22 Aug Evoker Raid

Looking forward to the nerf to Unholy…because that’s how Blizzard works amiright Warlock?

realistically best way to nerf it is make it so it doesn’t stack at all. Sucks to be a 2nd aug evoker but it’s better than what it is now

Why is a heroic log where everyone is overgeared… evidence of something being broken?

1 Like

Someone had to beta test it…what better way than to hand the reins over to the live player-base.

Serious internal testing done by Blizzard and not relying on the community to do it for them?

Because it demonstrates an interaction that, intended or not, produces orders of magnitude more DPS than anything else and is replicable in harder content.

And back in vanilla 40 priests killed Onyxia. These kind of silly shennanigans always happen.

Onyxia can die to naked PC’s lol.

It tooks some time but a crew streamed that. Everyone in their char’s undies.

Full arcane mage Hellfire Citadel raid. Bosses dieing in 10s

True, but it was more impressive back on Vanilla when people were idiots (i mean, they still are, but, you know…), the game wasn’t figured out, and the hardware was oh so much worse than it is today.

That was end of expansion using an item that was only obtainable well after progress and was only going to last until the end of the tier.

The reason this is concerning js because it’s a proof of concept for something that were it not to change would be doable at the start of the next tier.

It’s also a demonstration of an interaction that, while pushed to it’s extreme produces these results, still poses balance problems at smaller scales. Multiple evokers buffing the same target providing gradually increasing value per Evoker is a problem for tuning whether you have 2 evokers, 3 evokers, 4 evokers, or 13 evokers.

1 Like

Pffft

Noooooo lol

/s

I saw it before coming to the forums and watched the live replay for my own amusement. The bosses are losing about 75% of their health in the last 5s as the buff ramp ups finish lol

Heres another example:

28 boomkins vs Castle Nathria

30 fire mages vs Nyalotha.

25 ww monks vs Aberrus

Just make it so their buffs don’t stack

I dont see a problem with this.

If it were replicable in harder content - you would see it in harder content.

You don’t. There is a reason for that

Yes but those aren’t proof of concept of some sort of natural scaling imbalance. They’re (In the case of monk) outright abusing bugs or just stacking the spec that does the most burst damage.

The problem isn’t that 23 augvokers and 2 dks blew up some raid bosses. The problem is that augvokers get stronger the more augvokers you have in the group. This is just a demonstration of that problem.

1 Like

If it were truly a problem - wouldn’t you see this at higher levels where people don’t over gear the content?

I think the actual reason for that is people don’t want to waste their mythic lockouts / attract the ire of blizzard for cheesing mythic raid bosses. There’s absolutely nothing mechanically stopping you from killing a boss like mythic zskarn, magmorax, rashok, Kazzara, or experiments like this. Just these Proof of concept runs are done on heroic.

1 Like

So… lets sey that they make augvokers works just like windfury totem.

Now they buff only the ppl in their group. And now you need at least 4 of them.

1 Like