2h Frost (and Frostmourne) megathread

hey play nice please

1 Like

You wanted to respond to me, but when presented with evidence you run away.

Nice alteration of what I said too. Didnt want to include the rest of the quote? Maybe because it shows you are ignoring stuff?

I’m not going to argue with you any further Kelliste. I’ve said what I think was proper, and I will let others judge what I said. I am not running away, I simply do not believe we have anything further to discuss and believe my evidence and statements as valid as yours. As I said before however I wish you the very best and hope that you have a happy holiday season.

Cheers. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What evidence?

I dunno if you got that backwards or not, cause I think in this case, Kelliste is Daffy and we’re Bugs. But either way, I liked that analogy you made back there. It gave me a laugh also. Just like Tom’s “Don’t you believe it!”

1 Like

At least I show something and you do what? Talk sh!t about me over and over?

I’m about to have some of Aunt Southie’s Homemade Chess Banana Pudding. You’re damn right I’m going to have a happy holiday season.

4 Likes

Sounds pretty nice. As for me, I’m gonna find something I like to have from one of the restaurants I like to go to and go play some more Spyro and Doom. Hope you also have a happy holidays too out there.

1 Like

if Frostmourne became moggable, rp servers would be a nightmare to play in…

I don’t think that would necessarily happen. I think they can just simply not use Frostmourne in said servers. But if they try to work it into their own RPs, then that might be another can of worms to deal with. I just want the HUGE mistake from Legion to be fixed already.

Oh I don’t know. I heard Private Ownsusohard has actually turned quite respectable in the last 11 years and now is a pillar of his community, and the leader of a local Cult in service to N’zoth. <:)

3 Likes

I cannot agree on this aspect, as it was stated explicitly that the helm/armor as well as the blade were formed by the Nathrezim who had abilties in the aspect of manipulating souls as well as skill in creating things.

It was a literal retcon, where they stated the helm and blade were made in the shadowlands. The nathrezim CANNOT go to the shadowlands because they can’t die permanently and don’t have any means of doing so outside of raising the undead.

I don’t think we were given an explicit explanation for HOW they created the armor and Frostmourne though. So I really hope Blizz makes it so that the Nathrezim found a way into the Shadowlands to force the owner of the Forge to help them make the Helm of Domination, the Plate of the Damned, and Frostmourne.

That is the thing though, before the shadowlands release it stated the Nathrezim forged the blade and helm themselves. Not that they had someone else do it.

Kelliste, is that you?

2 Likes

That’s the thing I said earlier though. We don’t know what the Nathrezim were before they were Demons. For all we know, the Nathrezim were a race of beings that dwelt in the Shadowlands but were able to cross over into the physical world. If they were, both descriptions could apply even still.

If the Nathrezim served Elune and the Jailer (and if both are akin to Uranus and Gaia as I suspect them to be) then that means all of Blizzard’s statements are still completely accurate. We know the Jailer and Orobos pre-dates the Titans, that the Great Ordering that created the Naaru occurred before the Titans as well, and that Xal’atath as a being is far older than even the Old Gods.

We assumed Xal’atath was an Old God. …But what if the brethren she speaks of are the Void Lords? What if the thing done to her that was so bad was ‘caging’ a 4th dimensional being in our mundane 3 dimensional existence, ala the Wave Existence from Xenogears fame?

We know that there was a race before the Draenei that trafficked with the Naaru and Lothraxion shows Nathrezim ‘can’ use the Light. Is Lothraxion a Demon still? Not likely. Demonic is a reversible condition as the Night Elf / Satyr quest shows.

The issue here isn’t that there was a retcon, but merely that people don’t know everything yet, and cry foul before having all the facts. That in and of itself is simply ignorance, so I merely counsel we all take a ‘wait and see’ approach.

If a Doomguard before it was a Demon served the Pantheon, as the lore surrounding the Black Harvest Quests in MoP indicates, then Sargeras was merely the tip of a very, very big ice-berg that we are only now learning of.

To quote Thrall himself: "The beginning of wisdom, is the statement; ‘I don’t know.’ "

I recommend we enjoy the journey rather than waste energy screaming “Bad writing! Retcon!” before we have all the facts to make such a judgment. But to each their own. Have a wonderful night everyone.

3 Likes

They were always demons. Read World of Warcraft Chronicle Volume 1 page 21 where it talks about the rise of the demons. The Nathrezim were one of the intelligent demons that came from the Twisting Nether.

That was quite an excellent of putting it all down, and a nice quote from Thrall too. Even though I’m an Alliance guy, I can sympathize with and understand some Horde characters too. Thanks very much for saying all that Lacryma. And my guess using all that is that the Twisting Nether could somehow be linked to the Shadowlands in a way we don’t know yet, but we could have that explained sometime in the future too. Hope Shadowlands is not only a good xpac, but we also get 2h back, and the real Frostmourne to return as well, both in tmog form, and being used by Bolvar in the endgame raid too.

Some things were turned into Demons like the Eredar, some were always demons like the Nathrezim. Its not an assumptions, and this “wait and see” statement doesnt apply because we have the story from Blizzard themselves. They have put in a set of rules, and at the same time are breaking those rules. One big rule is prior to now there was no way in and no way out (except for one person who escaped but we dont know who) and the only way in was death. The key word is only.

This isnt another world either, its a parallel to reality.

You cant ignore what is already out there, which is established by Blizzard, and then say “wait and see because we dont have all the facts”. These facts are already there, and the LK stuff flies in the face of it. Even from The Shadowlands announcement, it flies in the face of what they said there.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the former legion aligned groups now the legion is gone. To be entirely honest wow without the legion feels a bit weird to me lol.

1 Like