350g Black Lotus is insanity

sorry i’ve been told by a level 36 mage that everything blizzard has done is “great” and it’s all just my bad opinion so just deal with it.

2 Likes

players always had this amount of gold on pservers and it never caused lotus prices to skyrocket because most pservers either randomized the spawns to avoid camping, or had an alternative way to pick them. Blizzard dropping 10k server pops on our heads with 69 lotus spawns a day will always cause them to be priced this high. That’s literally less than 2 raids worth of lotus a day for a server with a population of ten thousand.

10 Likes

Don’t buy them.

You won’t have a choice come AQ and Naxx if you intend on raiding those instances. Flasking for those instances is basically mandatory.

Are you deliberately missing the point or what? The herb spawns were adjusted around the original vanilla server populations of around 2500 per high or “full” server. The herb spawns have not changed in classic, yet population counts are multiple TIMES what they were in vanilla on the high pop classic realms. The supply remained the same while demand rose tenfold. 2+2=4.

6 Likes

All I see in your post is “we dont want to grind lashers anymore to buy black lotus.” Literally going through a scientific essasy on alleged stats and differences on now and 2004-2007.

Go grind. It’s the classic way!

Naxx until you’re geared maybe, AQ during progression Titans will save you time, but I’m not sure I believe your statement. Convince me.

Why is it so difficult to implement dynamic respawns of herbs?

Pservers did it and it was great. The more players in a zone, the faster the respawn on herbs.

Having lotus go from the 45-75 minute respawn to something like 15-25 minutes would fix most economy problems.

6 Likes

Still missing the point. You’ll have to grind far longer now than you ever had to in vanilla to afford to buy black lotus at it’s current inflated price, because the supply will never be able to satisfy the demand.

1 Like

You don’t have proof that’s true. Go grind lashers if you want black lotus. Don’t blame alleged differences between then and now. Classic is a grindfest. Ya it is boring, but it’s what the classic community desired so much.

The blue never ever says by how much it is different. In fact the blue even says that servers these days could handle a bigger population (in rejecting raising server caps) It means that blizzard still limited the populations on modern classic servers.

Go grind, not complain.

Prices are this high because people are willing to pay them. If enough people on your servers factions stop buying them, the prices will tank. Unfortunately it would take an act of god for the elite guilds to stop flashing, so the prices will not go down.

On the contrary I fully expect flasks on most realms to be selling for 500g each by time Naxx is out.

1 Like

Capitalism at its finest. The black lotus.

so you just admit you don’t understand basic math?

3 Likes

Decent question. I don’t know, but I suspect that making a change to say something like dynamic spawn rate based on server population would require a feature being identified, agreed upon, specified, and then implemented.

If the only real difference that would make is the price that those who care to flask are paying, then would that make much of a difference overall anyway?

Also a good question! It would be nice to have some sort of better/faster enforcement of anti-bot measures, esp. if this is such an issue for such a valuable in-game commodity.

I wonder if adding personnel resources, such as live GMs who could actively look into Bot reports would result in overall profit gains (or less loss in profits overtime), or if it would simply add overhead and complexity while not having any positive effects on profits, i.e. does enough of the playerbase care enough that it matters significantly to do anything about this?

Seems like a reasonable starting point for a discussion. I wonder what sorts of unintended or unexpected side-effects might something like this have?

it’d be a shame if say… the server was covered in bots selling gold or something.

3 Likes

I admit this thread is full of people who dont want to grind.

There is no evidence in this thread that shows black lotus was never 350g in vanilla on any servers at any time.

Hi guys,

The reason Black Lotus is priced so extremely is because the only people that care about it are tryhards that need it to parse high, and tryhards that care about parsing high will spend whatever they have to in order to get their orange and pinks.

Nobody needs a black lotus to clear any content currently in the came, and you probably won’t until Naxx (and probably not even then).

In other words, black lotus prices are a non-issue. Your life isn’t over because you don’t hit 99 and this should be dead last on Blizzard’s “fix it” list.

7 Likes

How is it trolling to disagree with people in this thread? Go grind.

1 Like

this is just straight false, you can easily see lotus prices from 2006 in screenshots being under 50g easily. Anyone playing at the time can attest, why are you trolls even here? you’re contributing nothing to the thread.

2 Likes

You’re literally in here claiming literal proof of lotus being lower priced isn’t proof, and you keep repeating the same exact comment. how exactly aren’t you trolling?

2 Likes