3 days early access for 90$ (community discussion and poll)

Yeah, it’s been confirmed it’s just for leveling and/or gathering professions n stuff, that’s it. That’s all you get with it. No profession lockout/CDs, nothing advanced. Just “you get to farm more herbs/ore/skins and level up more toons.” So again, 99% of the playerbase will not be affected by it at all.

To those going “well, you get the gold from the herbs n stuff” yeah, but that doesn’t matter to more than 95% even 99% of the entire playerbase. Most aren’t looking to see how much gold things are and comparing it to last time. Most will just get a token, sell it for gold, and then buy whatever they need with said gold from token. Most people do not farm anymore. Most high end guilds have farmers helping them that go around farming herbs/ ore / skins for professions for their raid teams, so again they’re not affected by it either.

Yeah, and it’s very inarticulate, at best, of what they want. I mean I do get where they come from, but this is people being upset just for the sake of being upset. That or people being upset because top end is upset.

It’s the same as when people make tier lists, but put a warning at the beginning stating: “If you’re not doing top end of the top end of content, your spec is good for the content you are doing.” Yet still get irked because their spec is F tier or something and not S tier. It’s very stupid.

2 Likes

In the end, it makes them money like any other Microtransaction. Tons of money. That’s just how it goes.

I personally ignore this stance, Gold hasn’t mattered sense WoW tokens existed. It’s difficult to argue that 3days harms the integrity of the games gold system when there is a method of straight up buying gold.

When the time comes that WoW is monetized like a mobile game I will absolutely drop some “I told you so” comments in this forum with zero remorse.

One of the first comments I saw Phil Spencer make post-acquisition was that he was super interested in learning from Blizzard about their successes in the mobile gaming space… Thats where the money is and of course they want to expand that to all their games… It’s not even a question.

TL;DR, your biased opinion quoted here.
Because you don’t agree, you think it’s foolish. You are entitled to your wrong opinion after all.
And yes I was correct. You are essentially belittling people for spending their money how they want and further proved that point with this post lol.

So for MORE context. +$20 for the “most expensive thing available”

• 2 toys
  • 1 pet ($10 value)
  • 30 days game time ($15 dollar value)
  • Guaranteed beta access
  • Early access

Me thinks you are undervaluing the “most expensive thing available”, but it’s okay. I already bought it and many others already did and will do over the course of the coming year.

3 Likes

Who told you this? They were just lying to you because they don’t like the early access, and their motivational force to lie outweighed their repelling force to not lie.

anyone who thinks 3 days early access is something major, has clearly never been around for the first few days of an expansion.

people on the mega-servers will still be waiting in queues.
servers will still be down constantly for fixes.
the only thing which is going to happen, is the forum will be flooded with:

WHY DID I PAY EXTRA FOR EARLY ACCESS FOR A BROKEN GAME??

WHY IS THERE MAINTENANCE NEEDED 4 HOURS INTO AN EXPANSION??

etc.

2 Likes

I hope you don’t have a credit card…For your own sake.

Man you just can’t help yourself huh. I hope you aren’t an accountant irl.

Dismissing feedback in a gaming forum if it contains human emotion is bizarre. Do you think this is a physics discussion or something?

Players being unhappy with the change in launch being split instead of everyone at the same time is not only relevant but it’s the main point.

This was my first post in the thread. I mention that it splits the playerbase.

FOMO is also a real thing and people don’t like to be manipulated to maximize a companies profits, which is something I frequently pointed out.

I’ve explained how they did it in D4 and are now escalating to a worse version in WoW.

I offered a solution multiple times.

I pointed out that the outrage now is just the first taste of what will happen closer to launch. FOMO will kick into high gear just as early access is approaching, so it’s amusing people think this feedback is over the top now.

Plenty of other people simply stated that they didn’t like it. Valid feedback. Nothing remotely out of line or extreme.

Even some people who bought it have expressed they don’t like the idea of splitting the playerbase.

Pretty easy to find valid feedback just scrolling the thread. Skip past the pointless back and forth that have little value besides bumping the thread.

1 Like

Look, just because you don’t know how to responsibly own a credit card doesn’t mean everyone else doesn’t

3 Likes

If they have motivation force to lie on this, you are stating they have a vested interest in making sure there isn’t a 3 days early access, which just states they believe there is some harm from it. Which then confirms their words.

I understand you think you have some gacha with the logic but it’s perfectly principled and relays on known scientific reasoning of force vs compelling force to understand and predict outcomes.

You can’t even spell half the words you write, I’m really not taking you seriously at all at this point. Your posts are a joke for me. I laugh at them.

What does spelling have to do with logical understanding? At this point you are only looking for excuses to invalidate others thoughts, which only confirms my original belief that I have tried to keep to myself that you are merely a troll.

The people who have been there on launch day every time for 20 years are actually the most likely to care.

I’ve played on Illidan since TBC, so yea, I know a lot about server queues and launch day issues. More than most probably.

I also think splitting the playerbase into VIP launch and peasant launch is a terrible idea.

2 Likes

Of course. That’s where the money is. Though I doubt WoW has any fear of that. The microtransactions alone do what they’re supposed to. Make money.

I read an article earlier today where a former employee mentioned that the sparkle pony made more revenue than SC2…and that game moved millions of units.

They are in the business to make money.

I’m not looking for them, you just keep handing them to me

I think I’m going to make my life less annoying and put you on block with other trolls. Enjoy the void.

Which (I think) is exactly the point.

Going up from base, you get:
+$20
Heroic:
A mount
A transmog set

+$5
Epic:
A pet
A toy
A hearthstone

How did I come up with $5 for epic?
Factoring out the free game time, which you would have to pay $15 for on all lower editions.

2 Likes

Finally /10char