3/3 Undead Cleansing Not Benefiting Shaman Fire Totems

Regalia of Undead Cleansing 3/3 Not Benefiting Shaman Fire Totems:

"It would appear that the undead cleansing set doesn’t effect totems, or at least not fire nova totem. I’m not sure if the set bonus applies (I’d guess it doesn’t but I’m not sure). I am sure that the “spell damage vs undead” component does not work for Fire Nova Totem.

I use an addon (SpellCalc) that calculates spell damage ranges and averages based on your spell power and displays them on the spell’s tooltip. It doesn’t factor in the “spell damage vs undead” or the set bonus; as far as it’s concerned i’m not wearing any gear on my chest/wrist/hands. As you’d expect, lightning bolt therefore always does more damage than the addon would predict. Fire nova totem never did more than it’s expected maximum damage. Tested it with 632 individual hits to undead mobs according to Details.

Discovered this while AOE farming ghoul trash in Naxx alongside 3 mages; I figured the set would be perfect because I was only using fire nova totem and the mobs are lvl 61 so I didn’t need much hit gear to be capped. Sadly regular spellpower/crit gear performs much better for this case." -Sakarnen

EDIT: Just did some testing (on PTR and Classic) and I can confirm, spell dmg vs Undead does not add any dmg to searing, magma, or fire nova totem. I tried with Blessed Oil, Mark of the Chosen, and Rune of the Dawn. None of them were adding the dps gain I would see from equipping gear of equal stat value in regular spell power.

4 Likes

Clearly a bug that needs a fix. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is also the case for other spell damage vs undead items like Mark of the Champion and the Blessed Wizard Oil. Having to swap oils in aoe situations to actually get any benefit, specially considering the limited supply left of Blessed Wizard Oil is crazy.
Fire Totems are a considerable part of overall shaman dps in raids so this is actually quite impactful despite the low amount of fulltime dps shamans currently doing naxx.

4 Likes

please fix undead spell power (trinkets, udc, oils) to correctly apply to spells and guardians like other magics do, its a GIANT nerf to the elemental shaman community.

2 Likes

Just did some testing (on PTR and Classic) and I can confirm, spell dmg vs Undead does not add any dmg to searing, magma, or fire nova totem. I tried with Blessed Oil, Mark of the Chosen, and Rune of the Dawn. None of them were adding the dps gain I would see from equipping gear of equal stat value in regular spell power.

2 Likes

plz fix :grin:

2 Likes

Yes please fix this Blizzard, I cannot minmax my moonfire damage

Please fix this!! :persevere:

1 Like

please fix i am druid

1 Like

this should be fixed…

1 Like

By that logic totems should not scale with regular spell damage, fire damage, or spell crit. But they do…
The wording for spell damage on regular gear and Undead spell damage for something like Mark of the Champion is literally the same except for Undead and Demon added in there, so i insist, your argument makes 0 sense.

2 Likes

Get this in the next sprint please!

bump - please fix

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/33-undead-cleansing-not-benefiting-shaman-fire-totems/848919/4

bump

Please fix undead spell power !! not only are our fire totems not benefiting from it, nor is our holy water. (undead oil, seal/mark, 3piece UDC set)

bump please

bump

1.13.7 is live on the PTR and STILL NO TOTEM FIXES!

WoW Classic Version 1.13.7 PTR is Now Available - #169 by Kaivax

1 Like

Can we get a confirmation if this was ever fixed for SoM and Era by blizz or something? My guess is that it was overlooked… in that case bump hoping that maybe one day…

1 Like

They confirmed it was not a bug in a bluepost somewhere. Haven’t done any testing personally since SoM released, however.