2h Frost (and Frostmourne) megathread

I was already trying to suggest a questline to reforge Frostmourne proper, using the Forge of Domination and a similar process to Shadowmourne, for Bolvar to wield against Sylvanas and the Jailer. With the reward being a tmog of it, and the ability to unlock other skins for your copy of Frostmourne. But glad we have pretty much the same idea regardless.

1 Like

Bliz should add lots of transmog rewards for tedious late-game quests/tasks. That would give me something to keep focused on between content.

The Forstmourne skin is one for DKs, for sure.

2 Likes

Why the hell would blizzard allow players to possess a lore-only weapon that was shattered in lore and in game, and reformed into two 1hers and corrupts the wielder? Frostmourne isn’t going to happen lol.

Please explain.

2 Likes

Apocalypse is essentially Frostmourne. Right down to the corrupting the wielder thing.

In fact, Apocalypse not only taints the wielder, but people just in the vicinity of it were tainted. Arguably worse than Frostmourne.

3 Likes

I suggested allowing players to create replicas, for transmog. No lore would ever be bothered by that.

Like I said, win-win.

2 Likes

It was originally made by the Nathrezim who can’t get there. Like blizzard said the only way to get there was death prior to the breaking of the helm which somehow breaks the barrier into this world.

Frostmourne, the helm and armor were made by demons. I don’t know why people don’t get this. Just running with Blizzards bad writers who don’t know what is going on in previous lore.

2 Likes

I already said that even though I wanna reforge the real deal, we’re only gonna get replicas for it as a reward for reforging Frostmourne proper. Bolvar’s gonna be the one wielding the real deal in the final raid, not us players. But regardless, Konstantínos and I had the same idea. I’m glad you’re trying to help point that out too.

2 Likes

It doesn’t exist anymore and was only ever wielded by one person, then was shattered by Tirion and Ashbringer. And in lore, it was explained that it corrupts the soul of the person wielding it. Apocalypse existing with the same backstory is irrelevant.

Pretty sure there have been several blue posts from Blizzard explaining that it will never be obtainable by players.

Mauden already explained that though, and Apocalypse, the Blades of the Fallen Prince, and Shadowmourne were said to potentially be just as dangerous, if not worse, than Frostmourne itself. If we can control ourselves using them all as Death Knights, then Frostmourne would be no exception to that at all!

1 Like

Yeah, thanks Trumpknight
 this is why I can’t do these forums anymore.

rep·li·ca

/ˈrepləkə/

noun

noun: replica ; plural noun: replicas

1. an exact copy or model of something, especially one on a smaller scale.

My point was to not mess with lore, the weapon is from the Shadowlands, created by demons. We are going to the Shadowlands, a realm populated by demons

We could find a random demon who knows how the weapon was previously made, he sends us on a grindy quest to do xyz. We are rewarded with some inferior weapon named something like “You-Wish-This-Was-Frostmourn” or “Frostmourne-Not-So-Much.” The end result is we have the ability to transmog our weapon into Frostmourne.

Lore is not touched. DKs get a Frostmourne transmog. Win-Win.

4 Likes

We know what a replica is, but that isnt the only thing that you talked about. You said it was created in the Shadowlands which is what my post was addressing.

The lore is already being messed with. It is NOT from the shadowlands. It was created by the Nathrezim who have their own forges, and Kil’jaeden has a habit of binding peoples souls to objects. There is absolutely no reason the Nathrezim or Kil’jaeden needed to go to the Shadowlands and Blizzard has already said that demons dont go there as well as saying the ONLY way to get there was death, until now.

The lore is being clearly retconned because Blizzard wants to explore the Shadowlands, didnt know how to get there, and wants some more LK and DK lore that doesnt involve Demons because people are sick and tired of them by now.

Whatever, who cares. The sword can be from Timbuktu, crafted by the Mali in the 13th century for all I care. My point is, we can meet up with some random demon, or Nathrezim (which are demons), and they agree to tell us the story of how the weapon was made and assist us in creating a copy of it, only to trick us in the end by escaping and leaving us with an incomplete and crappy version of the Frostmourne
 which the end result would be leaving us with the Frostmourne skin.

3 Likes

Apparently you dont see the problem here. If the Nathrezim, who are demons, created the armor, helm, and Frostmourne, and demons cant get to the Shadowlands by Blizzards own admission, then how would they use this forge?

The Shadowlands isnt populated by demons, its populated by mortal souls.

Its called a retcon and a bad one at that.

Then they meet us in Stormwind and try to guide us through the process while we venture in Shadowlands.

Its not complicated. I feel like you are just trying to nitpick problems to say its impossible for some reason unbeknownst to me. Bliz can figure it out, its a video game. You can come up with a very plausible story which fits within the lore.

2 Likes

I just explained it. Blizzard created this impossibility. The only way that this could even remotely happen is if we go to the Nathrezim Homeworld and force them to do it.

Huh
 That makes no sense. Why can’t some rogue demon approach us? Again - reference the replica definition. We wouldn’t be making the actual Frostmourne. We would be tricked into thinking we are re-forging the Frostmourne, only to get some crappy sword that just looks like the Frostmourne.

Your logic baffles me. I am done.

3 Likes

My logic? What was your post then? Sorry but that makes absolutely no sense what so ever. You do know that the Nathrezim arent liked on Azeroth, they are basically the reason why Arthas seeked out Frostmourne which lead to him going on a campaign against life on Azeroth.

Okay. Thank you. There are many demons which can claim to know how to craft it. Moreover, there can be some random Nathrezim that wants to use us for some end which benefits them, but also results in us getting a crappy weapon. But, you are the one that keeps trying to insert Nathrezim into the conversation, not me.

Its a video game and we can PRETEND to be a gullible sap.

I’ll say it again - Its a video game, we have the freedom to pretend.

2 Likes