40 weeks up fully upgrade a Legendary Cloak

Does anyone find this kind of extreme? 40 weeks to fully upgrade a Legendary Cloak. Just in time for the next expansion to make said cloak worthless.

35 Likes

Hmm, does an article say 40 weeks or something?

I don’t need to fully upgrade mine, but I would like to be at a level that is ‘competitive’ enough to enjoy non-rated PvP… Not sure what that will be, or if I will have time to do it on more than one, maybe two, toons…

Just having a legendary cloak grind 16 months into an expansion seems extreme to me.

48 Likes

Patch notes. Cloak upgrade items are time gated 3 per week each adding 1 corruption resistance each.

Corrupted items are the titan forging replacement. The more this cloak is leveled up the more corrupted items you can use. I am sure for PvP it will not make that big of an impact. So its RNG in the first place that you will have corrupted items. Just like having titanforged stuff.

2 Likes

TY for the info. I hope you’re right, but we will see… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So what you’re saying is that it’s timed out to soft nerf corruption over time, till the end of the expac? Sounds like that’s what it’s supposed to do.

7 Likes

Only really matters if the RNG gods favor you a lot. Because most people probably aren’t going to have this huge stockpile of corrupeted gear to equip in the first place. If the corruption rate is the same as titanforging its not going to be that common.

But if you are that guy who gets everything because the RNG Gods love you it will feal pretty bad that you can’t use your gear cause your clock isn’t leveled enough. Equipping that much corruption would just outright kill you from all the bad debuffs.

1 Like

Let alone the fact that 1 corruption resist at at a time is laughable at best. After the 15th level or whichever one gives you the main stat buff, the levels past that are largely meaningless.

1 Like

Long way to shadowlands. Why do you wanna hurry up to wait?

2 Likes

I think it’s more a case of not wanting to do more senseless busy work, like sweeping the grass, during the last leg of the expansion.

25 Likes

Agree 3000%

1 Like

Can tell ya first hand, it feels terrible.
Like, sigh in disgust, log out terrible.

Yesterday on the PTR I copied my rogue over and swapped to the fox race.
In the first hour of play, he got 3 corrupted pieces from world quests, and it pushed his corruption level to 60.

60, on day one, hour one.

How in the bloody hell is he supposed to function like that?
At 3 cloak upgrades per week, that’s what, 20 weeks of grinding locked in right from the word go.

Sadly he is in now in Org, curled up in a ball of depression, sleeping.

19 Likes

Feels bad, Draenei lady :sob:

That is odd, jeez.

'Course, the expansion is insanely far off.

The cloak is just a more RNG version of Azerite gear, because these devs are incapable of coming up with anything other than reiterating failure. Instead of leveling a time-gated necklace that allows you to use Azerite Traits, you’ll be leveling up a time-gated cloak that allows you to use Corrupted gear. The “evolution” of getting rid of RNG titanforging and replacing it with another Azerite gear iteration should be setting of alarms for a lot of people, both players and employees at Blizzard, because this expansion has had nothing but a string of crippling failures that they keep pushing without reason, and no one at Blizzard seems to have the sense to tell whoever keeps pushing this garbage to change their mindset and/or leave the building entirely. This is the same failed formula that we’ve had to continually deal with all expansion.

32 Likes

So your cloak will be optimal for raiding months after the raiders have taken a hiatus for the rest of the expansion.

6 Likes

Nah, a single guaranteed corrupted raid weapon on top of weekly corrupted gear will fill your corruption quota really fast, your corruption resistance won’t be able to keep up with the corrupted gear drop rate.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if this time, the corrupted gear will carry over to SL’s. It does seem strange to have this in the last patch before the next expac.

It doesn’t. From what we’ve seen, all of the Old God corruption on Azeroth is going to be magically cleansed with a DBZ beam from the Heart.

3 Likes

Based on my understanding, this is not quite a correct interpretation of events. Going off of this:
https://ptr.wowhead.com/guides/obtain-legendary-cloak-overview-upgrading-stats-procs (which was last updated TODAY):

The cloak has 15 ranks and then caps out. You get a rank by doing the Horrific Visions thing. If you do all the weekly content, you can do 3 Horrific Visions per week, so get 3 ranks per week. Out of a maximum of 15.

Once you max out the cloak at rank 15, you can start getting small incremental additions after that, but the rank 15 cloak gives you 50 corruption resistance.

5 Likes

Trickle fed time gated content is the new normal. It makes the spreadsheets look good. It’s not enjoyable in the slightest but that no longer matters.

13 Likes