Feedback - Stress Test

On the last server 12 shutdown I noted, when I logged back in, that all of my settings and key bindings had been undone.

1 Like

I found the starting area way to crowded (server 3). There were at least 10+ people standing around for every spawn. I couldn’t get past level 2.

I understand it’s meant to emulate launch day, but back in 04, not everyone logged in at the exact same time like they will in August.

You have to log out after getting all your settings set up.

This used to be old hand, it was a wave of nostalgia for it, actually.

Do all your keyboard settings, all your interface settings, log out, boom. Next restart or shut down they’ll be saved for that character.

I thought that was the case but I deselected and reselected “Always Show Action Bars” and it showed back up. Keybinds and all.

Realm 15, about 3:30 EST:

1. Way too crowded
  2. Felt comfortable, but everyone was still trying to tag mobs in the starting zone

Hey all -

We are just winding down on the initial testing window and wanted to thank everybody who was able to login and participate.

We will soon have 4 realms total, 2 PvP and 2 Normal that will be up and online overnight. Please continue to login, test the content, and provide your feedback (just don’t forget to provide which realm you are on).

If you haven’t gotten a chance to login yet, you can install and play using the “World of Warcraft Classic” version in your Battle.net App.

Thanks again!

7 Likes

Thanks, glad to hear it! Very much wonder which realms will be put up.

You need to click the options drop down in the upper left and update your client. I had the same issue.

Realm 15, Borderline too crowded in the starter zone. It took me an hour to get to level 5 because it was really difficult to tag anything and I then realized that the entire zone around kharanos was also getting spawn camped by the entire world. I haven’t leveled to 10 yet, but whatever population Realm 15 was at in the past hour and a half is probably a bit over the edge of what players will enjoy come launch day.

But then again, I guess I can’t speak for all the players.

And yes, if you haven’t updated your client, you will need to do so as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

and for the rest of the originally stated 48 hours I hope, or 45 after the test?

weird, I was in a really crowded area but I saw not a bit of phasing. no one fading in and out, neither mobs nor players.

So far same. There was a bit of lag during one period, and a reset, but did not notice anything fading in and out unexpectedly.

I was able to log on to Realm #16 at 5:00 p.m. EST, no issues at all.
When you went down to two servers, I was able to log on to realm #15 without any issues.

• Was it too crowded, even for a launch day experience? Yes, I could play for about an hour (JST) this morning and could only kill 2 zombies. I was able to grind outside of the zombie area (undead starting) and hey some levels. But the zombies need faster respawn or need more. I thought respawn times were adjusted based on local population in vanilla, but I could be mistaken.

• Did it feel too empty or too crowded after you moved to the second zone? No, the game opens up enough at that point, even after the initial couple quests in Desthknell it becomes a bit less crowded.

Will the other servers be coming back online?

Classic Realm 15.

6PM to 9PM EST, fairly busy with a fair amount of people complaining about spawns/amount of people but I didn’t think it was out of the ordinary. Hit level 7 in about two and a half hours which I don’t see as bad either; fairly accurate iirc.

Truthfully, I did not think it was crowded for a “launch day” at all. Once I left Shadowglen, it was pretty well balanced. Edit: To elaborate on “pretty well balanced”: You still see people regularly, but you’re not surrounded, nor racing constantly with your head on a swivel(that’s kind of fun though, for me.) You were hunting mobs, still fighting for tags, but you definitely had a much better shot without grouping up. All in all, im looking forward to Classic; still.

Server was stable(couple of resets, but no real issue,) I may have noticed the phasing once, but that was it.

Second edit: 53ms throughout my time online.

Classic PvP Realm 15
I just finished the human starting zone of Northshire and the only main thing that frustrated me was the respawn rate of the mobs, they just would not respawn fast enough so you would camp a spot for a little while. Other than that I think it was a great experience and you have to team up with a group or else you won’t complete your quests. BTW when you would reset the server it would reset your interface options to the original settings.

1 Like

I was moving smooth as silk on server 12, until suddenly most of the servers went down, including 12.

With only 2 servers left the experience was pretty garbage on both… my ping was great, but the realm itself was lagged up with click delays on looting and quest completion.

Whatever was going on in server 12 was working well.

1 Like

Casting Smite at Fargodeep Kobold right in front of me but it’s telling me too far away. ** (edit: I think it’s because I right clicked and it was saying that due to auto attacks between casts)

The number of people around seems pretty steady.

DC’d about 4 hours and 6 minutes in (on PvP 3).