350g Black Lotus is insanity

I’m going to be so rich.

from the horse’s mouth. you can shut up now

7 Likes

I agree with you those things you mentioned are grindy in retail. I think there are differences in classic and retail though.

Paticularly the leveling experience is much more engaging in retail. That’s one reason I personally enjoyed catacylsm so much (when it was new). There is never a dry moment in retail leveling.

Another difference is that retail offers a wide range of play styles. You can be super causual like me (if you look at my gear it is terrible compared to other players) but I can still solo Q content and have a good time. Or you can do all the things you mentioned like pathfinder to unlock flying in the 2014+ expansion zones. I think that might be comparable to Kirby nintendo games, you can play Kirby’s Adventure for example and beat it and call it a day or try beating it on expert without saves and unlock sound test.

My point is retail WoW offers a wide variety of engaging content for players. Classic is a much more slow game. I think classic is fine for its time, but it evolved and changed into retail.

And there is no way to avoid the grind in classic. It is built in. I have a level 56 & a half character there and I log in- I can go play AV for rep, or I can go defeat monsters over and over again to level. People are not forming groups either, I gave up like in October of 2019 finding those.

nature protection pots , gl getting into aq if youre not a druid or shaman

This.
Dont buy them, dont buy the flasks.
Yes, your raid will take a bit longer.
Ok fine, you will still finish it unless you were relying on flasks to barely pull through.

After a while, the flasks and the lotus will become worthless.

Change the meta, you have them, they dont have you.
You just dont know it yet.

1 Like

Booom /endthread

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dSpOjj4YD8c

nO ChANgE!

1 Like

I never asked for a change.

actually it wouldn’t.
Herb camper picks up one lotus for 100g an hour.
Herb camper gets 4 lotus an hour, sells each for 100g still.

Even if they don’t sell all the lotus they pick they’re still monopolising the supply and lets be honest, Demand is only going to increase in later phases.

The solution is easy, say black lotus is being farmed by premades, it’s having an effect on horde AV and that the picking of black lotus is tied to some ism and goes against the spirit of WoW.

Do it on a horde character and blizzard will hot patch it in a few days.

1 Like

is this a rip on the war on drugs?

I wouldn’t not not tell you to not take them.

Nah, just simple economics.
If the consumer refuses to buy, then the merchant must lower prices or cease to exist.

1 Like

stop replying to braindead retail characters

3 Likes

Part of the issue here is that some BiS gear requires flasks as crafting ingredients. As long as there are Warriors looking to compete, they’ll be looking to make Titanic Leggings.

What current raids require flasks?

Judging from the rest of the thread, I’m guessing you’re replying to me. In which case, I will reiterate; I said some BiS gear requires flasks as crafting ingredients.

1 Like

Funny you say that.

Last night me and some guildies were farming CC rep in silithus for a while. Boom I see a lotus spawn right in front of me. I yell in discord quick, a lotus is up. Me and 2 other guildies all simultaneously start trying to pick the lotus. Within 5 seconds of it spawning a horde hunter had logged in ON TOP of the lotus spawn and instantly started trying to farm the herb.

We obviously killed him and took the herb for ourselves. But yeah, the bots are real.

1 Like

so … be above the influence of the lotus?

1 Like