More World of Warcraft Experiences to Come

I’d love to hear that there’s something good coming for PvEers this patch (because another fated patch sucks), but this is too vague to rely on. “PvE” is a pretty broad spectrum. I have trouble believing that anything big enough for me to care about wouldn’t already be on the ptr.

edit: it must be the timerunning thing right. I guess we wait to hear how it’s different from timewalking, but I’m guessing it’s just more old dungeon revamps/m+s.

They all do. Imaginations so lacking that the only options are Plunderstorm and super bloom.

5 Likes

Your analogies and observations are actually dumb, like legitimately. I never heard anyone say the hearthstone event was fun, but it’s still much better than playing an entirely different game that doesn’t even match the genre of the game we pay for. If you like this kind of thing, good for you, a lot of us don’t want some sideshow content, we want content for the game we literally spend money on. It’s not that hard to understand.

8 Likes

For what plunderstorm is, I enjoy it. But it being the WOW patch prior to season 4 with currently zero new content at all is really disappointing. Season 4 in shadowlands was blamed on covid (which is understandable) and said it was essentially a side project for a few people. That had more changes than this current iteration of season 4. If reusing old content is the likely option, let us do something older than shadowlands. There are many raids from the past we can redo. I hope this post is a hint is something that can make me look forward to reprog.

1 Like

I don’t like the fact they called it PvE focused content. That pretty much cements the whole PvE vs PvP debate and there’s no way the folks involved are that polarized.

It’s more like… Plunderstorm lovers vs Plunderstorm not-lovers. Neither outright means they prefer PvE or PvP.

1 Like

Hanging in there. Lots to do. Lots to do. :slight_smile:

I hope you are doing well also! :dracthyr_heart:

6 Likes

Yeah, don’t remind me.

17 Likes

I wish that Blizzard would realize that if they want “surprises” to encourage hype and not anxiety and cynicism, they need to work on building player trust.

The fact that they can’t even be bothered to throw out a post clarifying if the new meta for the good boy will stay around after Dragonflight isn’t winning any transparency awards.

4 Likes

Except that’s the kind of content many like yourselves want to do.

For some odd reason people can’t comprehend a game with 6 buttons running around and try not to die in a free for all/duo environment.

But somehow a random boss spawn at various locations, getting frustrated that low drop rate you keep farming over and isn’t dropping, is somehow the favored content. Not because it’s easy, because it’s simplified enough to complain.

I do hope someone tells her that it’s en route…“in route” is not a thing

1 Like

There’s no reason for it to not stay. I think they even added a SL meta achievement as well, which also comes with a mount.

Well, people play WoW because it’s an MMO, if I wanted to play a BR, I’d hop on Pubg or any of the established BRs out there that are objectively much better. It’s not crazy to want the content for the game you pay for, to be in game. That’s the bare minimum they could do, literally.

21 Likes

Yeah, so why is it so hard to just post confirming it? Little things like that would go a long way to make it feel like they aren’t just toying with us.

Which is how these teaser posts feel. Their last surprise was bribing us to beta test their fortnight game.

7 Likes

Fixed it for you. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Fun enjoyers vs mog farmers.

Could you guys please change your article lettering format, it’s hard to read on a phone and the words look like they are blending in the background.

The website won’t let me zoom in on my phone to look at it closer.

Using your own response against you:

So you have pets. Why aren’t you playing Pokemon? Nintendo has a better system than WoW can ever do.

You collect mounts, why aren’t you playing a game that is a animal tycoon game? Red dead redemption 2 also has a feature of finding the best horse in game.

You collect transmogs, why aren’t you playing a game like The Sims to recreate your characters looks and appearances?

Unfortunately there’s a bitter reality here. Blizzard didn’t select Battle Royale because they knew we’d collectively love it. They chose it because it’s a popular game mode.

1 Like

To think most people are having fun with this just because you are, is delusional. The game only has so many players because retail and classic rewards are tied to it, wait 3-4 weeks when the majority are done with their grind, and we’ll see the actual state of the game. It would already be a graveyard if it only had its own rewards.

10 Likes

Probably because they like all of those things and find them all conveniently wrapped up in the WoW package instead of going to four disconnected games to get each of them separately.

Which ironically is another critique against Plunderstorm as you have to leave the game to get that aspect even if you do happen to like the mode.

8 Likes