3v3 MMR Nerfed? No one Qing?

I love when Toxic no life nerds have an ego in a video game.

1 Like

Yikes
 I mean a appreciate the blue post, but this just goes to show that they DO read these forums and intentionally choose not to communicate or make any meaningful changes.

7 Likes

Seems like another /played metric grab. But this time for only about a thousand people. Weird, coulda brought templates back and rake in the hours played from everyone on their alts

1 Like

You don’t get it, do you?
No one is pissed to them adressing an issue, the problem is the issue itself.
You see, the original post from @Numbingg is from a guy that has almost 3k rating. He reported that he can’t find a match at his rating right? So this change might help, right? NO IT DOESN’T.
The problem is that people at this rating is not just sit at their rankings doing something else, they are boosting other people. So this change just show that blizzard turned a blind eye on the real problem.
Thats why people are pissed.

Sure, because of this garbage gearing system that makes it so PVE players buy boosts to get their BIS gear.

Way to acknowledge this as a victory.

Actually makes me feel physically ill.

18 Likes

Are there a lot of PvE players getting boosted in arenas for high ilevel gear?

Or is boosting a small problem?

Atleast the 60 people this effects might like the change. So it’s something I guess

Not quite, I quit PVP entirely in Legion because of the garbage template system. I have no interest when I can’t customize my character’s stats to fit my playstyle. If you want to put in a set amount of secondary stat allocation and allow people to distribute the points how they choose, then I’m all for it.

90% of the issue right now is rating capped gear. Make your honor gear 213, conquest gear 226 and replace (or redesign) the versatility with a stat that only functions when engaged in PVP combat so the gear doesn’t negatively affect the PVE scene. Throw in a base crafted PVP set (197 maybe?) that people can gather up to get started in PVP so you’re not getting stomped out of the gate. There needs to be a gear separation between PVP and PVE that rewards those who participate in each. Gladiator gear shouldn’t be that great in PVE, and PVE gear shouldn’t be that useful in PVP (ie the BFA trainwreck).

At this point, the negligence on the gearing issue is effectively Blizzard sponsoring boosters.

1 Like

Yes, because recent seasons (see BFA) were terrible and had low participation. More than a small number can still be a small number. See my aforementioned list as to why people are laughing. It’s because saying this season is more active than previous ones, while true, is bring disingenuous to the reality of the situation.

it is not a problem at all. just some players dont like it.

ok all that is great. but what are you gonna do about me and 2 of my lfg friends facing 2 rank 1s carrying a 3rd person all the way from 1600 - glad brackets and around 2100 - glad bracket the person getting carried isnt even bad but having 2 rank 1s and 1 2100 player vs 3 2100 lfg players is not fun.

Fix the boosting

4 Likes

What are you doing about the rampant boosting?

Meeting 2200+ fully geared players at 1500 is not right. Meeting gladiators and boosters when trying for 1800 etc. Trying to fight for 2100? forget it, get a boost or try and find someone in the LFG that is not fit for purpose.

Not only boosting need a solution for the fairness of ladder but gladiators with full gear should not meet anyone below a rating, ever.
Why not create rating bands?
people below 1200 only meet people below 1200, then up to 1500 then 1500 to 1800 then 1800 to 2100 then 2200 and above.

9 Likes

Ok Linxy, but more importantly, nerf arms warriors, ret paladins, and windwalker monks. Also the rogue legendary item called “the rotten” needs removed or changed into something totally different.

4 Likes

This reply reminds me of the story from real life. Had to attend district manager meeting with top managers of that company in my country. And they start discussing some metric changes:

“Wow, this metric in customer satisfaction survey dropped by 0.5% in your district! Can you elaborate please?”

And I’m the guy who mostly just works in the field and know that their devs/managers sometimes simply forget to disable that survey for customers who don’t want/don’t need it. So guys in the field are just being told to fill all “5 stars” by themselves so the survey “is not wasted”.

Obviously this creates false reports that have nothing to do with reality. And discussing 0.5% metric changes after that just makes people who actually do the job to facepalm.

I have a very similar feeling after this blue post. Seems like devs/managers don’t play the game, just look at some metrics, talk to some of their contacts (usually glad/r1 players, 0.01% of the actual player base) and then make some decisions.

This clearly tells most of the actual players how delusional they are. And there is very little chance of actually meaningful changes for majority of the population. Kinda sad.

Just tried to take off from 1600 on my 213ilvl alt the other day. The second you go over 1700mmr you get queued into fully decked out rets/arms with 233 weapons. Open profiles - 2700, 2900, 3000 raiting in 3s, over 2000 in 2s - yet, they play with you at 1700mmr

1 Like

it was true for like the first few weeks of the season, but due to poor class design and balancing issues, aswell as an insane lack of changes participation is now probably the worst it’s ever been

Is this 3s mmr only or will it affect rbg ladder as well? RBG ladder above 2400 is dead people haven’t Qs their characters for months

I learned a lot reading this thread.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

The beginning
 of this madness:

I found what started it all

Well not exactly as I am riding the wave of prepatch barbershop hype. But it doesn’t hurt to have a surf board on hand for the QQ tsunami.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

raises hand

1 Like