3 days early access for 90$ (community discussion and poll)

It’s not harmless and it only has become ubiquitous because people haven’t pushed back hard enough on it yet.

It’s also completely new to this particular franchise and doesn’t fit well into it. Letting Blizzard know we want them to keep it out is what people are doing and should be doing if they don’t want it.

People haven’t pushed back enough because it’s harmless.

You have yet to prove that it’s harmful btw, you just keep repeating that it is.

If you want your feedback to bring change, you’re going to have to demonstrate how it’s harmful first.

Wouldn’t do that, that type of behavior only shows ones hypocrisy if you are not willing to accept your own contribution to the problems we face.

1 Like

Which is a fine opinion to have. Vote with your wallet, voice your displeasure. But spare me the disproportionate faux outrageous response.

More like: “I don’t like it when gaming companies raise the price of a game and then sell one with less features for less money”.

Less like:
“Blizzard is evil and greedy corpo-state that exists to pollute my personal pastime. Their marketing director should be fired”.

1 Like

I am fine with it staying… Unlike some I don’t plan to pay or play. No big deal, I’m just burning up the rest of my sub time reading comments from people that care quite a bit more than I do about WoWs future. I may come back and play post Xpac release once I have had a chance to read the feedback… I’ll let you burn 100 bones and test it for me.

I’m afraid you are going to be disappointed if you want something else from me Holmes.

You decided to participate in the discussion and be dismissive of it. The outrage is feedback directed to Blizzard, nobody needs to spare you from it. You could spare yourself at any point.

1 Like

You are one gnarly level 26 Gnome, nicely done.

1 Like

Thank you for telling me that

I have no expectations of people who just want to be upset about it, you have every right to your opinion

I do have expectations for the people who expect anything to change because they claim it’s harmful for the game. I expect them to be able to articulate how it’s harmful, objectively, and what the solutions to the problem could be. You can’t demand change without being able to articulate why it’s necessary or what it should look like.

It’s not feedback, it’s just blind rage

Feedback requires objective reasoning and often times evidence or examples of how it’s a problem, as well as potential solutions to the problems.

You’re just yelling about how upset you are.

Harm to whom? It harms Blizzard’s reputation, but they knew that and accepted that ahead of time.

The harm to the players is obviously subjective in how different players feel, which you might not care about since you simp for corporate greed. It is a real thing though. People will feel bad about being split into two different groups regardless of how minimal the impact is on long-term progression. People who may have participated in every or many previous launch days will now have to pay more to continue doing so. VIP access to something that used to be communal is a change that will generate ill-will among your players.

I already have in this thread and others. If they decide to change it, they likely can’t just change the packs for legal reasons since they already started selling it with certain things advertised. My solution is something they’ve actually done for other things in the past and just release a free early access promo via a twitch drop or something. That way the packs are unchanged and still give what they say they give, but anyone that wants early access could gain it via a free promo.

You are not objective and have chosen to ignore plenty of legitimate negative feedback about it.

Personally, I will probably get it fairly soon. I couldn’t care less about the three days but the little pet, toy and 30 days game time are all good.

:cookie:

1 Like

I ended up buying.
I’m happy with my purchase.

The end.

2 Likes

But you said they did it for Diablo too? So it clearly didn’t hurt their reputation that much if they’re doing it again for WoW, right?

I agree, the harm to players is subjective, which is useless to Blizzard, so ultimately useless in this context of trying to force change.

Interesting alternative to getting the early access. As someone who paid for the epic edition already, but not because of the early access, I wouldn’t care at all if they gave it away for “free” in that manner.

And if that got the people whining about how it’s corporate greed or unfair to some people to shut up, everyone wins.

See the problem I have is that a lot of people like you will complain about early access itself ruining the game, but you’ll gladly jump at the opportunity to get it for free. So it’s not a moral objection to early access being available, it’s that you don’t think you should have to pay for it. You think if it’s available, you’re entitled to it for free. That’s a big problem.

Are you under the impression that the state of Diablo 4 is currently super positive? Even some of its most popular streamers aren’t super positive about D4.

Granted the main negativity at this point has nothing to do with early access, though it had a very steady stream of negative attention from beta until now.

It’s not really, they do only tend to care if they think negative perception is coming from a large enough group. IE: my earlier example of the OW phone requirement change. They didn’t care at all when only a few people on the forums were commenting on it and only bothered to make a change when the pushback started coming from a larger group.

I didn’t say it ruined the entire game, I think I explained why it’s a huge negative though.

A free promo simply nullifies it so effectively there is no early access or separation of the playerbase in when they can access it. This is a solution simply because I don’t think they can change the packs after they already started selling them. If they could simply remove it that would be better, but I don’t believe it’s a option for legal reasons.

It was articulated many times by multiple people you just seem to lack the ability to retain anything you don’t like…

Yeah I mean you’re doing my job here for me. Thanks for that.

It is really because if someone feels negatively about early access, there’s going to be one other person who feels positively and one other person who doesn’t care, so trying to please everyone is impossible, so there’s no point in trying

Right so, they can’t remove it from the package for legal reasons, like you said. So if they start offering it for free, nullifying people’s early access they purchased, at its core, that’s effectively taking away early access, which would be similar to them taking it out of the package. So while I personally don’t care if people get it for free, they’re probably not going to offer it for free.

No it hasn’t. You already said it’s all been subjective.

They actually have done this before. I believe at least one example was also in D4. I’m not 100% sure but I believe some of the beta access that was given to pre-orders (before the open beta) was also given for free via a twitch drop or some other free easy access.

If I decide to play TWW I’ll probably buy the epic edition, regardless of the early access.

Then more power to you, I hope they do that for you.

But that would kinda fly in the face of your corporate greed angle though. I mean at least a little bit. If they’re giving it out to people for free after the fact, that’s not really greed.