3 days early access for 90$ (community discussion and poll)

That’s already been discussed a lot.

The mounts and pets may have $0 in value to many players.

The boost has $0 in value for many players.

The only indisputable value is $15 for game time which leaves the early access at $25.

Hate to break it to you, but FOMO is a thing every corporation uses, and that’s not just games. That’s everything, including Walmart, Kmart, Kroeger’s, etc. They all do it, are you guys all trying to piss in their cheerios, too, or just blizzard’s? If not, then nothing more than hypocrites.

It’s an everyday thing for people. Every advertisement does it in some form or another, just like they do with their “sales” events and anything and everything else, too.

Wow is a business, businesses are here to make money, not anything else. They’re not here to be your friend or hold your hand. They’re here to make money.

Yeah, it’s fine. People are babies, after all, and that’s all it is is just people whining. I get the same way sometimes, like when I’m whining about how DoT specs aren’t fun to play anymore because they’re no longer about DoTs and stuff. So I get it, it’s just not gonna help or do anything.

1 Like

i have no problem with it.

fruit bowls, however…

Beta has a lot of value, dont’ forget people paid 1 year subscriptions in the past for the exclusive reason of getting a beta invite to MoP

That’s not how that works lol

1 Like

Most people I know always buy the max for the mounts and pets. One of my friends has 2 boosts still from previous purchases.
A lot of them want the beta access to, so that is invaluable.
Personally, I wanted the mount and pets and game time package. The early access is a very welcome addition in my book (because I would have gotten epic regardless).

1 Like

There are usually a lot of ways into beta.

Random invites still happen, I’ve gotten into a lot of betas just from that.

I got into the last beta pretty early from a twitter promo from the main WoW twitter account.

Streamers usually are given a bunch of beta keys.

Probably the most valuable thing, in the past people ebayed beta keys to games before they started being something attached to accounts.

That you think accounting expertise is a factor in not purchasing label over function and relative value/need is something else. Once again, have at it and good luck.

Here is the basic lowdown on this thing:

• Base Edition: $50 to get you to play w/ some purchase-perks
  • Heroic Edition: $70 to get you to play w/ same perks as Base Edition plus 250 extra tender, a mount and a transmog.
  • Epic Edition: $75 ($90 minus $15 for the free month included). The additional $5 gets you 250 tender, Beta access, a battle pet, a toy, a hearthstone effect and 3-days early playtime.

I’m not a psychologist but I’m guessing that most people that purchase WoW Base Editions are basically looking to play the game. I’m pretty sure this level has come with nothing special in the past. For those that like mounts/mogs/pets they will usually purchase a higher tier edition regardless. An extra twenty gets you some, an additional five dollars gets you the jackpot for extra perks and items. Early access is nothing more than another bonus item for a higher level tier.

1 Like

I’ve never been invited to a single one, which is a good example for this specific edition of the game.
But you definitely can’t disregard the other things. I’ve been using my new gryphon pretty much exclusively since the prepurchase. Used it for the dream gold race challenges too.

I would love to pay less and get everything except the early access.

What about the epic edition is “label over function”? This isn’t Kraft mac and cheese vs store brand mac and cheese. Purchasing the epic edition comes with a variety of additional, tangible, “functional” bonuses.

1 Like

There you are…Couldn’t stay away I see.

Who said I was trying? It’s kinda hard to ignore the stupid things you say

people have got like an entire year to either save a few bucks, or farm some gold.

1 Like

I bought the edition for the extras and didnt even realise the 3 day early access was in it until afterwards.

Its not going to have everything in it and by the time things really start up those 3 days wont mean anything anyways.

I think its a good way to help ensure server stability, have a reason to split the player base for that stability, and make Blizz some extra money.

The only issue I see is if one of your friends is unable to buy it and youre too rude to wait 3 days to play through everything with them.

And you are applying a global value, insinuating that if we purchase the $90 edition, we are squandering our money.

Yet again, you are entitled to your wrong opinion. Just don’t act like you speak for everyone.

^ /10char

^ also this, which I said to you earlier as well, to which you ignored.
$90 over the course of the year is literally nothing.

Oh nice, straight to the personal attacks. Maybe you need some sleep you have lost that loving feeling.

Oh no, personal attacks would be if I said you were stupid. The things you say are stupid. There’s a big difference.