395/400 Item Level Emissaries: Yes please

I have no idea how the armory works, or how it lists achievements. This is not my original main so there aren’t many achievements to look up.

I have spent countless hours farming for gear. Luck has not been on my side, but like I said, it never was. Even in the “glory” days of Molten Core, or Mount Hyjal, or ICC I never got the gear I wanted. Still holding out for ToEP, 14 years later…

I know how to do a 10 key. It’s don’t consider it a challenge this late into the tier. And I am by no means a good M+ player. I still haven’t tried a shrine or temple key yet. So my score is 1.3 or something, pretty average but ok enough to get into pugs. I do some keys to try to get what I want, and most of the time end up disappointed. I think I’ve done roughly 20 WCM 10+ keys recently trying to get the trinket. And I just got it today, from a 15. Base 400 ilvl with socket.

I am lvling an alt surv hunter. She’s actually 375 ilvl, quite a bit higher than your priest. I still wont get 395/400 emmisaries next week. So no fear, your priest has a ways to go before it gets free gear to “rival” your DK.

If raiding truely is a hassle, then it’s not for you. Raiding is in a pretty good spot atm and it looks like it will get better next tier. But I understand, it’s not for everyone.

Playerbase: Alright, now everyone’s 400ilvl. What’s next?
Someone: There’s nothing else better except mythic raids or mythic+
Playerbase: Guess we may as well logout till 8.2 drops

Blizzard: We did it Patrick! We saved the game.

1 Like

You realize there are only like…4 pieces of gear total from the entire “new raid” a person can get?

BoD is still relevant.

1 Like

Igneous potential at 400 > No igneous potential at 415.

I have a 400 piece of gear. Mistfire Raiment. It has Igneous Potential / Treacherous Covenant.

It is better than a 415 Azerite Chest. Hauberk of Sunken Despair. It has the 3rd best trait (Natural Harmony), and a lower middle trait. Echo of the Elementals.

The 400 piece is much better. Its about 300-500 sim dps better.

2 Likes

My priest armory is actually missing my helmet, so we are around the same iLVL, and yes the gear we get this reset probably won’t be 395 instantly, but even assuming half the emissary stuff is gear, that is 7 pieces of gear in 2 weeks guaranteed whereas the hassle with raiding is not so much about starting the raid, you can pug easily enough, but it is the problem that nothing is guaranteed, not even one item is guaranteed from that or M+ and if you do run M+ you would know this.

And as for rivalling my DK, no it will not be possible without raiding or doing M10’s minimum from here on in, but that is still not even the point. I have put in now 3 months worth of effort some days spending hours in raids or M+ whereas my priest can put in 10 minutes a day and in less 1-2 months be at a heroic raid level.

Given there are just over 2 months left before the expected release of 8.2 and the next full raiding tier I can have my priest up to scratch to jump straight into raiding for nothing more than a few WQ’s a day from here on in, compare that to no emissary rewards, or a lower iLVL reward and I will have to raid 2-3 nights a week and push at least one key a day to get there, this ensuring I do get the gear and am able to start raiding on day 1 of the new raid.

There is no real reward anymore for raiding as once it is done the next iLVL increase is here and you can miss an entire raiding schedule and still be ready for the next raid.

Even if your gear is made invalid 2 months after the release of the raid, there is the issue that someone who does not raid or push keys can be ready to raid with little to no effort and by the end of the expac due to the catch up mechanics everyone will be at a comparable iLVL and the raiders will not entirely stand out for the effort they put in.

If raiding need to be forced onto other to do it, then perhaps it was never good content. People isn’t gonna stick around just because of raiding. WoD is good example

So I guess my guild didn’t get the memo they weren’t supposed to be doing heroic raids after reset. I wonder what they will do with all that time once they learn there is no longer heroic raids for them.

?

Thats the way the game has always been. If you don’t plan on raiding past normal mode, which is now called heroic and pushing for hardmode/ heroic/ mythic or pvp there wasn’t much else to do.

The second worst possible 415 vendor option is worse than your best possible 400 option by 250 dps? I’m not shocked. 3 of the 6 possible vendor chest options are an upgrade for you, they range between 250 to 400 dps better with the addition of the bonus stam. Again, you aren’t farming heroic jadefire except for the ability to get more dust to gamble on chest again.

Are you trying to prove my point?

Maybe I am missing something and you could clarify for me.
I ran Droptimizer on raidbots. This is the report.
https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/jSAxLcGHGZUoSbCsPkBpBf

It listed 3 possible vendor chest options that are an upgrade for me. As you noted 3/6. Every single one of them had the trait Igneous Potential.

There were zero upgrades for me not using Igneous Potential. I believe your point from earlier was:

That is what I was responding to. 0 of the 415 azerite vendor items that are missing the one trait stated isn’t required…are an upgrade for me over the 400.

I was responding to you saying that 400 azerite gear with your ideal trait is not better than 415 gear without.

Edit:

Follow up, I just simmed the azerite 415 chests from mythic BoD. Only 1 out of 3 was an upgrade. It is the mythic version of the chest I have.

So to recap, I have 4 upgrade azerite chests available, out of 9 possibilities. 4/9. Every upgrade has the trait “Igneous Potential”. Every single 415 chest (BoD Mythic Drop or Vendor) missing the trait “Igneous Potential” is a downgrade over my 400 chest.

Raiding was great content until Blizzard started making end bosses like Ghuun and Jaina that make a trip to the dentist seem preferable by comparison.

I have been playing 14 years, and have never ever enjoyed raiding been honest.

Thats fine. Raiding isn’t for everyone. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

My point was that Heroic BoD base 400 gear is not relevant now, Tuesday won’t change that. No one realistically should be farming Heroic or Normal BoD for 385 of 400 pieces now, let alone in 8.2. Even losing your strongest trait, on your best possible chest, going to one of the worst available chests to you is a 250 dps loss. The next neck lvl you get and that 420 becomes a wash.

2 of 6 helms and shoulders and 3 of 6 chests are immediate upgrades for you. Even if you weren’t raiding mythic content you would not be scouring heroic for a 250 upgrade over the 415 chest you have. I am not sure what you are buying or what you have bought, but playing the numbers, like I said, 400 gear is only valuable to you to scrap for so you can buy again.

1 Like

Thats fine.

My entire point is that the 400 chest with igenous potential > every 415 piece without.

If you feel like blatantly looking past the point you are more than welcome to do so, but it still not does change the point at hand.

If your guild would rather go smack their heads against Jaina more power to you, I on the other hand will go do a 2 minute world quest and achieve the same thing in a fraction of the time.

rustles hair

That’s adorable.

And what is equally sad is all the gear will be for nothing when the next “season” rolls around. IF I was a mythic raider I think I’d be more pissed about how Blizzard invalidates all the hard work of getting Mythic gear with the next raid patch.

Mythic raids are not designed to be completed by everyone. Steady progression is the name of the game.

Also, no one has issues with the next tier and the increased item levels. The issue is they did it mid-tier.

5 Likes

Our future.

1 Like