2h Frost (and Frostmourne) megathread

Then they shouldn’t talk about me. Which they have been told by multiple people to not do. They have been constantly been doing it, even in other threads they aren’t a part of they go there to talk trash.

Yeah, I’ve mentioned how even if they put one in a transmog option would be terrible. Swinging a 2H weapon at the speed of two 1H weapons would look silly at best and definitely doesn’t line up with my concept of Frost DK class/spec fantasy.

We’ve gone over making it work before though. Change all procs to PPM instead of percentage, all attack damage to being based off straight AP, two runes on a 2H weapon. There doesn’t have two be different playstyles between 2H and DW, any future changes they make to the spec would affect both weapon sets about the same, and at that point the damage would be close enough for most people.

2 Likes

It would be as fast as your main hand. Which isn’t really that much faster. 2.6 speed is still pretty slow. A 2h is 3.6 if I remember correctly. It really wouldn’t be that bad plus you have to factor in ability usage.

Yeah, I thought mogging DW over a 2h could be fine, but it doesn’t really work the other way around sadly enough. And not only do I agree with you, but others suggested that as well for how to make 2h and DW pretty much balanced out and unable to have a huge advantage over the other. I just wish Blizz listened to that back in Legion in the first place.

That’s your opinion. It’s not the same as fact. For my part, I am excited for this expansion and am alright with the ret-cons, they solidify what was originally nebulous ideas. If we get to take out Sylvanas that’s another step in the right direction.

3 Likes

Solidify what? That blizzard is bad at writing?

1 Like

Personally I want 2h back so much. I am glad to get out of bfa. I have a list on that they an do to fix some of my favorite classes. Bringing 2h frost back is one of them. At this point that is my main concern. So many people want that to happen. Although I do not like what they have done to Sylvanas I liked her as a Character until she went bat nuts crazy.

7 Likes

My two cents:

Part of what was special about Arthas for me was that he was one of the most popular characters in Warcraft lore, critically important to the lore, and Blizz had the guts to kill him off and destroy Frostmourne.

Frostmourne has power that no one should be trusted with, and destroying it was the right answer.

His actions, his death, and Frostmourne’s destruction still resonate in Azeroth, and particularly for the Ebon Blade.

If they bring either or both back, they become just another run-of-the-mill plot device, and no longer a shining example, at least in my mind, of something Blizz got so spectacularly right.

For me, that unintuitive yearning for what was, that will never be sated-that should never be sated- is part of the internal conflict of being a Death Knight that makes the class interesting to me from a lore perspective.

We must make our way in the world without Arthas, and come 9.0, without any Lich King.

But I don’t think they are. I think that some of it can be, but that only applies to me. At the same time, as I have said before; that is subjective and only opinion. You say their bad at writing. I say some of it can be. Other players like the story. Your role, and my role as players is to offer feedback on it; but always remember that it is simply that. Your opinion.

“Po’tate’O - Poh’taught-O, my dear Kelliste.”

-grins ala Brent Spiner’s ‘Lore’ character.-

2 Likes

When you establish something in a story that should be it. There shouldnt be this "oh I dont like that in the past so lets retroactively change it because it doesnt fit where we are heading.

That is just bad writing, not to mention they set standards on the Shadowlands at Blizzcon that makes it not work with already established lore. The Shadowlands isnt out yet so its the perfect time to change it, dont go messing with the history of the Lich King that spans several games in the same universe because they cant think of a way to get to the Shadowlands without it.

Was that a reference to something? I don’t think I got that last part sadly enough.

Wrong. The entire origin story of Frostmourne and the Helm was nebulous from the start, as is the entire history of the Nathrezim, which is still a giant unknown in the lore. Just because you assumed the story would go in another direction and just because you don’t like what is finally being revealed does not make it a bad story. It just means your assumptions were incorrect.

This is why ultimately all you say is simply that. One opinion in a sea of opinions.

@Frostlich

It was a reference to this. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. And yeah, we know very little about the Nathrezim like you said. I suggested that they found a way into the Shadowlands since it was another world as well, to create Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination. Or at least force the Forge of Domination’s owner to create them. But one of them choosing to follow the light instead of Sargeras and the Fel, that was a very new one I didn’t expect at all, but very interesting at the same time.

And speaking of which, I hope we find a truly good Prime Naaru since Xe’ra said it herself that she was just ONE of the Prime Naaru, and how each one isn’t the light itself, but their own individuals with their own personalities. Also, people think the light is just a force instead of a force of good now sadly enough cause of Xe’ra, but she thought she was doing good, even though she wasn’t truly doing good with her own way. Kinda like Sally, who thought she was doing good too when she was going mad. So I hope Blizz can fix that mess up sometime.

But all that’s another story sadly enough, even though that’s a very interesting concept to follow. Either way, hope the next Prime Naaru we meet can pretty much redeem the Light for the players.

What in the world are you talking about? I didnt assume any direction the story would take so you are just pulling that from thin air. Im pointing out the contradictions that is in the story now. Even if you do follow the Shadowlands story there are OTHER questions that pop up.

The only person assuming is you. Through books, previous games, and even past wow expansions, which all dont line up still, the shadowlands story doesnt fit.

Lets just say the Nathrezim got it from the Shadowlands by breaking a rule that Blizzard has put into place, why is it that breaking the helm opened up the big hole in the sky? Frostmourne is linked to this afterlife with this “new” information, it was shattered in the same spot that the helm was broken, yet nothing happened at that point but now a helm that gives control over the scourge, which the time tables dont line up, and holds one soul does it?

Sorry, but its a bad story. We know the Nathrezim were one of the original races of demons born from the chaotic energies of the Twisting Nether so that blows the whole “they went there before they were demons” argument I heard because they were always demons.

Blizzard has stated that demons dont go to the Shadowlands so how they would have even gotten there to use a forge that they wouldnt have even known about just doesnt make any sense.

The shadowlands isnt another world. Its not some planet out there floating around, its the afterlife for mortal races which is infinite. Its a parallel to reality.

Blizzard has put these rules into place, and unless those rules are broken for the sake of plot and moving the story forward and not because it makes sense then this statement made by Blizzard that the LK armor was made at this forge in the Shadowlands, is just simply incorrect because it does not fit the rules that they have put in place on the Shadowlands.

:thumbsup: We will have to agree to disagree my friend.

2 Likes

Yeah, it looks like that’s the best bet here since so many of us disagree with her so much. I was trying to ignore her myself, but she’s doing everything in her power to make it impossible to do just that sadly enough. Still hoping we get 2h Frost back, and Frostmourne to be properly reforged too.

World of Warcraft Chronicle Volume 1 page 21 talks about where demons came from, and the Nathrezim are from the Twisting Nether. They never were not demons.

Its not an opinion, its what Blizzard has created. There are websites that list retcons like with the book that I previously cited. There is no building upon with some of these. It just outright changes. Like Aegwynn and Nielas Aran where their first meeting changed. Aegwynn was seeked our Aran in Stormwind and it was later changed that they met when he was hunting her.

Previously Y’Shaarg was killed by the Mogu, but now by Aman’Thul.

The Tauren previously predated the Titans but not anymore, or the Yaungol was a splinter group fro mthe Tauren but now are the ancestors of the Tauren race.

Just saying they arent retcons and they are opinion is wrong. They establish stuff and then change it and that is what is happening now with Shadowlands.

The scourge, as far as we know, is only local to Azeroth. Kil’Jaeden had this idea for Azeroth alone because nothing else worked, war after war ended in failure and the Lich King was his solution that failed as well.

People are just running with it because it might bring in something that they want. Thats it. Its actually destroying a good story even though it has its retcons as well. Like if the soul of Arthas was sucked into Frostmourne when he touched it how could he overpower Ner’Zhul in any way?

Sorry, but there are TONS of retcons. Some people want something so bad that they will ignore anything else that would get in the way.

Disagree as much as you want, but you are just wrong.

Except I’m not. Even the Black Harvest Quests in MoP had Kanrethad asking a Demon “What were you before you were demons”? The Demon says “I was a Titan Hound, policing the use of Sacrificial Magic. Why do you care?”

The point which I am making is this. The lore is what Blizzard says it is. That is immutable fact. The sooner you accept that, the happier you will be. Have a wonderful evening Kelliste, and Happy Holidays to you.

4 Likes

Yes, you are or did you miss the retcons that I listed because you didnt read my post?

I feel like this is the part where I should start saying “Wabbit Season” to your “Duck Season”. :wink:

Good night!

5 Likes