2h Frost (and Frostmourne) megathread

Every Jedi and sith has a lightsaber, lightsabers are cool.

Not every dk has frostmourne, frostmourne is cool.

It doesn’t matter how many people have it

5 Likes

Exactly Mauden, the lore argument has been utterly trashed because of Legion. So we can’t use that anymore at all. We may not be Arthas, but we’re not Tirion or Thrall either, yet we have their respective weapons.
(Still should have returned them to the class halls in-lore instead of leaving them as powerless normal weapons though, so that they can be re-awakened one day to be used again by NPCs. I would have really loved to see Anduin become the next Ashbringer speaking of which. And FYI for those that don’t know, Ashbringer is both the weapon, and a title for whoever uses the weapon.)

4 Likes

You guys do understand that there are those asking for just a visual, and for Frostmourne to be brought back entirely for either the class or for the LK which there isnt one anymore and there might not need to be one if the scourge is taken care of. No scourge means no need for a Lich King to control them.

Lightsabers arent even on the same playing field as Frostmourne so its irrelevant.

The Jedi are basically just knights, and they need a weapon. They are not unique to that universe even if they are “cool”. Frostmourne is really starting to lose its luster with so many people wanting it and demanding it. People cant let it die in piece, its lore is done, its even stated as such in game. Move on.

1 Like

I’m just want it as a transmog and the point about lightsabers was their significance to the Star Wars brand not to the in universe power level.

2 Likes

As a lifetime Star Wars fan, I’m going to have to stop you right there because your misinformation is actually offending me.

What do you mean “playing field”? A comparison was made in regards to visual attraction and individual worth of the item. Nobody was talking about functionality.

There is literally no difference between the two in a video game.

That is a massive leap from “trillions of undead may or may not be aimlessly ravaging the planet” to “there are no scourge, so we don’t need a Lich King.”

4 Likes

It’s the helm of domination that makes someone the lich king rather than frostmourne anyways. I don’t see anyone asking for the helm of domination lol.

5 Likes

I mean… I wouldn’t be against it.

even though it wouldn’t fit worgen anyway :frowning:

2 Likes

Jedi are like a Stormwind Knights sword. Lightsabers are dime a dozen, there is one Frostmourne. They arent on the same playing field, they arent even comparable and coolness is subjective.

You also made some pretty large jumps because I clearly said that there is no need for the LK if the scourge is taken care of. Us fighting the scourge is going to be the pre-patch.

I barely know anything about Star Wars and even I know how wrong that is.

3 Likes

Meant to say Jedi.

There only one ashbringer there is only one of a lot of items lore does not equal gameplay.

1 Like

Artifacts were a mistake… now what?

WRROOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGG. WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

Not the point.

The original point that the gnome made was that lightsabers are cool and every single Jedi and Sith uses them, but that doesn’t make Lightsabers any less attractive just because a lot of characters use them. Second time explaining this: it is about the individual feeling good about their character, not the individual simply feeling “unique”. We want to feel good using the appearance on our character. We do not care about the populous’ usage of it. And again, the Legion artifact system itself debunks the “one of a kind” argument". When every artifact in the game gets removed on the grounds of them being “unique to lore”, then I’ll stop asking for Frostmourne.

3 Likes

Artifacts were great gameplay and i think they were a great idea.

1 Like

I fixed it, dont go all crazy because of a typo.

Great some people like a visual… so what? You are still taking something that is a dime a dozen and then trying to compare it to something unique.

Well apparently they werent if there is this much controversy with lore surrounding them.

The point is that things like frostmourne and lightsabers are cool whether they are unique or a dime a dozen. The fact that they are cool comes from the design.

2 Likes

Alright, and?

Frostmourne would not be diminished by a transmog of it being available.

2 Likes

Yes it would. Just like the artifacts were.