3 days early access for 90$ (community discussion and poll)

It’s interesting that you responded to this when it wasn’t aimed at you…

No, you’re still ignoring what I clearly explained.

1. I do not think early access should exist.

2. They already advertised it for this expansion and sold it as part of the pack, so I understand that they can’t just delete it from the pack

3. The best alternative would be to offer a free twitch promo and/or other free promos to nullify it so everyone can start on the same day regardless of what version they bought

It will still be packed. People that level during the 3 days will be leveling alts on release day. Myself included.
You also have all the players that aren’t getting the epic.

IMO the early access is a great way to bug test prior to launch, which me thinks is the main reason they are trying it.
I don’t know if you were here day 1 of DF, but the boats were broken for a lot of people. So they couldn’t even start the xpac.

Now imagine, you have people testing it 3 days prior. Now those bugs get identified 3 days sooner so they can patch it for release day. But that’s just my tinfoil hat theory :wink:

1 Like

According to Data for Azeroth only 1% of players in North America own the Algarian Stormrider mount which comes with the heroic and epic editions of the expansion. So right now, at this point in time, even being super generous and saying that the entire 1% is all epic edition purchases, 1% of the total North American retail WoW population has early access. You are complaining about an extremely small number of players getting 3 days early access. And we have a year or more before the expansion releases. So at this moment your arguments are meritless because 99% of players are going to play on launch. And I highly doubt that the needle will move very far towards enough players getting the Epic Edition in the next 12 months to make a noticeable impact on anyone’s experience playing on launch day.

Don’t forget, 1 year expansions for $90 a pop surely will do great. On top of game time cost. Blizzard pulling an RS3 on themselves at this point but they did bad by adding mtx and all the money grabbing nonsense to classic too so they won’t have anything to fall back on.

Well like the rest of your posts, it’s pretty easy/safe to assume it was directed at me rofl. No mental gymnastics for your posts.

Care to call me an alt to my face or…

1 Like

Oh you’re one of those people lol

You see, dear friend …

Everyone in this thread is my alt.

Everyone.

Yes, even you.

Even You.

1 Like

Oh no! You caught me! I mean you!

Foiled by myself again… again!

1 Like

to be fair, it’s a public forum so you welcome everyone to join in.

1 Like

No I’m not ignoring that, but ultimately what you’ve told me is that if they give out early access as a free promo, you will get it, even though other people still don’t get it for whatever reason. You will still be participating in early access. You aren’t nullifying early access, you are just now one of the participants. You just don’t think you should have to pay for it.

So you are not against it in principle.

I also agree that it will be good for server stress/bug fixes and ifentification. That said i also believe they should have that squared away before relase. They should use the alpha/beta to prioritize stability and bug fixes to ensure a smoothe release. I recognize the pros of both stances on this subject, i just believe that a mixture of both can be achieved to make everyone happy.

1 Like

It’s funny that you initiated conversation with me and then implied I direct significant posts at you…which is all you’re doing to begin with. Trust when I say I would have rather you never replied to me at all… I’m not a fan of that huge chip on your shoulder.

I’m not even sure if thats possible. I don’t think the stability is a backend issue but rather there is just so many people it can’t be helped. It’s effectively a ddos. They can do things to mitigate it but ultimately until the load in each zone is more spread out the issue will remain.

1 Like

Well that’s not true. You’re only here to troll, if no one replied to you, you wouldn’t be here.

I agree, but the resources to have a bigger beta to fully stress test the way they are needed probably isn’t feasible with the amount needed to be valuable. Which is why stuff like the boat go missed until launch day.

1 Like

I love this myth. So much fun. Metzen “we want the saga to be done by 2030.” It is 2023. So if the expansion comes out in 2024 as advertised it can go from 2024-2026, 2026-2028, 2028-2030 and still be done by 2030. Metzen and company said they want to keep the pace up with content releases like they have for this expansion. This expansion will have 3 story impactful seasons, and a fated mini-season at the end. This expansion will have had a 2 year life cycle. Where y’all keep getting 1-year expansions is beyond me.

2 Likes

Bro, it doesn’t matter that it’s been going down or above. That’s the nature of the game. Until it’s on life support, it’s not dying.

Once it’s on life support, you can tell us and anyone else it’s dying.

That’s fair, actually, yeah. I think most people only take what, 75ish?

Ey man, I don’t prance, alright? I bounce.

2 Likes

It astounds me how few people take into account context… I said it was interesting and that does not imply intent to suppress so… What’s you point?

If everyone else is the problem, you may be the problem

1 Like