Spell Damage vs Undead Is Bugged

Update from old thread which got some traction which was just the tip of the iceberg, but was ultimately ignored after 2 patches on PTR.

Certain spells or abilities which normally scale with spell power, fail to benefit from spell damage vs undead. Essentially rendering many end game BiS items (ex: Mark of the Champion, Blessed Wizard Oil, Undead Cleansing) useless.

To date, there have been multiple reports of this behavior:

-3/3 Undead Cleansing Not Benefiting Shaman Fire Totems - WoW Classic / WoW Classic Bug Report - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)
-3/3 Undead Cleansing Not Benefiting Shaman Fire Totems - WoW Classic / WoW Classic Bug Report - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)
-Flame wrath proc chance fine but not consistent - 1min icd - WoW Classic / WoW Classic Bug Report - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

After extensive testing and asking around multiple class communities. I found that spell damage vs undead is ignored by several functions used to calculate the resulting damage for dozens of spells and abilities.

Below I have compiled a growing list of spells and abilities which normally benefit from spell power, yet fail to benefit from spell damage vs undead:

• Weapon procs: Ancient Hakkari Manslayer, Flame Wrath, Wraith Scythe, Shadowstrike, Fist of the Damned, Demonfork, Zulian Slicer, Sceptre of Smiting
  • Armor procs: Demon Forged Breastplate
  • Stratholme Holy Water
  • Shaman Flametounge & Frostbrand imbune
  • Shaman fire totems: Searing Totem, Magma Totem, Fire Nova Totem
  • Shaman Lightning Shield (Ten Storms t2 8/8 set bonus also confirmed to be bugged)
3 Likes

Thank you for finding this Thundurus :slight_smile: I hope they fix :C

2 Likes