395/400 Item Level Emissaries: Yes please

I’m a casual heroic raider, and what I like about this is I can relax, knowing that if I need to take a week off, or in my off-time I don’t feel like pushing a mythic+ key and just want to level an alt for a while, I will still be able to keep up enough to be useful in guild raids.

On the other hand, what worries me is whether this will make it harder for us to recruit enough people and keep our already meagre roster interested enough to finish heroic BoD, which I’ve been enjoying alot. I don’t know a lot of people willing to spend time wiping with strangers when there’s no reward at the end.

I’m going to ask this because I’m one of thise weird people who thinks context is important, but have you cleared heroic BoD? I’m asking because of how you categorized heroic raiders so I’m curious.

1 Like

That is the point. Base level Heroic BoD gear is already invalid. Further invalidating doesn’t do much when it hasn’t been a lucrative source of gear in weeks.

But your use of invalid confuses me. Base 400 gear is invalid. But Heroic is still a viable source for WF/TF. Doing it increases the chances to get gear. We are only going to get a emmisary wq or gear chance 1 or 2 times a week. That is not a reliable gear source. But if you pvp, do heroic, pug m champions, do a couple keys, and wqs/ warfronts it all rounds out to a nice loot pool.

Same ilvl maximum but easier ways to reach it lol.
ilvl 425 wont even be uncommon by the time heroic azshara is available
and then it will be tuned around ilvl 425 gear and get destroyed within 24 hours of release.

Plenty of groups are still progressing through heroic BoD and chasing AOTC. Additionally, Blizz onky upped the ilvl of Crucible gear over BoD after concerns were raised about the replayability of the raid since a lot of the gear isn’t that desirable. Not to mention. Getting certain 400 ilvl pieces, or even 385, is better than some 415 gear so heroic BoD gear is, and will continue to be relevant until, if not after 8.2 is released.

Still considering its a new raid there should be a new maximum ilvl in general, say 440 and then people could do heroic and mythic battle for dazar’alor hoping to get whatever.

But its not a new tier. Its basically an anime filler arc but for raiding.

1 Like

Rofl disagreeing woth Blizzard is not a policy enforced to have green text. You really thought that?

You mentioned context, I have no idea what class/ spec you play. But I am fairly comfortable that no 385 azerite piece competes with a 415 piece. And you’d be hard pressed to find a 385 gear piece that could compete with the raw stats of a 415 in most cases. No offense, but wtf are you talking about?

My dude. This has been an issue for almost the entire expac. I wouldn’t be hard pressed at all as this has been a pretty regular criticism. A number of the class guides and discords recommend gear even 30 ilvls lower depending on what traits it has. Some of the WQs trinkets vastly outperform raid trinket of equal ilvl. This isn’t new.

It is a pretty regular criticism. It’s more often than not wrong. A few months ago, before the tuning passes? Sure. But now? Even a cursory glance of the bloodmallet shows almost no cases where an S tier talent at 385 outperforms a middle of the road 415. It’s not a full proof system, sims will do what they do, and I don’t really want to derail, but no one with access to 415 is actually farming BoD for 400 or 385 azerite gear for anything other than dust.

Trinkets is a different story. At equal ilvl raid, m+, pvp, and wq trinkets are going to mix/ match. Raid, m+, and pvp are still a more reliable source that wq will ever be.

Archanic pulsar, baleful invocation, igneous potential. Should i continue?

1 Like

Yet again need we remind you all in the same way, we are not talking about other gear that someone else gets. A few of us here are raising concerns only to be told “Why worry about someone else’s gear?”.

We are not, we are worried about our own gear being made useless as quickly as we get it, like my 395 iLVL sword that got replaced within days with a 400, than replaced a week later with a 415, only to be replaced 2 weeks later with a 420.

Which at the time was great, there was no iLVL increase coming and I felt after all the hard work in running M+ and mythic raids it was a good reward, 35 iLVL above that of any base reward possible outside of mythic content.

Than a few weeks later I find out I can take my priest who still uses a 375 iLVL weapon and with 4 lazy WQ’s being done can get myself a 395 base level item, which is very close to par with heroic raiding, and yes while it is still 25 iLVL away from what my DK has, it’s basically a free weapon of heroic raid quality without the heroic raid being done.

And it makes me wonder, why do I bother with raiding now if that quickly I can just go outdoors and get a very decent weapon with no downtime?

1 Like

I mean, you can, not sure what you are implying. Even at 400 those actually don’t outshine middle of the road talents on the 415, let alone 385. Factor in the difference between the other main trait, the secondary trait and the bonus to main stat/ stam no one is farming 385 pieces or 400 pieces for anything but the ability to shard them and gamble.

Woosh right over your head.

3 Likes

I honestly do not know what to say to any of that. Honestly, I am blown away. If you consider a 395 weapon a decent reward stacked against a 420 weapon, I have no idea what to tell you. Seriously, nothing. I mean, its not even a decent rewards compared to the 400 ilvl weapon your priest can get from yolo bgs or the warfront.

If you say so champ. I’d respond, but no point. Game is better off without you playing.

It’s OK if you still don’t understand what we are talking about and need further explanation.

And yes, a 395 is almost on par with a 400 no matter where the reward comes from, but the fact is, a 395 reward for doing 10 minutes of content versus, in your example, BG’s for the 400 iLVL reward is just not comparable any way you look at it.

What do you need to do to get a 400 iLVL BG weapon? 10 weeks of content? WEEKS, not days, not hours, but weeks minimum due to the fact you can only get one conquest item reward per week.

Imagine that, spending 10 weeks bare minimum getting your rewards, than spending another 10 weeks minimum getting your additional 400 iLVL rewards to gear up to what you think is standard, that is 5 months of BG’s when all of a sudden they turn around and say “Hey guess what guys, that was all a waste of time because now you can spend 10 minutes a day to finish your emissary and a chance at the reward being a GUARANTEED 395/400 iLVL item”.

Do you get it yet? Do you see the difference in time it takes before and after the change?

A 420 is great yes, but it is also a headache to find 20 people who can down a mythic boss, you than have to ensure those 20 are not only geared enough but competent enough to be able to follow the additional mechanics, than have to hope that once you do down the boss you actually get loot, which is never guaranteed.

I’ve ran entire heroic raids with token rolls and gotten nothing out of it, that is 2 days of raiding, 9 boss kills, multitudes of trash with a group of other people for no reward, but now I can simply do 4 WQ’s SOLO for a guaranteed item of some sort.

1 Like

No, I don’t get it. It’s shocking how blind this argument is. The emissary doesn’t spawn at 395 for doing “10 minutes” of content. It’s being raised 10 ilvls and requires an ilvl threshold, like it always has.

The warfront has spawned for months, with the ability to loot a 400 weapon. They are afkable. Yolo bgs are about as casual as this game gets and rewarded a guaranteed 400 weapon weeks ago. I have no idea where you are getting 5 months from. More delusions I guess.

I went a year farming Archimonde, still no sword. Actually, despite transmog runs it’s been 12 years of no sword. Rng has always happened. Still, no idea what you are talking about. If you are honestly salty, that 3.5 months after BoD has been out, that it is possible to get a 395-405 weapon there is no hope for you. And the game is better trying to cater to other playerbases.

It’s very obvious you either don’t get it, or the fact you are not posting this on your main is telling me that you are defending this the same way other players defend it.

Like this players who don’t raid and don’t do M+ keys saying the change is good, of course is it, they can get comparable gear for no effort. Like your account, I see no achievements showing you have done any current content, no mythic kills, no CoS, and yet here you are telling us there is no issue with raising the iLVL?

You have not even done the content to know what we are talking about, how about you go run a timed M10 on every current dungeon, than go and down Jaina on Heroic, go spend the countless hours farming for gear and boss kills only to be told by Blizzard that all your previous efforts have been for nothing because “Lol, we are giving away comparable gear for no effort”.

An M10 for example, takes an hour or so to do, you get your group together, get into the dungeon and explain how it is going to go down, than take the 30-40 minutes to actually do the content for a chance at getting something with the only actual reward is a piece of gear from your cache.

The emissary? That is a guaranteed item, 100% chance at getting something. Why should I keep running raids and M+ if a month after I feel like I have enough gear I can jump onto an alt to get something that is comparable for nothing? I may as well just run the easier content when the iLVL upgrade happens and not have to worry about the hassles that raiding brings.

2 Likes