2h Frost (and Frostmourne) megathread

You dont know the lore do you? They wouldnt need us to craft it when they didnt need us to craft it in the first place. You have a better chance of it being created as a toy during the Halloween event like the Arthas skin.

Like… i just don’t get it…

We can be tricked into thinking we are reforging a new Frostmourne. We don’t ultimately reforge a new Frostmourne. we get some crappy replica.

How is that not plausible?

2 Likes

Because they dont need our help in crafting it, even a fake.

I’m starting to warm up to you here, but right now you seem to be attending the Politician’s School of Answering Every Question Except the One That Was Asked.

3 Likes

I was already trying to point out so many times that even though I wanna reforge the real deal, WE won’t be using it ourselves, just copies, dummies, or whatever that are rewarded for reforging it in the first place! And that we would be giving the real deal to a lore character to use, Bolvar in this case. What’s so wrong with that anyway? The lore can be made to justify that as well!

1 Like

Then there needs to be a clear question.

trick
/trik/
verb
past tense: tricked ; past participle: tricked
deceive or outwit (someone) by being cunning or skillful.
“buyers can be tricked by savvy sellers”

2 Likes

Why would Death Knights give up their weapons to give it to Bolvar that is a disgrace? Just because its needed? And why would he want to wield a soul stealing runeblade? Would Ner’zhul be in it as well that was probably the source of the corruption of the wielder?

One basic rule of writing is that you need a reason for something happening, and it also has to fall in line with the character.

Why would they trick us? Again, they dont need our help since they did it once already.

It would just be sidequest for DKs, not a central plot point.

In the same vein, why would heroes want to go look through animal poop for random NPCs, as we did in nearly every expansion.

2 Likes

Because they’re demons and enjoy playing on the greed of others.

Plot hole filled.

2 Likes

Bolvar would already be using it in the final raid as part of the main story, but the process of HOW it got to be reforged anyway would be a side-quest not part of the main story. And that last one was pretty gross, but I think you made a good point regardless.
Also, I think the quest could begin with Bolvar asking the player if they want to live through the experience of how Frostmourne came to be reforged anew, with the quest ending with Bolvar finishing that story of how Frostmourne came to be truly reborn. and it falling into his possession.

2 Likes

5 Likes

To find something important, and Blizzard likes poop jokes.

That’s a non-response, and doesn’t even make sense.

3 Likes

It is a response and makes perfect sense. You asked why Blizzard would make the player dig through poop in every expansion. To find something important, and Blizzard likes poop jokes. What is hard to understand?

The original spirit of the question was “Why would they trick us?”

I responded “Because they’re demons and enjoy playing on the greed of others.”

Care to focus on the main point please, I referenced the poop quests to underline the fact that not every quest needs to be deeply grounded in ten years of lore.

2 Likes

Then dont ask other questions.

And if you are diving into 10 years of lore, you cant really ignore it.

Again, that’s an answer to a question I didn’t ask.

2 Likes

Alright, lets just say they came to “trick” us just to play a joke which that is more in line with an Imp and not the Nathrezim.

So one comes down to Azeroth, what do you think is going to happen to them? They will be dealt with by force. Take Lothraxion for example, he is a Nathrezim infused with the Light and the people of Azeroth was ready to cut off his head just based on the actions of all the other Nathrezim.

Not to mention the Death Knights probably wouldnt work with any of them either because they were an enemy of Arthas. He chased Mal’Ganis and was looking for more power just to kill him.

Sorry, but it makes no sense.