2 Handed weapon showing in dracthyr form

When I logged in my Dracthyr today i found that my 2 handed weapon was visible and clipping through wings.
Anyone knows if this is intended? because I saw several other dracthyrs without that problem.

8 Likes

Yup, it is doing it for me too, and it looks terrible. I bugged it, because no way that is intentional.

On the off chance that it is intended and it’s to appease the “let us show our weapons” crowd, then that makes me even sadder. There was no care about what the weapons would clip with, it was just slapped on. If it’s gonna be here to stay can we please have an invisible 2 handed weapon option? Either a hide weapons option or something like the old troll shoes for weapons would be great.

Either way, I put on that light saber type 2 handed sword. It was the smallest thing I could find and the blade is mostly see through. In the future I will just prioritise one handed weapons for gear.

12 Likes

This is worse than any nerf, we need a way to turn them back off

5 Likes

Despite this thread starting as a request to show weapons, later down someone offers a way to hide em.

1 Like

This is really disruptive visually xd

2 Likes

I would like a way to hide my weapon in dracthyr form also like how it was before the patch also. I hope its a bug or if its not the ability to toggle it off.

3 Likes

This happened to me yesterday. Stayed there consistently regardless of transmog or barbershop changes. A couple hours later I transmog again and it goes away.

As started in every other thread about this, if your shoulders are hidden it will show your 2hander. Just transmog shoulders. If you want no shoulders, find a pair like herod’s that have only one pauldron, and then hide that one side while keeping the other transmogged.

I for one removed my shoulder transmog because I like having my sword on my back, even if it clips.

7 Likes

So I just upgraded to a heroic Naharlex Staff with speed on it and now I’m annoyed. Blizz please fix the clipping back issue ffs…

1 Like

My “should spikes” you can pick in the barber count as a shoulder piece to hide weapons.

The trick people have mentioned with the shoulders works to hide it. It’s what I ended up doing. Otherwise I agree. Not only is the clipping bad, but the way the weapon sits just looks weird. Way too high at the top.

1 Like

Watch them use the thread of people complaining about weapon clipping to be like “See? This is why dracthyr don’t get mogs, people will complain about clipping :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: its for your own good”

1 Like

If it was a choice I wouldn’t have minded so much, problem is that unlike FF14, WoW does not have a hide weapon button. :frowning:

If they let me hide my weapons people can have it on their back clipping through their wing as much as they want. Same with armour stuff. So long as I don’t have to show any mail at all, I don’t care if other people do. Although armour is even more complicated than weapons since they would need to separate the Dracthyr and the Visage forms first.

3 Likes

Just have shoulder spikes selected? I do and I still see it. Maybe go to the barber and deactivate reactivate? Not 100% clear on the trick I guess. :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

It’s not shoulder spikes. It’s shoulder mog. You find a set of shoulders that only has one piece showing normally, and then you use that. So for instance, I think I used Herod’s. Whatever the chain heirloom piece is called. I hide the right shoulder that would have showed up, and mogged the shoulders using the left hidden shoulder. You have to select to mog each shoulder individually too.

Edit: Just to be more clear because it confused me at first too. Go to a place where you can apply tansmog. Select the mog each shoulder separately button. Hide the right shoulder, and with the left shoulder select something like Herod’s shoulder. It will show up as invisible when you select it and equip it, and will poof the weapon.

4 Likes

Oh ok gotcha!! Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Np, hope it helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m gonna be sad when its fixed

transmog a sword
:dracthyr_a1:

That doesn’t fix the problem. The sword still clips and I hate the way it looks on my back. The staff is too high up, but I hate how big the swords are too. Most of them are either too wide, or too long. I would prefer just nothing on my back, so I hid it.

you need to get yourself a tormented mawsteel greatsword, or one of its various recolors. best two handed sword there is
:dracthyr_a1: