350g Black Lotus is insanity

On our server lotus are now 350g each. Why do we still have a supply intended for a 3000 person vanilla server population cap to go around for 10k~15k people is my first question, and why isn’t bliz doing anything about the botters farming them to horde and jack the price through the roof?

Thoughts on a solution being to add them to a flower vendor in Stormwind and Thunder Bluff for 50g each to end this insanity?

18 Likes

In BC they fixed this by granting a chance that Fel Lotus has a chance to drop off any high level herb.

BC fixes this, I guess we are stuck paying these prices or not flashing until BC.

8 Likes

Black lotus immediately shot up to 250g on Benediction.
When layers started, lotus was at 170g. it only dropped 20g to 150g per lotus.
Now that layers are back, it went back up 100g in the blink of an eye.

Ridiculous.

#Nochanges

Im absolutely ceartin Blizzard did not make the servers any different than 2004. Maybe the players are used to not farming 15 years later because of retail changes and are just complaning. Rosy glasses show roses

No, its server pops vs supply of the herb.

11 Likes

Different? No, higher population per server, definitely yes…

It’s a simple matter of supply and demand, when your population is “X” times larger than before (thereby increasing demand), but your supply remains fixed, prices are going to be steep…

2 Likes

People toss this idea around, “it is different server populations” - But where is the evidence? 2004 evidence with 2019 evidence to show they are different?

Including 2020 evidence to show they are still different from 2019 August?

Just stop buying them, make them worthless.

7 Likes

you cant, the druid and rogues need their zg trinkets

wait till aq when people have to use them even more

people sitting around on 8g just lost their raid spots

You are a total moron to think that Vanilla 2004 servers had 10,000+ players. This is not like Vanilla at all. In Vanilla max lotus price was MAYBE 65-70g

18 Likes

Blizzard literally told us this fact lol.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, they aren’t going to fix it. Reason 1) They want you to pay the $25 to go to a medium pop realm where prices are lower. Reason 2) They’re petrified of upsetting the #NoChanges crowd.

6 Likes

Its ridiculous at this point and isnt authentic whatsoever. During vanilla on my server (garithos) lotus sold for near 30g. I as a resto druid the worst farming class in the game could afford one after 2-3 school runs. Now everything price wise is dictated by mages exploiting terrain and mafias

3 Likes

It’s not as if blizzard themselves said it ten or fifteen times…and at one point even admitted this very issue.

4 Likes

I bet you are fun at parties.

Zattah

1 Like

…stop…buying…lotus…

4 Likes

Was gonna link the same post to you by blizzard, but it was already done above.

How could you not think these servers are multiple times as big as a vanilla server.

We have layering on a lot of servers for a reason.

The issue is like what was said already, the servers grew 5x as large but the lotus spawns are the same. It’s 1 of the only items that spawns the way it does.

It gets fixed in BC this with Fel Lotus.

3 Likes

I just read that post but the blue does not say by how much it is different. I think classic players just don’t like farming like they dealt with in 2004-2007. It’s boring, I don’t blame them.

You don’t play Classic, do you? If you do, what realm? Are you in a raiding guild? How long does it take your guild to clear BWL?

2 Likes

Dreamin Azuresong Level 56 Human Mage, Almost 57. Have about 140 more mobs to grind in Winterspring.

I play the grindfest game called Classic