subscribed looking forward to my rogue & monk being able to use it. Might just cancel until Shadowlands.

Thank you for always being extremely shady

4 Likes

I do not know what these ‘adjustments’ will mean, but will something be done to lower Operation Mechagon to a Heroic Dungeon?

Yes, it will be at Heroic level when Operation Mechagon goes live with the two parts.

The week the patch drops it’s the BFA Dungeon Event, will the reward be an EP or Ny’alotha piece of gear?

So yes, after reaching rank 15 (no matter how fast that is), it will take an additional 42 weeks to get the maximum resistance on the cloak via Malefic Cores.

1 Like

“ * Many legendary weapons are now transmogrifiable.

• Developers’ note: The Warglaives of Azzinoth dropped from Illidan in Black Temple are the one exception, as a custom method for Demon Hunters in particular to obtain this transmog appearance already exists through Black Temple Timewalking, and we do not want to diminish the value of that unique reward.

Don’t rogues get “Thunderfury” from ironically the same mechanism? A specific to class artifact appearance. Does this mean Thunderfury will also be non transmogable due to the unique in game mechanism to be obtained by rogues?

Seems inconsistent. Just make them all transmogable by usable classes instead of cherry picking when to apply a justification.

7 Likes

No, it will take additional 25 weeks.

• Rank 15 cloak = +50 corruption resistance
  • Full max corruption resistance = 125
  • Weekly corruption resistance allowed = 3
  • 125 (max) - 50 (r15) = 75
  • 75 corruption resistance / 3 corruption resistance per week = 25 weeks
1 Like

I completely agree i think this decision is really rude towards the general player base. Not everyone wants to play the lame class of DH, and its not special to them because you can earn the achievement to use the warglaives on them ON ANY CHARACTER why should dh players be special and be able to use the coolest weapon transmog in the game, but we are screwed? I am actually very disappointed.

2 Likes

I think the decision to make warglaives specific to DH when the achievement that allows DH to use the warglaives isn’t specific to any characters is asinine. There is a huge group of players who were so excited for warglaives that started farming them for the look. This is a huge kick to the groin for those players, and because WoW devs want DH players to be special snowflakes? I could understand if it was Legion artifact Weapons that were from the very beginning specific to the classes, these items existed long before DH’s were a thing. It’s honestly silly, and such a waste of a lot of peoples times since the beginning of transmogrification. So many players have been waiting for this, and to have a glimmer of hope. Just shoved away for such a silly reason. “DH Special Hurr durr” is how it feels.

3 Likes

I agree SO strongly this was VERY upsetting

2 Likes

so six months if you do not miss a week with out failing cause internet never gone out or power am i right