3v3 MMR Nerfed? No one Qing?

It feels as though the 3v3 ladder MMR has been nerfed compared to Pre 9.05. Whether this is true or not, the perception remains and higher rated players decline to q because of it.

Please implement weekly / biweekly CR / MMR decay for inactive players to encourage more ladder play.

21 Likes

I was 2.8 now 2.3, around 5pm and I qd into 2500 players and lost 20+cr to gimmicky things and won like 3-4cr per win, continued every q session so I ended up dropping hard, wasn’t even just me I know a lot of friends that were r1 and are back at 2.6-2.7. Deflation is happening right now so that is also a factor into mmr nerf

1 Like

lmfao my alt has gone from 2700 to 3k since the patch i dont think mmr nerf happened.

6 Likes

Were you facing 3k teams or lower rating teams?

we were fighting 3100-3200 mmr teams and getting 17 points a win

Ah. I thought a lot of the people that rating just stopped queuing. Good to know. Thanks.

1 Like

Well 9.0.5 patch notes say that

'The rating system has been adjusted to increase 2v2 ratings relative to other brackets. The effects of this change will be gradual over the remainder of the season but persist next season. ’

But allegedly they also shadow nerfed 3s mmr. The rank one cutoff has dropped by like 12 pts (for horde) over the past week, so tbh idk.

Sauls really is a hero

u think mmr nerf happened cuz u tank ur alt 200 points get good LOL

Execute is still in r1…
I need a frost dk on my team now more than ever before

I play at 3k every day and the teams that were 3300-3200, are now in the 2900s lol. Something def happened whether it was implemented or people just stopped qng. Anyone above 3100 is prob safe r1 and won’t play their mains which is lame. Hopefully it inflates later on and those noobs are forced to q up

Something is definitely up with MMR. Not sure about 3s but in 2s ive been getting around 11 points for a win and 14 points for a loss. ALSO, for some reason at 1900cr i’m having to sit in queue more and more often until I get matched with a 1600cr or 1700cr team. I dont know what all this means. Maybe the entire 2s bracket has imploded? :thinking: :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I stopped queuing main cuz it stopped being fun for me, but my friends who do queue have dropped from 2900 to 2700. Maybe a meta shift or maybe something really is up.

1 Like

This has happened all throughout the ladder, not just the top or bottom. A few weeks ago, I was 2095 (1 win away from 2100 lolfail) and was consistently playing around 2k-2100 (rating not mmr). Now I’m consistently playing in the high 1700’s low 1800’s. I’ve played almost 1400 2s games this season. Idk what happened, I won’t say I’m playing necessarily better than earlier in the season, but I’m not playing worse either. That being said, I can say the climb up to 2095 was easier, and I played against less skilled players (very rarely gladiator/rank 1s) than I do now at 1800.

2 Likes

lol, that sure worked. I think it did the opposite of what they intended it to do haha.

1 Like

yea i have no idea what up with it tbh

1 Like

Yeah, I went from 2k to under 1700. Something definitely happened. Not because I play once week, but something out of my control. I won’t accept this blame.

6 Likes

just watch. there’s going to be a hotfix and it’ll read something like “oops because of some wrong coding, mmr has been artificially deflated. we have now fixed this issue. thanks.”

3 Likes

I mean not that it matters, but it would make me feel a little better to know I didn’t all the sudden become much worse at this game than I already thought i was lol.

1 Like

Think of it as a positive experience. I am surprised that I am fighting against r1s and multiglads all the way to dampening or even beating them.

My gameplay has improved and I even started using additional macros to speed up reaction time. Also using kicks better.

1 Like