28 minute video on why 1.12 AV is bad

This video pretty much explains it perfectly. This is a very educational video for all the people who never even played original AV and I highly recommend you watch it before continuing to give your opinion on if 1.12 AV is the right move or not.

I also would really appreciate it if Blizzard watched this so they can hear why people want earlier versions of AV so badly.

41 Likes

Yeah, I’ll totally listen to another 20+ minute video on why popular opinion is right and why blizzard is wrong made by someone who never played the original BG who never played on pservers and doesn’t understand the mindset of today’s players don’t work with the 1.5 AV.

19 Likes

Quality of life people don’t even want to spend 5 minutes in a bg, on live.

They are like too many people with bad gear cya leaves bg despite everything being about scaling. Or at least in legion.

Well they certainly should unerf npcs and not include cross realm bgs.
It certainly sucked when I summoned a wind rider and there wasn’t enough time for it to actually do anything.

3 Likes

Ouch, sounds like you have a personal vendetta. I personally enjoy Countdown’s content, as the host admits that he isn’t the most knowledgeable, and instead brings in experts and asks them great questions. He has interviewed people like Kevin Jordan, John Staats, Nano, Joana, people who’ve earned world firsts in Vanilla like Death and Taxes, rank 14’ers, practically every WoW content creator, and more. Josh is a great host who has had many informed guests, so I think your attacks are baseless.

21 Likes

Oldschool day 1 player here.

Those 2 day AVs were fun for a little while, but even back then they got old really fast. Players asked for changes and they were made back then.

I think they could do a lot of really cool things with classic AV without making them take 3 days to complete but I doubt anything like that would ever happen.

13 Likes

I’m not watching that. I could play, like, two 1.12 AV’s in that time!

23 Likes

I really don’t care about some random welfare european trying to “create content” on a 15 year old game.

I don’t know any of those people aside from Nano and Joana, both of whom are completely irrelevant players (but muh gameplay tester and speedleveler!!!).

Go away josh, promote your channel elsewhere.

4 Likes

Now Im pretty sure that this guy is just an angry troll

7 Likes

3 second response on how the video is wrong and 1.12. AV will be just fine

6 Likes

Clearly you do care since you took the time out of your day to post that. If you didn’t care, you wouldn’t say anything and go on with your business.

1 Like

It’s a shame that like these guys said play AV for the gear and never touch it again like 90% of the people arguing for 1.12 will also do.

4 Likes

Yeah, and the majority of players who touch 1.12 will do that. I have no idea why Blizzard is giving us the “do it for the rewards only” retail mindset content design in a CLASSIC version of the game that’s supposed to be the complete opposite of retail ;/

8 Likes

Yeah I’m sure this video has anything in that hasn’t already been whined about ad naseum for 14 years. We get it some people want boring AV games that never end.

3 Likes

Yes, people want the version of AV in the classic version of WOW that is supposed to be a time capsule of how the game was 14 years ago.

I thought that much was pretty obvious? It’s supposed to be a fan service showing people the past, not the most retail-like version of the game.

LOTS of things in Vanilla can be considered “boring”, are you trying to change everything about Vanilla to suit the retail WoW mindset, basically completely contradicting the entire purpose of Vanilla?

6 Likes

That’s what you’re getting, 1.12 the last version of AV in vanilla.

2 Likes

Days long were actually the exception to the rule while they did happen most were more of a 3 hourish which were truly epic. I really real bad that anyone that didn’t get to play it will never get to short of a private server. WSG/AB were the grind for honor per hour win trade battlegrounds, mostly WSG unless it was AB weekend.

2 Likes

I’m enjoying the hell out of the bellyaching going on. I predicted, when Classic was announced, that you guys would be disappointed. I got attacked by the classic fanboys then, but I’m laughing now.

2 Likes

Dude, these sorts of folks would be disappointed even if it was an exact replica of Vanilla.

It’s who they are. And that’s cool. Takes all kinds of trees to make a forest. Even the angry trees.

2 Likes

I used to listen to countdown but they don’t understand what no changes is about. Apparently the slightest change means its over but that’s not even close to the point of no changes.

2 Likes

1.12 #NoChanges

2 Likes