3 days early access for 90$ (community discussion and poll)

Do you always buy the most expensive version of everything all the time without evaluation of the item? If so, then yes, my opinion is that you are making poor choices when purchasing.

If you take issue with someone else having an opinion on a public forum then try to not pluck a random statement out of a topic, remove the context and then take it personally.

It ain’t worth the extra money quit wasting your money. An extra mount pet who cares how many we got now a thousand tenders worthless to.

I understand your confusion, in this instance I wasn’t communicating about WoW specifically but business’s in general. Which I feel should of been easy to note considering I mentioned other games in the post. In this manner I mean more specifically that it’s difficult to get business’s to stop harmful practices because we are willing to continue to purchase them for our own comfort or reasoning. While also recognizing holding them accountable isn’t everyone’s responsibility. In similar vain of my PC and labor abusive practices that are used in creating pc parts I mentioned earlier. I am part of the problem, however it’s also not my responsibility as my main responsibility is to look out for my own interests.

Base edition is 50 USD
You get the game, dragonflight, level 70 boost, and 500 traders tender

Epic edition is 90 USD
For 40 USD more you get 500 traders tender, a customizable dynamic flying mount, a transmog set, pet, a toy, a hearthstone effect, 30 days of game time, beta access, and finally, 3 days early access

yep , The extra gear with teh boost , the pet, mount, toy and 30 day gametime are what makes it worth it . beta and 3 days early didnt come into my consideration when deciding what pack I was going to spend my gold on . i wasnt going to nominate for beta this time around and 3 days when all you can do is level your character is nothing special

1 Like

Well your opinion is wrong. It’s my money, I earned it. I’ll spend it on whatever the hell I want. When you start giving me an allowance every month with stipulations that I purchase what you consider the best value when I buy anything then maybe I’ll take your opinion into account. Until that time I will buy what I want.

And like you said, its a public forum, you presented an ignorant opinion, just as you have the right to express it I have the right to tell what I think about your opinion.

3 Likes

For an eradar my heretical degeneracy far outstrip you. I have very little restraint when I’m low on tenders for the month.

Cool glad you are super angry about something you took out of context. Buy all the wrong stuff, Heck! buy stuff you don’t need, have at it… Just don’t expect others to tell you it was a good idea…

Well no I wasn’t confused. “Harmful things” is entirely too vague to have any meaning, as we’ve already established here that something you and others consider harmful (early access), isn’t actually objectively harmful.

So when you say it’s hard to get businesses to stop doing harmful things if people keep paying for it, which harmful things are you talking about? Are you referring to actual harmful things that don’t do any good for anyone, like spilling a ton of oil in the Gulf of Mexico, or are you talking about negligible things that some people just don’t like, like early access in WoW?

Why do you keep thinking I, or anyone else, would care one iota if you thought it was a good idea. Are you a narcissist? The world doesn’t revolve around you or your opinions of other people.

1 Like

I never said it did. The only person revolving around me right now is you…

I swear this entire thread is full of people like that. If they don’t personally like something (early access), that means it’s inherently harmful. If they don’t personally want to, or have the money to spend on something, it’s a poor decision.

There’s a lot of that going around society these days. Everyone has main character syndrome and thinks everything needs to be the way they prefer it.

3 Likes

I don’t see where it matters, if people see it as harmful and wish it to stop. Having others continue to purchase it objectively makes it difficult to get the business to stop the said practice. I think most cases you have a good reason to counter point someone but in this instance it sounds like you are hung up on something and nitpicking.

It was a general statement on how people behave toward people that don’t pick the same hill to die on. The “harmful” practice is irrelevant to the point.

I have to say I am legit curious if you are talking to yourself in this response.

Maybe we need to redefine some terms here.

If someone feels like something (early access) is harmful to the game, they need to demonstrate how it harms the game.

If they just don’t like the fact that early access is an option, then it’s not a harmful thing to the game, it’s a harmful thing to that individual and their preconceived ideas of how things should be.

So I think what we have here is a bunch of people who are using “harmful thing” or “bad for the game” to express what is simply their own opinion, the dislike of a specific thing.

That’s where all the objective and subjective talk came in, that’s where there needs to be some type of proof or data or evidence of such a thing.

You are welcome to not like early access, but the claim that it’s harmful or bad for the game needs to come with something other than “well I’m not happy about it, and I may quit over it, so therefore it’s harmful to the game”. Because people quit this game every day and it’s still going strong, so if a few people quit over this, WoW will survive unscathed. So what harm was done to the game in that sense?

1 Like

Good points, but how does any of that apply to this? I was condemning people who act like others should withhold their money because they don’t share the same values as strongly.

It’s okay to admit your wrong and acted on some word that triggered you. It happens to the best of us.

I got it, Cause you know Pets and Mogs etc

1 Like

I agree with the overall sentiment of that post.

When you say “Does this make it difficult to get business’s to stop doing harmful things? Yes.”, what harmful things are you talking about? Because in this context, it seems to be implying that early access is a harmful thing, and we have still yet to establish that as fact.

So instead of saying “does this make it difficult to get businesses to stop doing harmful things”, what you’re really saying is “does this make it difficult to get businesses to stop doing things I don’t like”.

I know you think you were talking about businesses in general, but you related it to the context of this thread, so whether intentional or not, you still implied early access is harmful.

This is part of the terms we need to redefine, unless you can prove objectively that early access (or whatever else you’re referring to in other contexts) is actually harming the game. And we already agreed this isn’t something we can prove objectively, because it’s all subjective right now, so there’s no reason to include that line.

It’s not just me acting on some word that triggered me, it’s literally what this entire discussion is about: is early access actually harmful to the game, or are there just people who don’t like it?

1 Like

Not really, I was being slightly offtopic in response to another individual. I was showing empathy to how people was reacting to them. While someone could choose to combine the conversations it was more of an offshoot then directly related to the topic. But not so offtopic that it would need it’s own thread. Would be weird to @Someone and create a thread to say Hey, that sucks but it’s sadly how the world operates now. Continued use of the word Business’s and other examples should of made it painfully obvious it wasn’t connected directly to this topic but an offshoot. Alas, I understand using the word “Harmful” somehow triggers a response to you because you feel that 3days early access in an MMo is an acceptable practice that doesn’t harm the game in anyway.

It’s pointless greed on Blizzard’s part, I could understand if this was a SINGLE player game or we didn’t pay a SUBCRIPTION, but we do, so it’s uncalled for. Top this off with them announcing 3 expansions ahead.