*2nd Update 8/8/19* Classic wow - BG Forum Fam

Character name Mayhem, human warrior on beta pvp ally. Hit me up.

1 Like

Running in and dying so you didn’t get xp while your friends killed the boss. And then he didn’t drop your gear so you did it all over again. Or standing outside the instance to avoid xp while they killed trash mobs to get to the boss that dropped your gear. Wow, I had forgot about that. We did that so many times gearing our lvl 49 twinks. lol

1 Like

Hael meh!!

1 Like

Hmmk… I’ll think on it… I like the alliance part but am thinking RP server. Not for ‘RP’ (still dunno what that is exactly) but for hopefully better community feels/behavior/chat…

[edit]
Also… what do you guys think would be a good ranged class to roll if it won’t be geared well? I dislike PvE and don’t plan to pursue much outside of regular questing, possibly crafting, and uber-casual PvP rep/rank.

Not like Pallys can do much else in ‘nilla.

:yum:

1 Like

Sounds like hunter would be fun for that, which is probably what I’ll end up doing as a casual main. You can get a lot of kills in either instanced or world pvp without crazy gear, you can farm well, avoid some repair bills, and do pet stuff in the overworld. Despite the stigma, I always thought vanilla hunters were a really cool class, in the right hands. It’s pretty easy to play, but the really good hunters were something else.

Plus all of the scouting abilities and affinity to creatures makes it a really fun way for a casual solo player to go outside and explore.

1 Like

Ideally we would have picked rp-pvp server but blizz isn’t going to give us that.

1 Like

Oh, I wasn’t aware of that. They seem to retain better faction balance, so that would have been nice.

1 Like

I feel like they’re underestimating the relative number of players that would choose this, because I’m hearing a lot of people on various platforms express regret that they can’t roll RPPVP. I guess they have their sources and metrics to go from, though.

2 Likes

I want RP-PVP for a variety of reasons. Hopefully blizz will get their heads on straight in the next few months and put one out there.

I mean, Emerald Dream was RP-PVP and was released mid vanilla and was one of the most popular servers. I think they will come around.

2 Likes

RP-PVP is definitely best of both worlds. RP realms tend to have a better community and people seem to care about their characters more and pvp realms have that server rivalry mentality built into it.

2 Likes

I’ve watched videos of the classic WoW (I started mainly in BC, only doing a trial of vanilla I played like an hour or two of) and there is no way I can see myself enjoying it.

While I understand the whole “nostalgia”, some things are just better to rest in the past, and I feel this is one of them.

I am a PvPer (obviously) and I’ve never been a fan of gimmicky one-shots (not counting someone getting 1 shotted for being completely undergeared), never ending CC Rogues could do. Plus I never liked farming, and as it is I already stay around 2-5k gold without having to do it… I certainly don’t want to wait 5 months just to accumulate 500g.

Also PvP looked so… boring. Watching people look as if they only doing 2-3 abilities at one time… hoping for some proc to happen where they can hit one other button to get a massive crit-killing blow.

I mean if this is ya’ll cup of joe, then by all means knock yourselves out. But I remember Legion, and I already remember being one-shotted and one shotting others in WPvP… I was not a fan.

2 Likes

Different strokes for different folks. This isn’t a thread to bash retail and praise classic or vise versa. They both have a pro’s/cons list a mile long. People need and should play whichever version of wow they enjoy.

Most of us here are on each others btag list and already play with each other on retail so I just made the thread to hopefully get those interested in playing together instead of spread out across different servers and never seeing each other aside from a random cross realm bg. (no cross realm grouping in classic)

1 Like

I’M HERE TO BASH IT!

VANILLA IS EXACTLY WHY IT’S CALLED VANILLA, BECAUSE IT’S PLAIN, BORING, AND ONLY THERE TO MAKE EVERYTHING ELSE LOOK GOOD!

…

Okay so I don’t really hate it… I may play with a friend but I can’t see myself going long term rofl

3 Likes

Most classes today are a shell of their former selves. For example, warriors have to manage rage and “dance” between 3 stances to use abilities effectively. Today they are pretty much just caveman weapons.

I think that players that enjoy relying on other classes for synergy instead of everyone having a stun, a self heal, a sprint, a kick, etc the homogenization of classes today is what bothers a lot of classic-centric players. (As well as flying, LFD/LFR, epics having no meaning, RPG elements removed, etc)

To each his own though, retail has it’s own version of fun which i enjoy too. I just like the old game way better. :wink:

1 Like

Exactly. You play classes and not specs in classic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I get completely about the Warriors using stances, I mean I did play my Ret since Cata when we had Seals, and even preferred Empowered Seals which kept me busy and didn’t lack hardly any downtime so I’m all for those kind of mechanics…

I mean if they decide to ever drop a WoD expansion like they are doing with Classic, I will be right there excited, knowing I won’t be as disappointed as a Fat Kid at a Cake concert.

I saw Cake a few times. Good show. Last time was in upstate NY in like 08 or something around then.

Yeah, I am still torn between hunter, lock, or mage. Hunter is appealing for the reasons you mention. Wish I could do all three but I just won’t have time. My main goal will be to get to at least level 51 so i can queue AV when they release it. Other than that I’d like to enjoy some fun old-style world PvP.

Not interested in a gank server. I mean “PvP server.” Hopefully some really nice, super casual active guilds will turn up. That’s perhaps what I’m most angsted about after class choice. :smiley:

I hear you though I am likely a much more casual PvPer. At first I was rather nostalgic thinking about the ‘good old days,’ but then I recalled all the things about vanilla I would find exceedingly boring/tiresome today.

It’s funny to see people on the forums (not necessarily this one, mostly General forum) start namecalling as “kiddies” anyone who brings up the tedious stuff about vanilla. I mean, if folks are excited about repeating the tedium in anticipation of the greater things that come after, they ought to have at it. I’m just not excited about the PvE aspects - all of which I’ve done before and am not into grinding through again. Because it is a grind, no matter which way you slice it.