WoW Classic Closed Beta Has Returned

Thanks to your help testing WoW Classic, we’ve fixed many additional reported bugs since the Beta ended last month. To really ensure that these fixes are all functioning as expected and prepare the smoothest possible launch in two weeks, we’ve just re-opened our closed beta realms for additional testing of WoW Classic.

All testers who previously had access to the closed beta are now able to log into those realms. Characters that were previously created on the beta test realms were removed, and level 40-character templates are now available. The level cap has been increased to 45. Characters in this range will find level-appropriate quests to explore in zones such as Stranglethorn Vale, Swamp of Sorrows, Dustwallow Marsh, and Desolace.

As before, please use the in-game Bug Report button to submit issues encountered while testing. If you need more text space to explain an issue you encountered, please take it to our WoW Classic Support and Bug Report forum, which is now open for new threads.

This final closed beta test will end on Friday, August 16.

Thanks in advance to everyone who jumps in to test WoW Classic and help us prepare for its worldwide release on August 26 at 3:00 p.m. PDT!

45 Likes

First, cool.

3 Likes

So no new access for people who couldn’t get in before?

Is this just another excuse to get streamers to advertise classic some more?

After the way the servers melted during the name reservation, some kind of open season free for all stressing the servers as much as possible seems like it’d be more productive than another streamer beta.

It’s also kind of concerning that apparently 40-45 needed to be tested. Does that mean 45-60 is going to be crazy buggy?

158 Likes

Good to know that new stuff is being tested.

Any word on Realm forums though?

21 Likes

I wasn’t in the beta… Bummer.
Good to hear though!

5 Likes

Whaaaaat?? I didn’t expect this.

Edit: I just realized I am subbed but have no beta access… wtf…

9 Likes

Classic Beta appeared as an option for me after I played on the test realm this weekend, but it’s not available to play. :frowning:

1 Like

So all the people that previously weren’t logging during closed beta aren’t going to be logging in. They need to add more people.

20 Likes

Welp Rip my next week

2 Likes

Cool looking forward to an invite :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Why not just let everyone in at this point?

81 Likes

OMG OMG OMg !!! Amazing news!

1 Like

CLOSED beta? wtf

34 Likes

There were already concerns that there weren’t enough people to actually test anything as is, so no new access just tells me this is nothing more than streamers giving blizz free advertising.

41 Likes

INVITE ME PLZZZZZZ BLIZZZARD plzzzzzz

4 Likes

I wonder what content specifically in the 40-45 range needs to be tested?

2 Likes

how about open beta ?

22 Likes

Why not just let everyone with a sub play that and test it? It’s open for 3 days lul, and you’re gonna just let the other people that were already in it play?

47 Likes

Servers are not up… sad panda.

Do you have any intentions of releasing the percentages of characters created on alliance vs horde on the new classic servers before launch?

6 Likes