3 days early access for 90$ (community discussion and poll)

It is because early access is on a Saturday?? are u kidding me? when almost everyone has the day off from their respective duties. It’s a horrible move imo, for the people who buy base edition they might not be able to play on a Wednesday and that’s MORE than a 3-day early access for those people. It would be more like 5- or 6-day early access… and at that point, half of the player base is going to be so far behind.

If this is what you consider predatory, please don’t look at any gotcha mobile game out there, or Fortnite, or Roblox, or Counter strike, or games like the NFL and NBA titles that put out a $70 game each year with minimal changes. This is very tame and reasonable by comparison. Every expansion since TBC had extra things for a higher cost, whether it was physical Collectors Editions that came with a digital pet and some overpriced physical media, or the more recent digital editions that have had multiple price points each offering “added value” extra stuff. You are not forced to buy anything other than the base edition. They didn’t up the price and say “Sorry if you wanna play the next expac you have to buy this higher priced edition”. They offered option to consumers who wanted them giving people a choice on what to buy. Thats not predatory in the least. Thats like saying that because the LS trim Toyota Camry has heated leather seats and a heads-up display vs the base trim model that is basic Toyota is being predatory. They are offering you a choice. Buy it if you want, no one says you have to buy the Epic Edition.

All these complaints about 3 days early access are ridiculous. Ion said there will be no profession skill up points available for those 3 days, no Mythic 0 or Mythic+ dungeons for those 3 days, world rares will not drop their rare loot during those 3 days. Raid won’t release until a week after the Tuesday launch. Everyone is upset that someone else will get to max level 3 days before them, but they never stop to consider the people who can’t play until the weekend after launch who you now have a 5 day lead on leveling. 3 days is nothing. There are no more server first achievements any more so who cares if some hit 80 before you when they literally cannot do anything outside of level. Again, think of those who you get a jump on because they can’t play on Tuesdays launch. I don’t see them making these stupid posts complaining about you hitting level 80 before them and its the exact same situation.

As for professions, no skill points mean those who gather won’t get more than rank 1 and possibly a few rank 2 materials, and those who craft can only utilize what was gathered. The argument about “I will miss out on gold because they have a 3 day head start!” is ridiculous too. If we all started on launch day there will still be people who do nothing but gather and get the jump on you and flood the market. When 10.2 hit i got the new potion recipe on my second kill and made hundreds of the new potions. The initial batch sold for 60g ea., within 3 hours they had dropped to 8g ea because the market became flooded with them. So, at best you lose out on a couple thousand gold because someone gathered or crafted 3 days before you. Its not like you suddenly lost out on a million gold selling frenzy and you would now be forced to sell herbs on a street corner to make ends meet.

There will be people who hit max level in early access. There will be people who hit max level on launch day. There will be people who hit max level a week after launch. 3 days early access is meaningless. You will have plenty of time to level and gather and craft before Mythics and Raid even open, just as you always had before.

2 Likes

I think beta access, depending on how long that access is, will be just as much of an advantage as 3 days of early access.

1 Like

I don’t care about it. I’m buying the base edition and upgrading to the Epic when the upgrade goes on sale at some point down the road.

Also if you read the fine print, they can legally shorten that early access at any time for any reason.

1 Like

I mean I personally think it’s kinda lame, at the same time, I’m 100% going to buy it. Why would I not want to play the game 3 days early? Principles? Corporations have no principles, they won’t listen to me so why should I bother.

Another one of these threads, good lord, if the 3 days early access is that important to you pay the amount to get it, if not then not, I bought the epic edition for the mount and the battle pet and the early access is just one of the many extras that came with it.

Bottom line is it comes down to choice and if something is actually important to you or not.

3 Likes

I am guessing that this will be an unpopular opinion, but I welcome this change. I don’t care that much about the mounts and transmog stuff that typically comes with the epic edition, but I think a $25 premium for both beta and early access makes it worth it.

Epic Edition:   $90
Base Edition:  ($50)
30d Game Time: ($15)
               -----
Total Premium:  $25

On any given expansion launch day when I am typically fighting with a zillion other players at quest hubs i would gladly had paid $$ to skip ahead a bit. This way i can level up with a smaller crowd over the weekend! Not having to take off work for a launch is so quality of life for me.

My hope is that a staggered launch also makes stuff go smoother for all players.

2 Likes

My husband’s job is M-F. And what he does, he can’t easily take time off, nor is there anyone to switch days with. He is beyond geeked at the thought (if launches follow the typical pattern, so that the 3 days early fall on the weekend) enjoying the early access/soft launch on his days off.

2 Likes

For an old game like this, they would be better off implementing polling in the actual game with some sort of minor benefit. I have to imagine most people still don’t ever visit the forum, and new and returning players less. Even with an easily accessible polling mechanism, I would think the majority of your player base would still skip it but you would at least capture more.

I am not sure what kind of person would actually support this type of game decision to hide a 30 dollar sucker transaction behind 3 days early access, and I have to imagine the vast majority of the player base is against it assuming they get fair treatment.

Ya, most people can probably afford it. Some people can’t and it may irritate them enough to not buy it and quit. Some people may be sick of these money grabbing antics aka me and quit.

But the integrity of the game is falling apart, and they have a chance to save it by actually fixing some of these integral problems.

its my christmas gift im gifting to myself. im buying all of it. ALL OF ITTTT

2 Likes

Ahhh yes, lets compare a mmo to a gatcha game or other gaming genres instead of comparing them to other mmo’s. Because WoW’s biggest comeptitor isn’t these other games but actual mmos. :roll_eyes:

That isn’t a valid excuse, next.

Extremely valid point, crazy how no one is talking about this.

Ok, let’s compare it to other MMO’s. if you think WoW is predatory don’t look at Black Desert Online or Elder Scrolls online or Star Trek Online or Blue Protocol…should I go on? It doesn’t matter the genre of game. Predatory sales tactics are the same regardless of genre. WoW is one of the least predatory ones out there, especially if you are only looking at the cost of different expansion editions at different price points. The only version you need is the base one that’s $50. The rest just have extra stuff that isn’t necessary in the least and Blizzard isn’t using deceptive tactics to trick you into buying them. You’re just moving goal posts now to support your position.

I’ll wait til a day or so before release day and put my money down then, a lot can happen between now and then.

i did not buy the xpac for 3 day in advance, it was for the beta part i bought it, the 3 day ahead for me is just be ahead and have better server stability. if people buy it for the 3 day who cares.

1 Like

I do. It’s a terrible design that promotes AH abuse and completely ruins the WoW economy.

No. No it really doesn’t. Not one single person has been able to articulate exactly how the AH will be abused by people putting r1 crafting mats or crafted items on the AH within that 3 day period.

bro the ah is ruined since wod and bots…