2h Frost (and Frostmourne) megathread

Okay, just making sure. That non-answer was your answer to a simple yes or no question.

If your not even going to even engage, then its not worth debating with you. Have a wonderful day.

3 Likes

Apocalypse was made up out of thin air with a similar backstory to frostmourne down to the nathrezim and corrupting the user.

1 Like

Transmog option to swap into 2hander look would fix the problem no? We can already mog whatever into dual daggers on feral or dual clws on guardian or sword+orb on fire etc. We go the tech, thhey just need to implement it

2 Likes

I like how you only quoted the part you have a reasonable argument against. Here is a more in depth explanation.

In an update in Legion (I think it was Legion) all the melee animations were updated. This was designed to work with a specific set of equipped weapons 2h or dw. Asking blizz to re-engineer how frost has melee attack animations is not something that needs to be a priority.

Also, just asking to equip a 2h and let us do our abilities with that is not as simple as people seem to think it is and would re-introduce one of the bigger problems Blizz solved with the standardized weapon equipment per spec: balancing the capabilities. This applies to a few other classes, but is most impactful (I think) for DKs - Additionally, they would not just do this for DKs, they would open up all weapon equipment for everyone, which would make us wonder how 2h ww monks would be balanced, or 2h DHs. Balancing the existing classes and abilities with the unpunning will be difficult enough without throwing this wrench back in the works.

Yeah, but they would still have the old animation files which were used for years and years. Just revert to those for the time being. Respectfully, its not that hard to do if they wanted to.

2 Likes

What about the other half of the problem of reverting us to 2h from dw mechanically. Simply mogging over doesnt work and we would be a unique case in mogging. Someone mentioned druids, but they dont have class attack animations tied to their melee weapons - so that isnt a good example.

They wouldn’t even need to do that, weapon animations are already there. They’d just need a frosty flair added and they would look fine.

2 Likes

That’s what I was trying to say too, even though I wanna reforge the real thing. The players would only get the replicas, while Bolvar would get the real deal if Frostmourne is reforged proper. I think he would let them get some kind of transmog recipe or something for Frostmourne while getting the real deal. We players won’t use it ourselves at all. And I was trying to point that out so many times already. I feel like a broken record after all that.

They need to add some flair to Bolvar, so I would be fine with whatever they can do by the end of this expansion to make him somewhat as cool as a character as Arthas was. Arthas was the main reason I initially became interested in WoW lore.

1 Like

A non-answer? I said it was irrelevant because it had nothing to do with what you were talking about.

Yes it did. Just because you say it doesn’t, doesn’t make it true.

1 Like

How bout I try answering for you like he and I both expected the question to be answered if you keep saying that examples from other media or other WoW items and lore are “irrelevant”?

My answer to him: No. It won’t mess with the lore of it at all since it’s not even the real Excalibur at all. Same thing would apply to Frostmourne transmogs, and the Frostmourne replicas we can buy in real life that are made out of metal.

No, it doesnt. You were not talking about just some blacksmith making a replica. You, again, were trying to inject a reason for us to have it, screwing up the lore of the game.

Frostmournes lore is over with, done, finished. Even in game, in the Libram of the Dead, it says “As one legacy ends, so another begins.” Move on.

I feel this quote will have endless mileage.

4 Likes

Look, as much as you guy wish to disagree with Kelliste they have a point. Frostmourne is an iconic weapon, and clearly, the developers have no desire for anyone, even frost DK’s with its shards, to possess it.

1 Like

That’s a fair argument. My issue is that she wont even acknowledge that a replica will have zero impact on lore. If you want to argue that the Frostmourne is too iconic to let other people have - that’s a legit argument that can be had. I disagree with it, but I get the counterpoint. That, however, is not her argument. Again, she wont even acknowledge that a replica will have zero impact on lore.

For instance:

What does that even mean. She is implying that a replica of a weapon does somehow affect lore, but wont planely state it because she knows its a ridiculous stance.

And then:

I never said to just give DKs THE Frostmourne, so this statement makes zero sense. She is trying to re-invent the argument and put words in my mouth.

2 Likes

That’s really the only valid argument for why it can’t (and sadly probably never will) happen, the “iconic weapon” thing doesn’t work since Legion.

2 Likes

I agree, unfortunately.

2 Likes

The iconic weapon thing works, because consider how long corrupted Ashbringer and Atiesh have been gone from the game.

Unlike Ashbringer, frostmourne is gone entirely, and atiesh is in the possession of Kaghar and was once available for players

1 Like

It could. When you start to think about different scenarios. Say Excalibur was real, and was thrown back into the lake, and then someone started walking around with a replica of excalibur. It could cause lore problems, he or she is now king and so on and so on.