3 days early access for 90$ (community discussion and poll)

More specifically I stated I see how it can be harmful to peoples experiences. For the majority of the time I took a neutral stance, and have on multiple occurrences throughout the thread and other threads stated I don’t see it as a big deal personally.

No evidence, guess you’re the minority.

The fact that the first mount in WoW made more money than Starcraft 2 wings of liberty, just means that people have too much free money that they probably shouldn’t have.

You mean like positive negativity, which you exude a lot of?

You haven’t given a good reason for it to exist, meaning you’re being hypocritical.

I’m sure the most negatively reviewed games win awards. In their popularity contests.

I haven’t, all you’ve showcased is you’re a troll - a jester. We’re done here right here, I will ignore you and hit that ‘like’ button you so described. You waste your time with the rest of your post and you prob won’t be able to later.

Yeah but the thing is, you’re lying to me, as people do always

It’s more a belief that granted sufficient motivation to do so without sufficient reason not to business’s and politicians will lie to you. And on a smaller scope the same is true for people. The question here is how much motivational force does it take to push someone to lie, and how much repelling force does it take to stop them from doing so.

That is called paranoia, which at the level you are ascribing to yourself is not healthy or normal. People lie, yes, it happens. But to go through life with the “belief that granted sufficient motivation to do so without sufficient reason not to businesses and politicians will lie to you” not a good mindset.

1 Like

To believe that Blizzard is lying about something as simple as Metzen being back in the role they say he’s in is just, it probably requires professional help.

I think you missed the previous context of the conversation but sure.

It’s a perfectly principled belief that is not aligned at all with paranoia. Paranoia is specifically believing people are out to get you, harm you, or otherwise do harmful things at nearly all times. My statement is not this as it recognizes the forces at play.

Sufficient reason to lie: You got caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

If no repelling force is present lying could get you out of trouble so there is only benefits to be gained here. However adding the repelling force that lying would get you in more trouble this may then cause the person to not lie. This basic principle can be applied to all things, but one must measure the degree of repelling force it would take for one to stop lying and how much motivational force it would cause one to lie.

When the motivational force outweights the repelling force the outcome is most likely a lie.

I didn’t say upset, I said affected by it. There’s a difference.

Yes and again, nobody is talking about being upset. I was saying affected by it, as it “it 100% applies.” Take out the emotional aspect of it, and 99% of the playerbase is 100% not affected by this. The only ones who are are those who play the top of the top of the AH/profession stuff, which is very few.

Yeah, long term practical value is what matters more.

Well yeah, the entire point of the last pack is to get as much bang for your buck as you can to justify a 90 dollar game.

Yeah, but again, it’s not going to affect more than 1% of the entire playerbase.

People keep assuming stuff like “They will be ahead of me in gear.” No, not really. Maybe 2 item levels ahead, but outside of that like…you can’t/won’t be able to do world quests until the release. You won’t be able to do dungeons until the release. You won’t be able to raid until release. There’s no PvP until release, outside of world pvp I suppose. There’s nothing but leveling and/or professions, that’s it. Many people in this game don’t care for professions, they made them too complicated for most players to understand and even get into, so again that doesn’t matter.

I’ll restate: for 99% of the entire playerbase, this does not affect them. The only ones this affects would be the top of the top and it’s those who play the auction house, that’s it.

If you don’t play the AH and you’re not the best of the best at it you’re not gonna be affected by it so the complaining is just noise for the sake of being noise, which is stupid.

There is no world/server firsts anymore. They got rid of that many expansions ago.

There’s world first in raiding, sure, but the 3 day early access, again, isn’t going to allow you to do anything but level up toons, not even get them gear. So once more, it’s just a leveling thing.

3 Likes

No. Not at all. That is not “a perfectly principled belief” in the slightest. You have convinced yourself that people will always have motivation to lie to you. You said you believe that Chris Metzen is little more than a puppet being used by Blizzard to quell the masses because Blizzard has reasons to be untruthful. Metzen retired at 45 years old. He was home raising his kids, enjoying his family, starting his own passion project gaming business. Do you honestly believe that he would come back to Blizzard to just be the face of WoW at great risk to his reputation when he can easily stay home and live out his retirement? You know how much lack of self-respect and dignity he would have to have to agree to come back to Blizzard and be what you believe? You realize one of the deciding factors in his retirement was social anxiety (which i also suffer from and can tell you is not fun in the least) and how he’d get extremely stressed at all the Blizzcon presentations? You think a man who endured that would agree to be a figurehead that would put all eyes on him just for a paycheck? Come on…

2 Likes

Oh no I didn’t. You were talking about how buying the epic edition is a poor use of money. Don’t worry, I read through the chain.
It’s still an awful stance. People can do what they want with their money regardless of what YOU personally think is good or bad.

That’s been done already, try to keep up.

Simp less for corporate greed also, it’s boring.

Psst, sharding exists now.

There’s plenty if your head isn’t in the sand.

That doesn’t make my belief less a perfectly principled belief, it just means there was factors I missed in the assessment of the possibility. It still holds true that there is two forces at play when it comes to telling the truth or lying and that is motivation to lie, versus compelling force not to. In this instance your presented compelling force on Metzens behalf to not go a long with such a lie. It doesn’t change the principle I mention however It only changes the outcome.

3 extra days in normal/heroic dungeons (if that’s even active). Raid won’t even unlock until week 2. Same with keys and all that.
So it’s literally 3 days to level. Which is honestly fantastic because I can get my main out of the way, and level my main m+ alt (this hunter) on release day with friends.

And if anything, this probably hurts those who get to level 3 days earlier. You’ll most likely be locked out of 70 m+, maybe raids. No telling what the restrictions will be for the level gap and what content will actually be available early. Me thinks little to none other than just leveling and side quests.

Server queue times and fighting over quest nodes still exist though, especially day 1 on higher pop servers.
Actually, I am on a low pop server and day 1 kind of sucked because of sharding. It was cool seeing a bunch of people, but when the boat dropped us off, we were fighting for tags.

You know I’m also looking for the poll itself. I think we may need to make a strawpoll or something and link it here, if we can.

But I bet 99% of the people voting against it won’t be affected by it and also don’t realize what you even get with the 3 day access.

2 Likes

This is a big thing, I think. The way some of these people are talking, you’d think people are going to be clearing mythic raids on launch day.

I’m not trying to be snarky or anything, but can you please cite one example of this in this post here, because everything that Turandotte said is true. Every bit of feedback is based on an emotional response from the person posting. “It’s not fair” “I don’t like” “Corporate greed”. Those are not examples of constructive feedback. Feedback such as “If the mid-tier and highest tier had varying levels of early access such as mid gets 3 days while highest gets 5 days would make paying for the 2 levels a better value.” is good feedback. Saying “Grr arg corporate greed, your all shills and are ruining my game” is not.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, this is GD, where feedback usually = ‘sellout’.

This is what I said:

“I think you are conflating having no money with choosing to not make poor decisions with your money… Just because you have money doesn’t mean you have to buy the most expensive thing available…What is that? It sounds like a recipe for debt…”

I later reinforced the concept with another individual that clearly took this personally regardless of the general nature of the statement.

You applied a general concept directly to the purchase of the Xpac and did it without context… If you don’t understand what you did it changes nothing.

If you are upset by what I said in the proper context then ok… Supporting or participating in foolish behavior is your right, I never said it wasn’t and honestly have at it!

Mythic raids isn’t the only thing people care about there is a variety of things people care about some player power attached others are not.

Subjective experiences of gathering memories such as memories of racing friends or guild members to max level are compromised, as is the feeling of being surrounding by multiple people. And while people -hate- the queues there is also a positive feeling attached to waiting in such a line. It makes the world feel a live and to some losing this also feels harmful to the experience. Then there is things such as cosmetics that may not be intended to be released but do anyways, or changed during those 3 days. This is something we are currently experiencing with how to get the horns for example. Imagine if that happened during the 3 day lock out? People wouldn’t have had the chance to do it all and only those that paid would.

Do these things matter in terms of player power of course not. But they still harm these types of players personal experiences and in MMo’s personal experience and memories is very important many people are still hooked to this game because of their nostalgia.