3v3 MMR Nerfed? No one Qing?

nah I think this is kind of promising, if they raise the CR ceiling then that means people at the lower end will have a better chance to play as the better players will stop being stuck at the lower ranks and the players with crap gear (like me) will actually have a chance to participate

Because there’s literally 0 reason as to why they cannot come out and communicate with the forums, nor with the audience, in literally anything with their game.

Classes, dungeons, raids, arenas, rated battlegrounds, even though these are all extremely important, they do not like to communicate while they try to figure things out. This is a very terrible idea because even if you literally don’t have a solution, just letting people know that you know and you’re working on it or trying to come up with something, goes 100% a much better/longer way than literally saying nothing at all or not communicating it at all.

“We know there are problems. We are working on a solution to fix these problems.” Literally this acknowledges and makes the community and players feel heard/understood instead of silence. So when they disappear for very long periods of time, then when they do appear and give feedback or their thoughts, they usually don’t do so at a good enough level for the mega dropoff in communcation. Yes, this does take a small bit of time away, but it also does not take time away.

That message I said that they could type out, took 10 seconds for me to type it out. Literally 10 seconds and that’s half the time spent trying to word it better. Why is it so hard to just acknowledge things/people and then say that they’re working on it? It doesn’t take much time out of anyone’s day and most people still feel unheard.

They could also admit “we don’t have a working solution for -x- problems that meets our standards or criteria, but we understand your frustrations and the problems.” – something like this also goes a long way, too.

Yeah that’s true, but most people just want acknowledgement. Honestly, if they just post more than once every 6 months or so, it’s fine. They used to have community managers for that, but I do not know if they still have those considering how many employees they’ve let go in all other areas.

Because they took PvE gear away from PvE players, so yes while technically correct, but if it were like BFA or Legion where mythic+ was rewarding so much high ilvl gear and so many pieces, there would be 50% less population playing. Yes, more players than in BFA or possibly Legion, but it still would not be even remotely in comparison to the way it was at the start of this season with them taking away raid and dungeon loot.

That plus classes were so imbalanced. I mean, Sub Rogues were literally able to global many classes in that first week. Ret Paladins were globally players easily and Fire Mages were able to global players. You had at least 3 DPS specs killing the other specs before they could even react.

They also became the most popular once players found out how easy it was to climb rankings and most sought after. Holy Paladins were miles above the other healers in PvP, and the other healers to climb were Disco Priests and possibly Resto Shamans. Like, it was just complete imbalance all over the place, so that first week or two you had many people climbing above 2k just due to their specs being absurdly overpowered in one way or another.

A lot of them are selling carries and tank their rating to sell carries. You can see this on streams with them playing with their fans. Tanking rating or not, they sell carries for subs and to do things with their followers.

Turns out, when you take away gear from raiding and mythic+, and put vendors into PvP so people can kind of control what they get, turns out that many many more players flood the PvP scene. Who knew taking their gear away would have such an effect?

2 Likes

Help me Stepdev my MMR is stuck.

1 Like

Oh ok that settles it guys. Linxy has assured us that the 3600 bracket is still within reach if you’re hard stuck at 3400.

Meanwhile the rest of the game is facing 3400ers “coaching” PvErs just trying to get some semblance of gear in 1200.

I’d rather ignorantly believe devs are understanding + focusing on the major issues than have one post and confirm they’re blind, deaf and dumb.

5 Likes

How about fixing the boosting issue for arenas while you are at it. Big part of why queues are dead as well.

2 Likes

More frequent PvP balance changes would be really nice too.

2 Likes

Boosting is a result of :

• gold carries being considered acceptable by the community*
  • lack of a real pvp stat to make pvp gear slightly suboptimal in PvE
  • lack of any oversight by Blizzard
  • legitimate players quitting, increasing the proportion of illegitimate players (both buyers and sellers) in the system

*It used to be that if someone called you out for getting boosted/piloted/carried, you’d be ridiculed out of your server’s pvp community. Now it’s just considered a “service”, as if it was just a crafting profession or something. I hate it.

5 Likes

Anyone who thinks a blizzard employee is sweating over this more than the players who actually play arena, is delusional. Especially the employees that visit here (EXTREMELY rare btw) to talk nothing about balance, and only about a stupid MMR ceiling that doesnt even matter to 99.99% of the population of this game. Their job is easy, and not stressful. Being an arena play of a certain caliber, is far more stressful than being on the dev team. Obviously. Look at the state the game is in.

1 Like

You’re wrong… and weird.

First, anything that relates to WoW Tokens (bots, mythic carries, arena boosts, etc.) is way above a Dev’s paygrade. WoW has far fewer subscribers than it did 10 years ago. Yet, it brings in more revenue. It’s 100% because of micro-transactions and I can bet that any Dev that wants to keep his job will refrain from doing anything that could hurt the sales of tokens.

Second, being a Blizzard employee right now probably sucks. Low pay, high cost of living, neverending crunch, layoffs every quarter, angry fanbase, etc.

1 Like

Logging in to make one stupid paragraph every few months isn’t hard. Quit talking. These forums do not stress them out.

The hell is “Qing?” That some cringey portmanteau of “king/queen?” You do you now you could have said “leader” or “champion” instead of inventing a nonsense word to virtue signal, right? That activision cancer at work I see.

This thread is a disaster, and the comment about participation being up is ridiculous.

We’re literally sitting at a -70% decrease in arena participation over the last 2 months, but blizz is trying to pull the wool over our eyes like we’re in the wrong here and that arena is doing fine.

https://www.xunamate.com for participation stats

8 Likes

We all know bloomsday is the true community manager.

3 Likes

Pre 9.0.5 I feel like arenas were actually super active, 3s queues were almost instant at most MMRs. I was able to get glad and then also help lower CR friends after that. I absolutely agree that arenas were insanely active for a while here. It’s fallen off like crazy as of late, though. Hopefully some key changes in 9.1 can fix this type of fall off for next season.

The drop was partly caused by resto druid-bm hunter-holypriest-affli meta especially in 2s after 9.0.5

These classes are not fun to play against. Pet buffs need to be reverted.

Oh also Rogue 1shot macro of course, which deletes people in 0.3 sec in both 2s and 3s.

1 Like

Neither is Turbo or other melee cleaves, which is literally all I saw for the first month of xpac.

This also existed pre-9.0.5… Just in different iterations.

Make gladiator 0.5% of top players like before. Drop people’s rating a couple of points every reset. And have a small inflation to make people keep playing all season instead of sitting like most do.

You make glad 0.5% expect even less people to queue.

That is not to say don’t give a special reward for 0.5%. If they did maybe r1s and multiglads would get the hell out of the lower brackets.

1 Like

People will queue if PvP is enjoyable. What makes it enjoyable? Being able to make progress for one. It’s not our fault you have 6 month seasons so stop trying to prevent inflation because you’re worried people are going to end up being 4k rated. If you don’t want it to happen don’t let seasons go on this long.

People also enjoy playing alts. PvP doesn’t get new “content”. It needs alts being viable to increase ladder participation and to keep people from becoming bored out of their minds. For alts to be viable you can’t have massive gear discrepancies. Most people don’t want to “challenge” themselves on a chit geared alt vs a sweaty main with massive gear advantages.

This all seems really simple to me and I don’t think I’m smarter than the dev team so I have to conclude things are like this on purpose and the only reason I can come up with is you’re chasing metrics and trying to get people to spend more time grinding rating/gear. If that’s the case I can almost guarantee it’s going to backfire on you in the long run if it hasn’t already. Just try to make the best game you can and provide a good product for your customers and the metrics will sort themselves out.

10 Likes

I think it’s pretty clear now that wow’s philosophy is to make content grindy to artificially inflate time played and extend the time people are subbed (borrowed power anyone). They spend so much time making things overly complicated/grindy (pvp gearing), and still manage to completely botch it. All that effort could have been spent on class development, and real content/updates to the game…but instead we have this.

6 Likes