22 Aug Evoker Raid

Or let’s they make it so augvoker 2 isn’t somehow worth more to the group than augvoker 1, which is currently the problem. They should be worth the same.

1 Like

But it isnt a problem. They created a 30 man raid, with 2 tanks, 1 heal, 2 spriests, 1 arcane mage, 2 UH dks and 22 evokers.

This kind of comp would never work in mythic raid.

And another group like that is very unlikelly to be recreated in LFG.

But they do. But you cant limit the quantity of augvokers ppl invite to their raid. Principally because their leggo drops from the last boss

They will kill Aug. This is Blizzard game design 101.

1 Like

It’s not even a proof of concept for two glaring reasons.

A). Everyone is over geared for the content,

B) they have over 20 augmentation evokers alone. Harder content has a hard cap

Why wouldnt it? Mechanics on the majority of bosses don’t start until 25-30 seconds in, by which point the boss is effectively dead. The only thing stopping you is immunity phases and transitions which not all bosses have.

I’m not suggesting limiting it. I’m suggesting changing it so that you don’t get more value per Evoker the more evokers you have, which is currently what’s happening.

2 Likes

You can already do this with an overgeared group.

It’s not necessarily a proof of concept for “Stack a bunch of evokers and 1 shot the boss” though after talking with biceps and looking at the logs / runs theyre overkilling these bosses by a good 20-30% there’s more damage in the tank the boss is just dead before then.

What this is showing though is that evokers are currently stacking in such a way that they gain value the more of them you already have. That’s true whether you have 2, 3, 4, or 13.

1 Like

This can only mean one thing! Nerf Mages…

This isn’t really relative in harder content.
Due to person cap.

Easy - Ebon Might doesnt stack ever

It is relevant because you will have the same effect with smaller numbers of evokers, just to a lesser degree. What you see there in a 22 aug raid is the problem demonstrated and taken to it’s extreme.

If I have 1 aug in my group, the presence of that aug should not make a 2nd one stronger. And the presence of two definitely shouldn’t make a 3rd one stronger.

1 Like

That only matters of the extra strength is greater than a different class.

Given relative ilevel.

And there is no proof that’s the case.

Haha, one of my guildies posted this chart with no context and even though I didn’t know what I was looking at, in my head I’m thinking, “Yep, seems about right.”

This isn’t true though - as you’re not seeing this effect replicated in any other boss fight.

There is a reason for this.

People were already cheesing this boss on heroic even without stacking evokers.

Oh wow. That’s pretty crazy… 3.5M DPS DK? Peaking at 141M DPS as a group? 20-second fight? So augvoker is probably gonna get a husky nerf.

For reference:

there is a guild with only 2 aug envokers… they only killed it 15 seconds slower.

So I don’t think your analysis is correct.

1 Like

Geared groups are killing that boss in 30-50 seconds without evoker stack.

Our guild averages less than 1.5 m kill with 100k average

1 Like

Yea, I’m sure but… 141M dps is pretty dumb.

Sure. But that’s the nature of that boss fight.

Once you outgear it - you too dps meters.

Are you talking about assault? Because yeah of course the boss is designed around having less hp but going away to have you fight adds, people have been skipping the add phases on heroic since week 2 by burning him straight into p3.

1 Like