2h Frost (and Frostmourne) megathread

Not about 2h vs DW but about supporting 2h… and not about Frostmourne should stay broken but trying to change lore to fit so Frostmourne can return because I want it. Thats what that quote is actually saying. Or in other words.

“I want an echo chamber”.

What…? English please.

1 Like

You were trying to touch lore to bring in the replica. You have failed to even give a good enough reason to give people a replica.

No… do I need to paste the definition of “Replica” again? for the third time.

2 Likes

Translation: I’m trying to weasel around the purpose of the thread.

3 Likes

If I ask a modern blacksmith to forge me a copy of Excalibur, am I messing with the lore of it?

5 Likes

Go ahead. Link it again, or should I link your posts where you were trying to get a Nathrezim into the middle of stormwind to “trick” us into helping it forge Frostmourne just to run away with the real one for its own purposes and we just get a replica?

Or im being realistic and working within the game itself. Frostmourne is done and the game has even stated as much. Its story has ended for a new story to begin.

That is not at all what I was saying… come on man. If you want to debate, debate. Don’t just make things up. I was arguing before that we could have a DK specific quest where a demon tricked us into thinking we were reforging a new Frostmourne only to be duped at the end and left with some crappy rusty old sword that merely looks like the Frostmourne. The point of the idea was to provide a quest which IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER messes with lore but results in DK getting a purely aesthetic option of transmogrifying to the Frostmourne.

No where did I mention that the demon was “just to run away with the real one for its own purposes.”

But back to my point, where you were trying to, again, change the subject and not answer the question I asked -

If I ask a modern blacksmith to forge me a copy of Excalibur, am I messing with the lore of it?

5 Likes

Did I make that up? No I didnt. You were trying to inject lore and change it. There is absolutely no reason for that quest. It makes absolutely no sense other than to give you what you want. Like I said, it can just be put in with the Arthas costume with the Halloween stuff.

And I would answer your question if it was actually relevant. That is not a relevant question at all since you arent going in game to a blacksmith and saying “can you craft me something that looks like this weapon”.

You were trying your hardest to make it work with lore, and it doesnt. Frostmourne is gone, its story has ended. Go use Shadowmourne.

What… Again - If I ask a modern blacksmith to forge me a copy of Excalibur, am I messing with the lore of it?

Just answer the question. Its a simply yes or no question.

2 Likes

You are just trying to change your argument and im not going to follow it. You clearly stated that you wanted a Nathrezim (and then changed it to a demon) in the middle of stormwind to trick us into creating it while they ran off with the real thing. Do you not remember me asking why the creators would need outside help? Or better yet, why other demons wouldnt just go to the Nathrezim to get it created?

You could just walk up and say “hey blacksmith, Ill give you 5000 gold to craft me this weapon!” “But sir, this is Frostmourne, I cant craft this” “Oh no worries, I just want it to look like Frostmourne”.

That isnt what you said however, but its where you are now trying to take the argument.

Oh my goodness, what I actually said was

People can scroll up and read the whole conversation within context if they wish. But that is irrelevant to the point I have been trying to make with you for four posts now for which you consistent try to change the subject by bringing in erroneous points which have nothing to do with the matter at hand.

You are arguing that bringing in a replica of Frostmourne would somehow break lore.

So I asked “If I ask a modern blacksmith to forge me a copy of Excalibur, am I messing with the lore of it?”

Can you please answer the question?

1 Like

Yes, they can. And I encourage people to go up and read it.

Really? Please answer, for the fifth time.

2 Likes

I already did, you just didnt like the answer. I said it was irrelevant.

Please forgive me, I missed the answer. May you repeat it or quote it for me so I can see it.

You just quoted it.

… Your answer to
“If I ask a modern blacksmith to forge me a copy of Excalibur, am I messing with the lore of it?”

is

“I already did, you just didnt like the answer. I said it was irrelevant.”

Or was is

I don’t actually see an answer anywhere. Its a yes or no question.

1 Like

You quoted it again.